Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
MommytoaPrince
Mouseketeer

Booking thru Dreams Unlimited v. Disney Cruise Line

This will be our 2nd cruise with DCL and we booked straight thru them the first time. It was a simple and easy process. We are ready to book our second cruise and we were going to do it again thru DCL but just realized that Dreams Unlimited is offering an OBC. Are there any PROs/CONs when booking thru anyone other than DCL?
MommytoaPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
FrogMBA
Mouseketeer

I just booked my first Disney cruise through Dreams Unlmiited and I had no issues. They took care of everything. They have notified Disney about my food allergy and submitted all my info.

My confirmation from Dreams Unlimited contained my Disney reservation number and I did online check in and set up my excursions and Adult dining on the Disney website.
I think it is worth the OBC. I just let my TA know anything and she does the leg work.

But, as with anything it is a personal preference.
FrogMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

We have been a DU customer, and we are satisfied with our cruises, the on board credit, and the return gifts we have gotten. HOWEVER, I do not like the fact that you can't call and discuss a problem, concern or a change. Right now, we are considering a change, and we're waiting for a reply to my e-mail. I want to support them because they are a DIS sponsor, but right now, I am rethinking our using them in the future.

Bobbi
Old 02-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
FrogMBA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
We have been a DU customer, and we are satisfied with our cruises, the on board credit, and the return gifts we have gotten. HOWEVER, I do not like the fact that you can't call and discuss a problem, concern or a change. Right now, we are considering a change, and we're waiting for a reply to my e-mail. I want to support them because they are a DIS sponsor, but right now, I am rethinking our using them in the future.

Bobbi
Wow, The TA I was assigned to has responded within 5 hours every time I contacted her. Sorry you are having trouble.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post

Bobbi
I apologize that are waiting longer than usual for a reply from your agent.

Please feel free to email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I will be happy to assist in any way I can.

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMBA View Post
Wow, The TA I was assigned to has responded within 5 hours every time I contacted her. Sorry you are having trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post
I apologize that are waiting longer than usual for a reply from your agent.

Please feel free to email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I will be happy to assist in any way I can.
Wow, you both have responded quickly here!

It's because I have specific questions that I would like to know the answers in a "chat" format that has me frustrated, not just the lag in respond time. I knew going into the association with DU that you are not available for calls as such.

Bobbi
Old 02-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #7
Cats12
Mouseketeer

Why not both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoaPrince View Post
This will be our 2nd cruise with DCL and we booked straight thru them the first time. It was a simple and easy process. We are ready to book our second cruise and we were going to do it again thru DCL but just realized that Dreams Unlimited is offering an OBC. Are there any PROs/CONs when booking thru anyone other than DCL?
I booked mine online with DCL so I could play with dates, cabins type, dinner seatings, picking cabin numbers and, of course, PRICES without having to go back and forth with a TA. Once I got all that done and booked, I paid the deposit to Disney and switched the reservation to a TA. Still got the OBC from the TA. Did that last time, too. Best of both worlds, IMHO. I don't know how the TAs can afford to do that, really, but they also got my booking with almost 0 work. Apparently Disney has just changed the rules so you can only transfer it within 30 days of booking, but that was no problem for me, I did it the next day anyway.

I love playing with all the options to get the best possible cruise for me, I'd drive a TA nuts if I couldn't do that myself.

Cats12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
RDP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMBA View Post
I just booked my first Disney cruise through Dreams Unlmiited and I had no issues. They took care of everything. They have notified Disney about my food allergy and submitted all my info.

My confirmation from Dreams Unlimited contained my Disney reservation number and I did online check in and set up my excursions and Adult dining on the Disney website.
I think it is worth the OBC. I just let my TA know anything and she does the leg work.

But, as with anything it is a personal preference.
Good to know you can still do all the planning on the DCL web site if you book with DU. We are considering using them for our next cruise.
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani

RDP is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: