Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
Jadeey
Mouseketeer

When to book resort

Hi all,

My fiance and I are planning to go to Disneyworld for our honeymoon. We're from New Zealand so, to make the flight price worthwhile, we're planning to stay in Orlando 2-3 weeks and go to some of the other Orlando attractions as well.

We get married right at the end of December so plan to arrive at Disneyworld on around the 30th December. Having a look at the packages it looks like you can only book if you are staying 14 nights or less. Since we'll be staying longer than that I just wanted some advice on when to book.

Should I wait until August when January becomes available to book and book the resort/tickets etc separately? Or will the resorts (specifically the All-Star resorts because we can't afford anything else) be booked for New Years by then? If so, should I book a few days now and then book the rest of the January days later?

Thanks for the help!
Jadeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadeey View Post
Hi all,

My fiance and I are planning to go to Disneyworld for our honeymoon. We're from New Zealand so, to make the flight price worthwhile, we're planning to stay in Orlando 2-3 weeks and go to some of the other Orlando attractions as well.

We get married right at the end of December so plan to arrive at Disneyworld on around the 30th December. Having a look at the packages it looks like you can only book if you are staying 14 nights or less. Since we'll be staying longer than that I just wanted some advice on when to book.

Should I wait until August when January becomes available to book and book the resort/tickets etc separately? Or will the resorts (specifically the All-Star resorts because we can't afford anything else) be booked for New Years by then? If so, should I book a few days now and then book the rest of the January days later?

Thanks for the help!

If you're up for it, I might suggest moving resorts part way through? That may help with your package if you split the trip up and you'll get to try out a few different resorts at the same time! You can try to ask around here and see if anyone has a room block you might be able to use and get a discount on the room!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
ChristineNic
Mouseketeer

The week between Christmas and New Year's is the busiest time of the year at Disney. I would book your room as soon as possible.
ChristineNic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: