Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #31
chrisrunty
DIS Veteran

We were in 8102 on the wonder this last year and our 4 year old took a bath every night. The one in the master bed area has a tub. :-)
chrisrunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #32
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Master in 8602 on the Magic.

justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #33
justmestace

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrunty View Post
We were in 8102 on the wonder this last year and our 4 year old took a bath every night. The one in the master bed area has a tub. :-)
In relation to the picture I just posted, where was the tub?
I'm almost certain there used to be one in 8602 on both the Magic and the Wonder, where the larger shower is now.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #34
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
In relation to the picture I just posted, where was the tub?
I'm almost certain there used to be one in 8602 on both the Magic and the Wonder, where the larger shower is now.
The bathroom layout is different in 8102 on the Wonder. The tub is across from the double vanity and then you go thru another doorway to the commode and shower.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #35
justmestace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
The bathroom layout is different in 8102 on the Wonder. The tub is across from the double vanity and then you go thru another doorway to the commode and shower.

That would be more like the two bedroom and Royal master baths, then, right? Only without the step-up, since it's H/C.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:28 AM   #36
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
That would be more like the two bedroom and Royal master baths, then, right? Only without the step-up, since it's H/C.
Yes, but the section that has the commode and shower is much smaller than the 2 bedroom's same area. I don't remember if 8102 on the Wonder had a door or not between the 2 areas.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:13 AM   #37
Lorraine
Mouseketeer

We have been in 8602 and a mid ship cat 3 and the HA ones are probably at least 25% bigger (I want to say more than that but not 100% sure). As mentioned the balcony is huge. We have also had 8100 which is also HA (we were on the wait list and offered the rooms at the PIF date) and I think is bigger again. I prefer 8602/8102 though as they have patio doors off the master bedroom while 8100/8600 don't. Neither had a bath on the magic which was the one downside.

Lorraine
DCL 14 Day CA to FL Relocation Cruise Aug 2005; DCL 14 Day WBTA 2007
NCL 12 Day Hawaiian Cruise April 2008; DCL 11 Day Mediterranean Cruise August 2010
DCL 14 Day WBTA Sept 2010; DCL 8 Day New York Cruise July 2012; DCL 14 Day WBTA 2014
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #38
shopmom
Earning My Ears

8102 on the Wonder has a door between master and living room . No Murphy bed , sleeps 4. It does have a bath tub in the master bathroom .
Balcony doors from both bedroom and living room . Great views from balcony but could get windy and no privacy in mornings during breakfast service . Lots of noise and vibration during some dockings ... All in all great location and great room ..
shopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #39
justmestace

And again a reminder.....on both the Magic and the Wonder, 8600, 8602, 8100 and 8102 are HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE ROOMS. Please don't book these rooms if you don't have needs!! Thank you.

I do understand that people w/o needs are assigned these rooms if they are close to sailing date and the rooms aren't reserved, that's not what I'm talking about.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #40
Dollar2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
And again a reminder.....on both the Magic and the Wonder, 8600, 8602, 8100 and 8102 are HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE ROOMS. Please don't book these rooms if you don't have needs!! Thank you.

I do understand that people w/o needs are assigned these rooms if they are close to sailing date and the rooms aren't reserved, that's not what I'm talking about.
With respect, I disagree with this. These four cabins are very nice for anyone and should not be reserved simply for "those with needs". There are very few cabins of this category and booking should be the same for all. There are other handicap rooms in other categories so these should not be reserved considering the trouble we all go through to book these cruises.

I was placed in 8102 on our first cruise on the Wonder almost 10 years ago when a waitlist opened up. I've cruised in 8102 on the Magic ever since. That being said, if a family needed one of these cabins and they book as early as I do, I would not hesitate to take a different Cat 3 so that the other family could take advantage of the handicap amenities.
Dollar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #41
chrisrunty
DIS Veteran

Anyone else have a preference on which 1 bedroom suites on the classic ships?
Old 03-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #42
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

Ok, I am very confused. We have 8522 on the Wonder. It is a forward 1BR. We leave in a week and I'm worried.

What is the bed configuration? Queen in the bedroom and queen sofa in the living room? Where is the 5th bed? I was totally under the assumption that it was in the living room.
Can 2 kids really fit on the sofa?
Where is the best spot for a porta crib?

We have 3 small kids (7,4,1) and I don't want kids in our bedroom with us.
cheesemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #43
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemouse View Post
Ok, I am very confused. We have 8522 on the Wonder. It is a forward 1BR. We leave in a week and I'm worried.

What is the bed configuration? Queen in the bedroom and queen sofa in the living room? Where is the 5th bed? I was totally under the assumption that it was in the living room.
Can 2 kids really fit on the sofa?
Where is the best spot for a porta crib?

We have 3 small kids (7,4,1) and I don't want kids in our bedroom with us.
The third bed is a wall pull down murphy twin, and it is in the bedroom.
Two small kids may work on the sofa.
You could place the crib in the lvrm or the bedroom if the murphy not down.

Did you see this prior to booking?
from DCL site;

"Sleeps: 5
Size: 614 sq. ft. including verandah
Room Configuration: 1 bedroom with queen-size bed, living area with double convertible sofa, single wall pull-down bed in some living rooms or bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, walk-in closet, wet bar
View: Private verandah"

You can also see the floor plan and photos there;
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...with-verandah/

ETA; the murphy in bedroom is not shown on floor plan. It is located in alcove where chair is shown in front of slider to balcony.

Last edited by Bear3412; 03-04-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #44
chrisrunty
DIS Veteran

Hi. I am the original poster. On a previous Wonder cruise the day we checked into our cruise all four 1 bedroom suites at the back of the ship were open. We didn't even know 8102 was a HA room, since we never stayed in a suite before we thought they all looked like that. You are making me VERY upset stating I did something terrible! After 12 years of cruising with Disney I've never felt so upset.

For what it's worth the reason I made this post is that for our cruise in a few weeks. When we again check in at the port if there are multiple options for upgrading to a one bedroom I was curious if all the rooms were the same. UGH.

Last edited by chrisrunty; 03-04-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #45
justmestace

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrunty View Post
Hi. I am the original poster. On a previous Wonder cruise the day we checked into our cruise all four 1 bedroom suites at the back of the ship were open. We didn't even know 8102 was a HA room, since we never stayed in a suite before we thought they all looked like that. You are making me VERY upset stating I did something terrible! After 12 years of cruising with Disney I've never felt so upset.

Sorry if I upset you, but it's clear I wasn't talking about you, or your situation. I did say that in your situation, that it's perfectly okay to accept one of these rooms when it's offered by DCL.

I was specifically talking about the person who posted that they would take these rooms as fast as they can, and they didn't CARE that someone in need might be missing out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: