Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #91
tth5454
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmebear
hello everyone!

i just returned from our cruise on board the disney fantasy. we were on the 7 night eastern caribbean itinerary (which includes san juan) & cruised concierge in a one bedroom suite, stateroom 12020.

the dates of the cruise was 1/26/13 - 2/2/13.

on this special trip, it was 3 generations of hyun ladies (my mom, me & my daughter) & we set sail to celebrate my daughter's 3rd birthday. also, this trip was a "thank you" trip for my mother who has been my #1 cheerleader & support as i am raising my daughter as a single mother. so indeed, we had much to celebrate during this FANTASTIC vacation.

i took so many pictures and will end this post with a few pictures from my iphone. please check back soon for more updates!

ask away if you have any questions about the cruise & i will try to answer as soon as i can. thanks for reading.

picture taken during the captain's gala. this is me, my wonderful mom & awesome daughter.

the fantasy docked in san juan.

a view of deck 11 from the aqua duck on an early morning at sea.

view of st. thomas from our balcony.

this is beautiful st. john.

the fort in san juan. i did my own tour of the fort for free!

our cabana in castway cay!

our cabana #10 on castaway cay.

panoramic shot of castaway cay.

my daughter in the gorgeous water.
Lovey picture of you, your mom and daughter
tth5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #92
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tth5454

Lovey picture of you, your mom and daughter
Thank you!
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #93
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

updated 3/14/13

AQUALAB!!

here are some pictures of the aqualab. i wish we had utilized this area more. it was pretty awesome. however, the weather did not cooperate most of the time as it was windy or cool. the hottest day on the ship was a sea day as we were heading towards san juan.

i can only imagine how crowded the aqualab would be on a hot & humid day. we had a great time.

emme lounging poolside.

aqualab!

waterproof camera came in handy!

emme loved the aqualab! i want to cruise during a hotter time so we can utilize the pools, nemo's reef & the aqualab more.

up next, ST. THOMAS -- ST. JOHN!!
Old 03-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #94
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

updated 3/17/13

HELLO ST. THOMAS & ST. JOHN!!

after a rocky sleep, i was so excited to wake up & see st. thomas. this was my view from the balcony.

it was absolutely gorgeous!! i could not believe we were finally here. we grabbed a quick breakfast from the concierge lounge. julia told us that we cannot take fresh fruit with us so she gave us a bag of popcorn to take. the popcorn came in handy during the trip.

we made our way to the theater where we were separated my stickers based on the excursion we picked. i chose the st. john tour for us & i'm so glad that i did. we were team goofy!

the excursion was set to leave at 8:15 and believe it or not, everything was on time. when it was time to exit the ship, everyone must scan their KTTW card when exiting. we took our drivers license with us as you need a form of id & your KTTW to re-board the ship.

as we were heading to our boat which would take us to st. john, i marveled at how large & beautiful the fantasy actually is. it's GINORMOUS!

hello socrecer mickey!

gorgeous fantasy!

hello dumbo!

we boarded our boat to head over to st. john. i did not realize that it would be a boat ride. if so, i would have had my mom take some more bonine. however, she's been taking it every day so it was still in her system. i just hoped & prayed that she wouldn't get sick on the boat ride.

the water was a beautiful teal color. i could not believe how beautiful the water was. the closet teal waters i've seen were in destin, fl & there the water was more of an emerald color. it was so pretty.

the boat ride took about 30 minutes & it was really fun. windy but fun. we saw so many house on high cliffs & random boats just hanging out.

so if you lived here, how would google maps direct you here?!

my mom was doing pretty well to my amazement. emme was loving every minute of the boat ride but she had lots of fears of falling into the water. ha ha!

we arrived to st. john. what a beautiful place.

our entire group was on the wrong bus! the bus we were told to ride was a completely different excursion. that would have been really tragic. although the driver on the wrong excursions name was puff. puff was really funny. i was kind of sad he wasn't our tour guide.

we were finally on the correct tour bus & off we went. the tour was going to take us to the top of the mountain where there would be tons of gorgeous views & sites to see. i'm really glad i didn't chose a beach excursion as the weather was windy & overcast on st. john.

gorgeous view!

they drive on the left side of the road which took me some getting use too. also the roads were very windy & appeared to be narrow but our tour guide was a great driver. i only wish i was on the outside seat instead of being wedged between a stranger and my daughter. it would have made for better pictures.

up & up we went!

cute bananas.

a spectacular view of the beach. our tour guide said that this beach is one of the top 10 beaches in the world.

and up, up, up we continued to.

i still could not get over as to how beautiful the area was. i really felt like i was on vacation now. st. john was stunning (well most of the area was...in particular the water).

overcast skies.

emme in the island spirit.

we started to descend and made our way to the beach & the sugar mill ruins.

windy!

so far, it has been a fantastic excursion.

up next, MORE ST. JOHN!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:03 AM   #95
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Oh wow, St John looks stunning and your photos are beautiful
We are doing the Eastern next year so I am loving your excursion review, it looks like it would be perfect for us
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #96
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

St Thomas/St John looks beautiful! I cannot wait until we get to visit!
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-12, 2014 CR, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #97
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67
Oh wow, St John looks stunning and your photos are beautiful
We are doing the Eastern next year so I am loving your excursion review, it looks like it would be perfect for us

Thank you!

It was great because everyone got to go & it was only 4 hours. We had time to go back on the ship, have lunch, drop emme off at the kids club and then do some shopping in st. Thomas.

More on that later!

Thanks for reading along Linda! I appreciate your comments.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #98
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb
St Thomas/St John looks beautiful! I cannot wait until we get to visit!

It was a gorgeous area. I would've loved to head to the beach but I'm glad I didn't as the weather did not cooperate!

Thanks for reading along.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #99
kittymamma
Earning My Ears

Hi EmmaB, my hubby and I will be on the Eastern (we are the 70+ group but very active) and had looked at the St John Island Tour. Are there potty breaks and would the drive up the mountain be a nail biter for someone who is afraid of heights ?
Your DD is precious !
kittymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #100
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymamma
Hi EmmaB, my hubby and I will be on the Eastern (we are the 70+ group but very active) and had looked at the St John Island Tour. Are there potty breaks and would the drive up the mountain be a nail biter for someone who is afraid of heights ?
Your DD is precious !

Hello!!

We stopped at the potty prior to starting the trek & then we went to the potty ourselves afterwards when the tour ended. You do stop at a sugar mill but I'm not sure if there is a bathroom there.

You do go up pretty high & the view is spectacular. However, you do not have to get out of the tour van to take pictures or look at the view. The driver encouraged everyone to get out and take a look but there were those who chose to stay in the van.

You also stop at a beach which is really nice. Very rocky but the water is gorgeous!

The winding roads made me nervous but our driver was a very good driver and made our your really fun.

Thank you for the comment about my daughter.

I'll be posting more pics of the St. John island tour soon! Thanks for reading along!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #101
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

I love St John- I think it is the most beautiful island in the Caribbean. That beach you were looking down on was Trunk Bay- if you ever go back, the snorkeling there is very cool- there are actually signs in the water describing the coral and fish- it's an underwater trail. So awesome!

You always take such beautiful photos- and really, your daughter is ADORABLE!! What a cutie!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #102
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel
I love St John- I think it is the most beautiful island in the Caribbean. That beach you were looking down on was Trunk Bay- if you ever go back, the snorkeling there is very cool- there are actually signs in the water describing the coral and fish- it's an underwater trail. So awesome!

You always take such beautiful photos- and really, your daughter is ADORABLE!! What a cutie!

Thanks for the clarification...I couldn't remember the name of that beach. I'd definitely love to visit again. It was very beautiful.

And thank your for the very kind comments. They are much appreciated.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #103
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

updated 3/19/13

ST. JOHN & ST. THOMAS PART 2

back to our "Tour of St. John" excursion....

next to the beach was an old sugar cane factory. we were allowed to explore the area & then were told to make our way down to the rocky beach.

there is a pretty steep incline up towards the sugar cane factory. again, if you are unable to physically make it or have no interest, you could hang out in the tour van with the driver. some people skipped out on the sugar cane factory & just made their way to the beach.

emme collected leaves along the way to make a bouquet.

grandma & emme.

the ruins were pretty fascinating. there was also a fabulous view of the gorgeous water too.

lovely view.

emme catching up with her reading.

pretty small flower.

there was a surprise treat at the sugar cane factory ruins. in a small room, a native was preparing home made bread & was offering all tourists the bread, cheese (it looked & tasted like good ole cheddar cheese) in addition to a local non-alcoholic drink. very nice!

the bread was a bit dry but was warm from the hearth oven she was using. the cheese was ok but i didn't eat much of it as it looked as if it had sat out for awhile. the drink was very very sweet.

we did a little more exploring and made or way down to the beach. but look what we randomly saw in a tree.

cotton!

i thought that was pretty neat to see cotton. i've never seen cotton before just blooming in a tree. i guess it's the little things, right?

my mom loves loves loves flowers & anything green.

we made it to the beach and came across this sign:

here are some more views from the excursion:

super gorgeous st. john.

my mom on top of the world!

self portrait.

overall, i really enjoyed the excursion. we left early enough to make it back onto the boat & it was something all three of us could do. our driver was excellent & the island was breathtakingly beautiful.

while waiting for our boat to take us back to st. thomas, it did begin to drizzle on and off.

waiting for our boat.

vanilla ice cream from a local shop. it was pretty bad & made her tummy hurt.

we made our way back to the boat to have some lunch & unwind.

view from our balcony.

i loved our balcony so much.

and a pirate ship...ARGH!

after dropping off emme & the oceaneer lab, my mom & i decided to go shopping in st. thomas.

hello st. thomas!

we headed to yacht haven grande which was literally right next to the boat. there were lots of shops including some high end stores. it wasn't as busy as i thought it would be but there were so many things to look at.

my mom & i both bought purses for ourselves at the gucci store. our purses were 20% cheaper than in the states and there is NO SALES TAX! that was exciting.

we rushed back on board the ship as we were set to sail at 430. it was pirate night this evening at animators palate. i was pretty tired & wanted to unwind a bit in my room before dinner.

yummy bubbly from the concierge lounge.

we had a great day in st. thomas & st. john. i will never forget the spectacular views that st. john provided. i loved that the excursion was 4 hours and began early which still gave us time to enjoy the boat & not feel so "rushed". two thumbs up from me.

up next, PIRATE NIGHT!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #104
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

St Thomas and St John look beautiful - so excited to be going there next year

I really love to do excursions that still leave enough time to explore on your own as well. The one you took sounds perfect, back to the boat for lunch and shopping in the afternoon

I'd love to see your purse!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #105
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
St Thomas and St John look beautiful - so excited to be going there next year

I really love to do excursions that still leave enough time to explore on your own as well. The one you took sounds perfect, back to the boat for lunch and shopping in the afternoon

I'd love to see your purse!

you are going to have an awesome time! i really want to cruise again in january for emme's 4th birthday but i really wished we had warmer weather in castaway cay. so i'm considering cruising a little later.

here are the purses:

my mom & her pretty purse.

this is my large hobo bag. i have a smaller gucci bag & wanted something larger. i'm really happy with it & it was such a great deal...plus no tax!

Tags
12020, concierge, eastern, fantasy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: