DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #31
edith76
Mouseketeer

My biggest issue with this is when I made the reservations this charge was not in effect and my confirmation clearly states - complimentary transportation. They should be grandfathering confirmed reservatons.
edith76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #32
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
My guess is you'll owe the fee but they may waive it for owners who would not pay the fee otherwise. If you think about it, would you ask about Wyndham Plus owners as well.
Dean, Club Wyndham Access is a "blended" product held in trust. CWA contracts do not carry specific deeded underlying ownerships, but are just fractional membership in the trust, and the trust in turn holds all the deeds. The trust holds some inventory from Bonnet Creek, and so CWA owners are also, in some sense "owners" at Bonnet. A similar situation exists for Wyndham Presidential Reserve members. So, as I understand it, members of both of those trusts are exempt from the fee.

However, (again as I understand it), owners who only own deeded properties at other resorts are going to be charged.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #33
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
Dean, Club Wyndham Access is a "blended" product held in trust. CWA contracts do not carry specific deeded underlying ownerships, but are just fractional membership in the trust, and the trust in turn holds all the deeds. The trust holds some inventory from Bonnet Creek, and so CWA owners are also, in some sense "owners" at Bonnet. A similar situation exists for Wyndham Presidential Reserve members. So, as I understand it, members of both of those trusts are exempt from the fee.

However, (again as I understand it), owners who only own deeded properties at other resorts are going to be charged.
That's consistent with the way I was thinking reading the statement.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #34
Shellandscott
Earning My Ears

Just to chime in here. I have both RCI resort and a DVC membership. RCI charges thru the nose to transfer to another resort. For an RCI member you need to pay a membership fee each year of $89.00 plus a transfer fee of $199.00 for each transfer. This is on top of your maintenance fee that you already paid to your home resort. I am sure RCI charges Disney something for each transfer, not the full amount but something. That is what I thought the $95.00 fee was to off set.

Numerous trips from 1973-1992
January 1999 - POFQ, May 2000 - & February 2004 - Offsite, August 2004 - BCV, January 2005 - SSR, May 2005 Hawaii (II), January 2006 - VWL, July 2006 - OKW, January 2007 Vegas (II), October 2007 - BCV, January 2008 - GF, May 2008 - VWL, Sept 2009 - BCV, May 2010 - VGC, May 2011 - SSR & BLT , May 2012 - VB, October 2012 - VGC, May 2013- BCV & VB, Dec 2013- OKW, Jan 2014 - BLT & SSR, May 2014 VGF

Dream May 2011
Shellandscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #35
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellandscott View Post
Just to chime in here. I have both RCI resort and a DVC membership. RCI charges thru the nose to transfer to another resort. For an RCI member you need to pay a membership fee each year of $89.00 plus a transfer fee of $199.00 for each transfer. This is on top of your maintenance fee that you already paid to your home resort. I am sure RCI charges Disney something for each transfer, not the full amount but something. That is what I thought the $95.00 fee was to off set.
The $95 fee in question is a fee that DVC charges to inbound exchanges at WDW in addition to the exchange fee. It's generally been called a "resort services fee" and DVD/DVC says it's to cover things like dining reservation and other servicing issues related to the exchange program. In reality is doesn't cover anything that isn't already paid for by the member who exchanged out and does not cover much if anything that the exchanger couldn't do on their own otherwise.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #36
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

There is *one* thing the $95 gives an inbound exchanger that they would not otherwise have: the right to call the DVC 800 number for a reservation booked on someone else's points. That's a mighty expensive "free" call.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #37
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
There is *one* thing the $95 gives an inbound exchanger that they would not otherwise have: the right to call the DVC 800 number for a reservation booked on someone else's points. That's a mighty expensive "free" call.
Like I said, nothing of value you can't do without MS as well as nothing not essentially payed for by the DVC member exchanging out.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #38
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Update

Apparently, this poor decision has been reversed.

This is from a letter a TUG member (who had a reservation at WBC) received from the resort manager:
Quote:
Dear Guest:

As a result of recent feedback, the Bonnet Creek Home Owners Association has reversed the recently communicated $12 per unit / per day transportation fee at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. Beginning March 1, 2013, transportation fees will only be applied to individuals who use the Walt Disney World® Resort shuttles at the resort.

We remain committed to delivering exceptional Count On Me! service and creating vacation memories for you and your family and friends.

Thank you for your continued feedback and ongoing support. We look forward to your stay at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort.

Sincerely,
Richard Scinta, Resort Manager
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #39
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
Apparently, this poor decision has been reversed.

This is from a letter a TUG member (who had a reservation at WBC) received from the resort manager:
This sounds like a far more reasonable approach.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #40
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Wonder how they plan to administer this?

Are they going to charge guests only for the days that they actually use the service?

Do it on the honor system?

Charge if you do not have a car?

Swipe room keys as guests board the bus?

Charge everyone and refund those who can "prove" they didn't use the service?

Etc.

Glad I'm not in charge of this, LOL.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:40 AM   #41
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post

Are they going to charge guests only for the days that they actually use the service?

Etc.

There are many ways they could do it easily but I don't know how they will. They will likely require tickets or a pass of some sort purchased from the resort but they could keep a log. I doubt they'll do Point of Sale payment.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #42
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:

Etc.

You don't know Wyndham, Carol!

They just made a decision. They haven't given Thought One to any of those implementation questions!
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:11 AM   #43
gdrj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
You don't know Wyndham, Carol!

They just made a decision. They haven't given Thought One to any of those implementation questions!
Just guessing here, that they will charge the fee for length of stay, easier to manage. Wrist band or pass etc.. If not can only imagine guests upon checkout who had paid for 5 days of transportation but only used 4 due to weather or Aunt Irma wasn't feeling good etc... wanting refund.

My impression is that Bonnet Creek has enough trouble checking people in and would eat up any revenue with add'l administrative costs managing a complex system.
gdrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #44
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Here is the latest WBC policy regarding WDW transportation from RCI:

Quote:
The staff at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort notified us that effective immediately, they have implemented a USD $5 per person shuttle fee. Each guest is required to pay USD $5 each time they board the shuttle. This takes the place of the mandatory USD$12 per day, per unit fee.
I imagine this will take a lot of additional time each day and will also need to be revised. At least they are trying to mitigate some of the apparent complaints except they have now gone from $12 per day to $20 for a family of four per day (if they are actually using the service). It will be wiser for families to just drive and pay the Disney parking fee!

I can remember years ago at WDW when guests had to show a room ID to board the buses. People were always fumbling in their pockets or handbag for the key and it delayed boarding considerably. The WBC bus drivers will need to be making change now unless the resort allows guests to purchase a daily boarding pass in the office - still more of a delay though.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #45
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterDoc View Post
they have now gone from $12 per day to $20 for a family of four per day (if they are actually using the service).
Sounds more like $10 per person, per day (assuming a single, round trip journey between resort and theme park)?
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: