Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
smartestblonde
Earning My Ears

Flying Fish Dress ?

Do people wear dark dressier jeans to flying fish or should men really wear dress pants?
smartestblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

My DH actually wore shorts. I would think jeans with a polo or button shirt would be fine.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

The fact is that you can wear whatever you like. The only place on property that actually enforces a dress code is V&A.
So, I'd be happy to see you there in darker, dressier jeans, since there will be some people in cut offs with t-shirts stained with the chocolate from their midday mickey bar.
I wish people would dress just a little neater when going to a nice place - it does have an impact on the atmosphere.

The Whole Gang August 2014 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
JZCubed
DIS Veteran

Other than the dress code at Victoria & Albert, what you've read about Disney dress code policies are more guidelines than rules.

By your very question, you don't seem the type to wear ripped jeans or cutoff shorts, so just about anything else is fine.

Personally, if I have a chance, I like to shower for dinner after being in the Parks and I like to wear a collared shirt. But the average patron may not have that luxury and will be graciously greeted in typical Disney wear of t-shirts and shorts.

I use this example of CA Grill (arguably fancier than FFish) - one child was sleeping on the floor with his pillow as we all awaited the fireworks to begin. An adult was wearing a hockey jersey (and it was not the Disney owned Mighty Ducks).

It's still Disney World....after all.

Akershus (3.0-stars* Food; 5* princess interaction). blueZoo (4.5* - Best (Sea) Food w/o jacket required), Boma (4.0* buffet breakfast*), Bongo's (3*), California Grill (3.5*food; 5*- Best View), Cape May Cafe (4* charcter breakfast w/ Goofy), Captain's Grille (2*), Chef Mickey's (2* food; 5* characters), Cinderella's Royal Table (2.5* food; 4* characters), Citrico's (3.5*), Coral Reef (3.5* food; 4.5* for the view), Crystal Palace (2*), 50's Prime Time Cafe (2.5*), Flying Fish (3.5*), Grand Floridian Cafe (3*), Hollywood Brown Derby (3*), House of Blues (3.5* - BBQ), Il Mulino (4*), Jiko (3.5*), Kouzinna (3.5* dinner; 4* breakfast), Le Cellier (3.5*), Les Chefs de France (3*), Marrakesh (3* - bit noisy; 4* belly dancers), Narcoossee's (3.5*), Rainforest Cafe (2*), Rose & Crown (2.5*), Sanaa (4.0*), Sci-Fi Theatre (2.5*), Shula's Steakhouse (4*), Sleepy Hollow (4* Qwik Serve chicken waffles & coffee drinks), Tamu Tamu (4* - Qwik Serve Hidden Gem) Victoria & Albert (5*- Best Service/Tasting Menu), Wave (3*), Yak & Yeti (1*)

On my 'to dine' list: Artist Point (Nov, 2014), Monsieur Paul (2015?), Ohana (2015?), Yachtman's Steakhouse (2015), & Spice Road (2015?).
JZCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
CoolDisneyCat
DVC member - BCV

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT View Post
The only place on property that actually enforces a dress code is V&A.
I've seen it enforced at Artists Point. They sent several men away for having on t shirts.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
purple figment
DIS Veteran

If you read the "dress code" for the resort sigs, they are more like "guidelines." If you avoid the not allowed items such as torn clothing, tank tops for men, etc. you'll be fine... and at times even those are ignored.

Here's what the dress code says:

Dress Code

Guests are asked to adhere to the dress code at this Signature Dining experience.

Men may wear khakis, slacks, jeans or dress shorts and collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.

Women may wear Capri pants, skirts, dresses, jeans or dress shorts.

Not permitted are tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:51 AM   #7
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

Can't understand Artist Point turning away men in t-shirts--when t-shirts are perfectly acceptable under current guidelines. Maybe "offensive" t-shirts??

Anyway--jeans of any hue or color are fine.
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:28 AM   #8
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

My husband and son wore dress shorts and collared shirts and I wore linen capris and a fancy blouse.
You don't need to pack dress pants, but dressing up a bit is nice

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: