DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #31
donkthemagicllama
My DW would really like to visit a mall...
I was just playing around

Lounge chairs were free as well.
The Kapolei Target (and Costco for that matter) is a pretty close drive (maybe 10 minutes), and has lots of beach stuff. If you don't have a car, the ABC store (actually Island Country Market... which seems to be a slightly nicer ABC with a Deli) has them too. You can easily walk there as it's literally across the street, but it'll be pricier than Target.
donkthemagicllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #32
gonzalj1
DIS Veteran

I just called, spoke with the first person who answered, gave my name, cell, email and dates and got an email confirmation a few minutes later.
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #33
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best

Just called and booked a cabana for Sept 2nd. I felt funny reserving something so far in the future, but we would really like cabana 1, so I hope it works out!

Me Dh Dd 6 Ds5 (he made me pick this avatar!)

My Disneyland Trip Report
zeferjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #34
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

So I called back and I think I got the same girl who answered the phone the other day (sounded the same anyway). I asked to speak to the concierge desk this time and she asked if there was something she could help me with so I said that I had been reading about a conflicting process for the cabana rentals and that I just wanted to double check that our name was on the list. She asked for my last name then asked me if I was LeeAnn (yes, I am LeeAnn not Annie in most of my real life). So she said yes, we were on the list....I said I'd read that some people had gotten an email confirmation about it and she said she could send me an email but that would not have a confirmation number on it. So I said, yes, just send me something in writing so that I have something so she sent me a quick email with the dates.

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #35
WDWmom08
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure why I'm having so much trouble with this. I decided to call back today and a woman answers this time. I tell her I am calling to see about booking a pool cabana. First thing out of her mouth is...can I have your reservation number? Well I don't have it on me so I say...will my dvc number help? Oh she says your a member staying on points...then you need to call member services. Can someone please give me the number they are calling so I can stop feeling like an idiot? Thanks in advance.
WDWmom08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #36
Anal Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWmom08 View Post
I'm not sure why I'm having so much trouble with this. I decided to call back today and a woman answers this time. I tell her I am calling to see about booking a pool cabana. First thing out of her mouth is...can I have your reservation number? Well I don't have it on me so I say...will my dvc number help? Oh she says your a member staying on points...then you need to call member services. Can someone please give me the number they are calling so I can stop feeling like an idiot? Thanks in advance.
That is so messed up! I am just calling the (808) 674-6200 main number for the property that was on our resort confirmation. I think both times that I called I called in early-mid afternoon eastern time....maybe it's the time difference and you're getting a different shift? The email that I finally got says it was sent at 5:18 pm. Maybe try calling earlier?

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

Old 02-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #37
blondietink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkthemagicllama View Post
Lounge chairs were free as well.
The Kapolei Target (and Costco for that matter) is a pretty close drive (maybe 10 minutes), and has lots of beach stuff. If you don't have a car, the ABC store (actually Island Country Market... which seems to be a slightly nicer ABC with a Deli) has them too. You can easily walk there as it's literally across the street, but it'll be pricier than Target.
Is that a Super Target or just a regular Target? Just wondering if we can get groceries there or if we should stop at the 24 hour Wal-Mart in Honolulu after leaving Waikiki before going to Aulani.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #38
donkthemagicllama
My DW would really like to visit a mall...
I was just playing around

The Target in Kapolei has groceries. I think there's another Walmart that's much closer than going all the way to honolulu as well (though not as close as the target).
donkthemagicllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #39
aclov
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
That is so messed up! I am just calling the (808) 674-6200 main number for the property that was on our resort confirmation. I think both times that I called I called in early-mid afternoon eastern time....maybe it's the time difference and you're getting a different shift? The email that I finally got says it was sent at 5:18 pm. Maybe try calling earlier?
It's ridiculous they should have one number to call, I looked everywhere and could not find a number, I called MS they said I could book online at www.aulani.com. No where could I find on that site where to book, so I called the number on the website a 866 number, they directed me to the hotel. The person that answered at the hotel said the spa booked these(?) Called the spa, they said recreation desk booked the cabanas so finally called 1-808-674-6300 and the girl that answered was able to reserve it. I did not receive an email so may call back to get that. How many calls does it take to book a cabana?!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #40
gonzalj1
DIS Veteran

I called the 808 number and got it first try.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #41
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran

When I called the number online listed for the character breakfast they helped me book my cabana no problem. I called around 11am pacific time.

DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
mom2aidanNpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #42
WDWmom08
Mouseketeer

Whew! Y'all were right. I called the 808 number got the reservation for the day I wanted. I've already received the email confirmation and no reservation number needed. Thank you!
WDWmom08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #43
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkthemagicllama View Post
The Target in Kapolei has groceries.
That is where we got everything we needed on our trip last June. They were actually expending the grocery selection when we were there. There is an ABC store directly across the street from the resort that carries a fair amount of food items if you are in need of anything after shopping.

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #44
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWmom08 View Post
I called DVC Member Services and reserved a cabana for two days for our April trip. Took just 10 minutes and I was told that the charge would be taken when we were at the resort. Easy Peasy.

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Iggipolka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #45
Anal Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggipolka View Post
I called DVC Member Services and reserved a cabana for two days for our April trip. Took just 10 minutes and I was told that the charge would be taken when we were at the resort. Easy Peasy.
You reserved it through DVC MS and not the resort?! I think that's a first...everybody else has been calling the resort. Hummmm. I'm still going to wait to see how the construction issues are before we decide whether or not to keep ours. Hopefully by August they will be minimal. But if it's still in full swing I don't think we'll want to pay $250 to listen to jackhammers & pounding all day right behind me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: