DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #16
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I can see charging a fee on an RCI exchange, DVC did not get any dues money on that reservation. But if I rent my points, I have paid the dues on those points, the renter should not get hit. It does not cost DVC any more money if I'm staying in the room vs my renter.
Actually no matter who stays in the room, the options provided have (or should have) already been paid for. It's basically a way for DVD to pay for a program that should and would be provided otherwise without exchanges. It does not save the members anything since the services would and should be covered by the 12% maint fees. While I am aware of many other timeshare that charge extra fees for things like resort fees, AC, mandatory vs optional AI, even parking and some of them charge members less or not at all compared to non members, I'm not aware off hand of any that simply charge exchangers for services routinely provided just because they can. It's not a big deal and when I exchange in, I know about the fee up front but I disagree with the fee in principle.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #17
delmar411
DIS Veteran

well there goes my plan of possibly exchanging into BC. We would never use their transportation so I'm certainly not going to pay for it.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #18
Dean
DIS Veteran

$12 a day doesn't make or break an options but it may shift the balance, esp if they upgrade their transportation accordingly.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #19
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
All that about Wyndham, and throw in the annoying attempts to get you to an update every time you check in...DVC is much more relaxing for booking and checking in. Bluegreen wears me out too!
Depends greatly on the resort and your tactics. At our home resort (Great Smokys), they don't hassle you. You just check in, easy and painless. Later they call you to "see if it's okay if we bring by your welcome gifts." We say no, and that's the end of it.

At Bonnet Creek, they are much more persistent. We don't even go to the "parking pass" desk, and we unplug our phone as soon as we walk into the apartment.

Wyndham is a very nice system, with a few minor annoying fees, and a really sleezy sales organization. The sales group is an embarrassment to a good company.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #20
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
I can see charging a fee on an RCI exchange, DVC did not get any dues money on that reservation.
Sure they did. The owner who exchanged *out* paid the dues on the points they used to do so.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #21
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
Sure they did. The owner who exchanged *out* paid the dues on the points they used to do so.
I understand and agree but the $95 goes to DVD not to DVCMC. In essence they're getting paid twice for the same service. But the $95 fee doesn't go toward offsetting the dues which was the point I was trying to make.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #22
Niagara2

Disneyland Bound!
Loves warm weather and low crowds
<

We booked through Expedia and paid a per night price in full. I wonder if this fee will be added on in March as it was a travel site booking vs. an exchange. .
Niagara2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #23
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niagara2 View Post
We booked through Expedia and paid a per night price in full. I wonder if this fee will be added on in March as it was a travel site booking vs. an exchange. .
You should check with Expedia for clarification. That's who you rented from.

My gut instinct says that if you booked through Expedia, you are probably actually renting directly from Wyndham...rather than from a Wyndham owner. If that is the case, I think Wyndham would honor the price you paid without additional fees. But the only way to tell for sure is to check with Expedia.

You could call Wyndham Bonnet Creek directly -- but trust me, from the things I've seen, the staff there is clueless about how this charge will be applied to individual reservations. It's not their doing, and I don't think they have any idea how it will play out from one ressie to the next.

Expedia is a reputable company; I'd expect them to honor the price they quoted you.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #24
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I understand and agree but the $95 goes to DVD not to DVCMC. In essence they're getting paid twice for the same service. But the $95 fee doesn't go toward offsetting the dues which was the point I was trying to make.
Right, DVC is double-dipping. They are collecting from the owner's "dues" and they are also collecting for some of the same "benefits" from RCI exchanges.

As to whether RCI exchanges should be charged those additional fees, clearly the dues have already been paid by the owner who deposited the points into RCI.

If this were a legitimate reimbursement for some service (which it is NOT), that $95 fee should be credited to the account of the owner who deposited the points, has already paid for that service, and who made the exchange possible!

If DVC tries to claim some justification (transportation, DME, EMH, "Welcome Home" greeting, etc.) they're lying and defrauding both the exchangers and the owners who paid dues on their points.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #25
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
DVC is double-dipping. They are collecting from the owner's "dues" and they are also collecting for some of the same "benefits" from RCI exchanges.

As to whether RCI exchanges should be charged those additional fees, clearly the dues have already been paid by the owner who deposited the points into RCI.

If this were a legitimate reimbursement for some service (which it is NOT), that $95 fee should be credited to the account of the owner who deposited the points, has already paid for that service, and who made the exchange possible!

If DVC tries to claim some justification (transportation, DME, EMH, "Welcome Home" greeting, etc.) they're lying and defrauding both the exchangers and the owners who deposited their points.
Semantics I'm sure, the fees go to DVD and DVCMC but not to the membership budget.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #26
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Semantics I'm sure, the fees go to DVD and DVCMC but not to the membership budget.
I don't think it's semantics. I think we are saying the same thing.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #27
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think it's semantics. I think we are saying the same thing.
That's what I meant, LOL.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #28
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
You should check with Expedia for clarification. That's who you rented from.

My gut instinct says that if you booked through Expedia, you are probably actually renting directly from Wyndham...rather than from a Wyndham owner. If that is the case, I think Wyndham would honor the price you paid without additional fees. But the only way to tell for sure is to check with Expedia.

You could call Wyndham Bonnet Creek directly -- but trust me, from the things I've seen, the staff there is clueless about how this charge will be applied to individual reservations. It's not their doing, and I don't think they have any idea how it will play out from one ressie to the next.

Expedia is a reputable company; I'd expect them to honor the price they quoted you.
expedia/hotwire/priceline (name your own and direct bookings) will indicate in the fine print before you book whether there are any 'current' resort fees including parking charges, etc. I'm 'negotiating' with Expedia now as to accommodations i booked in Cancun wherein their site stated the unit had an OV balcony but the hotel's says the type of room i booked doesn't. Corresponded with hotel who indicates it's merely a request and the majority of all units have french windows that don't open. Expedia has lots of disclaimers of the CYA nature and a long list of complaints of this nature if you dig around on tripadvisor.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #29
scubadiver
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but bubbles

I looked at my conformation I have for a stay at Wyndham over Thanksgiving. The conformation outlines the $12 per day fee, but it does not say Bonnet Creek Owner, Access or Presidential owners are exempt. I am an Access member. I will be calling on this in the morning.

July 2015 N. Europe 12 nt-Magic;
Christmas 2014 AKL; June 2014 WL; June 2014 E. Carribean - Fantasy; May 2014 SSR (precruise);
Thanksgiving 2013 SSR; June 2013 Mediterranean (Turkey/Greece) - Magic; Spring Break 2013 March/April BLT/AKL Concierge
Thanksgiving 2012 Carribean Cruise - Magic; July 2012 AKL; April 2012 Hawaii - Wonder; April 2012 Disneyland (precruise)
Thanksgiving 2011 SSR; July 2011 OKW; June 2011 Alaskan Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 Panama Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 OKW
Thanksgiving 2010 Treehouse Villas; June 2010 4-Day Bahamas Cruise-Wonder; June 2010 BWV
Christmas 2009 SSR; June 2009 OKW
Thanksgiving 2008 SSR; July 2008 OKW
Thanksgiving 2007 AS Mo; Feb 2006 Disneyland; Feb 2005 CBR; March 2001 AS Mo; March 1999 AS Sports; March 1998 AS Sport; March 1996 Off Site;
July 1990 Off Site 1st time w/wife 2B
scubadiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #30
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadiver View Post
I looked at my conformation I have for a stay at Wyndham over Thanksgiving. The conformation outlines the $12 per day fee, but it does not say Bonnet Creek Owner, Access or Presidential owners are exempt. I am an Access member. I will be calling on this in the morning.
My guess is you'll owe the fee but they may waive it for owners who would not pay the fee otherwise. If you think about it, would you ask about Wyndham Plus owners as well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: