Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #1
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Should I request a site?

We will arrive for our first stay at the Fort in about a week. Should we request a certain location? Someone sugested toward the back by the kids stuff (playground?) Not even sure what that means since we haven't been there before. Any suggestions? I know requests don't always come through, but should we make one?
We do have a bunch of kids. We will rely on Disney transport to the parks. We will arrive at rope drop most mornings and take afternoon breaks back at the RV.
Any other tips or info you have for a first timer are welcome too.
Thanks!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
2goofycampers
Sounds like something a camping trip could cure
Enjoy the beer and wine you will love it

You can't request a site but a loop. What type of site did you reserve? Full, preferred or premium? Will you be using the comfort stations?

2goofycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #3
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goofycampers View Post
You can't request a site but a loop. What type of site did you reserve? Full, preferred or premium? Will you be using the comfort stations?
Preferred

I assume the comfort stations are the bathrooms/showers. We don't need those.

We will need to laundry a couple of times. (More if it's convenient.)
Old 02-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
retired and happy
Auburn-him/Alabama-her

Preferred will be the 100-300 loops near the Marina. With 300 being a pet loop also. The sites near the back of the loops are a little quieter, but near the Marina will have more boat horn noise. The CS's have men's and women's bathroom/shower room and the laundries. 100 and 200 share a CS near the entrance. Washers and dryers are $2.00 per load. There is a change machine in each laundry as well as laundry products available. There is also an ice machine outside each CS, but ice at the trading posts is colder and in a larger bag. There is a playground near Crockett's Tavern and another near the entrance to Loop 300. There is a basketball goal near the entrance to 100-200. Some of these sites are smaller than the premium sites since they are the oldest sites at the Fort. Enjoy.
retired and happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
2goofycampers
Sounds like something a camping trip could cure
Enjoy the beer and wine you will love it

I'd ask for 200 if you're without a pet and 300 if you have a pet with you. 100 for me has a bit too much pedestrian traffic.

2goofycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Thanks, guys. No pets, and my kids are scared of dogs, so I guess 200 is for us.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #7
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Oops. Just looked at our reservation and it says "Full Hook-Up" site.
I guess we're talking about different loops now. Any preference?

If I understand the map correctly, I am thinking 1600 because it may be close to 2 laundry facilities and is close to the bus stop. What do you guys think?

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 02-02-2013 at 02:42 PM.
dr&momto2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #8
lodge
DIS Veteran

There is a few maps on this thread that may help you decide where you want to be (the rest is really good info too!)

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...19&postcount=1
Old 02-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #9
musket mickey
Dream Finder

We have stayed in the 1600 loop many times over the years. The 1600 loop is close to the bus stop and restroom/showers. It is also close to the pool and the trading post.
However the sites are narrow and not as long or wide as the premium sites. It can be an experience backing into the sites as there isn't much room. We were also unable to put out the awning due to lack of room. It all depends on the size of your rig. We are just shy of 37' with multiple slide outs. It can be done but it is tight. I would choose the 800 loop for us. However we always get a cart as well. Good luck on your venture
musket mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #10
Jennifer41
Housework? What housework? MOUSEWORK!

When I made my reservation the CM I talked to was VERY helpful and even asked me if I wanted to request a loop. When I told him I don't know much about FW he then asked me what was important to me, being close to the bus/CS/pool/pets etc. I even mentioned I didn't want to feel like I was "being picky" and he was very adamant about me getting what I wanted and getting the most for my money.

So when you call to make your request, tell your CM you'd like to be near laundry but in a pet free loop.
Jennifer41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:35 AM   #11
articfox676
Mouseketeer

We have been to FW many times since we are AP holders. Never request a specific loop only type (premium). Have enjoyed trying the different areas. Once we even got the same site. Do we like some more than other? Sure but hey we are at the Fort all is good. A certain site would not spoil my vacation. Enjoy the Fort and the parks.
articfox676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #12
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

My family spend alot of time at the theme parks. Maybe 2 or 3 times at the pool. So we make more trips to the Theme parks than the pool. We have never rented a golf cart and if we did it probably wouldn't matter were we camped. So we like to camp near the marina. That way we can just walk out the camper and walk to catch the boat to Magic Kingdom or to the bus stop that is also near. This cuts down on a step of taking a bus inside campground first. We usually have asked for a preferred (we like loop 100). But 200, 300, 400, 700 would be ok to. 100 is just closer. Last time I camped was in 2007 they gave us loop 700. That was close to the bus stop and we were still able to walk to catch the boat.We really liked loop 700 because of not being in a circle. It was a short road. I found out later it was a dog loop, & we don't have dogs, but none bothered us. One thing that surprised us was Loop 700 doesn't have a comfort station and you have to walk across the main road to loop 400. We didn't have little ones that year so it worked out ok for us.
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: