Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 05:46 AM   #1
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

pre/post cruise plans?

What does everyone have planned?

Our plans are not all that amazing, but I'm sure will still be fun. We fly into Orlando the day before our cruise and will spend that day and night at the Beach club resort. Then we're taking the disney cruiseline bus to the port. we'll take that bus back after our cruise too, but straight to the airport.

2015June6 days akv- club levelMarch- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #2
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

We are flying into Orlando. We will rent a car at the airport (never done this before, so if anyone has any tips on car rentals...) and drive to Vero Beach. We will stay there for two days. Then, we'll return the car at Port Canaveral (no clue here either...would love tips). We will take the Disney bus to the airport after the cruise.

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
Tara619
Mouseketeer

We're flying into Orlando Friday morning. We are renting a car and driving to the Port. I think we'll just hang out at the hotel pool, beach, and go to the dinosaur museum. DS has no idea. We're going to wake him up Friday AM and tell him we're going to FL. Then ooh and ahh over the ships and swim and pretend its an Orlando vacation. Then surprise him with the cruise Saturday morning.

June 27-July 4, 2015 Disney Fantasy
June 22-29, 2013 Disney Fantasy
June 9-15, 2009 All Star Movies
April 10-17, 2004 Disney Magic
May 30-June 2, 2002 Disney Wonder
Tara619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
JnDRader
Mouseketeer

We're driving down to Miami from Atlanta the day before the cruise. We'll actually stay in ft. Lauderdale. The day we get back I'm hoping to score some free tickets to the Kennedy Space Center from one of my rep's. So we'll disembark, drive to the space center, then drive over to Orlando to hit Downtown Disney and stay the night. Drive home the next day.

This was a spur of the moment trip so we're not wrapping much else into it.

JnDRader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
River Country
DIS Jedi

1st Flight out of Newark on Sunday to MCO
Sunday thru Thursday at VWL in WDW
Rent car at the Dolphin Resort on Monday because Monday thru Sunday is cheaper than Sunday thru Sunday
Thursday DD(6) goes to BBB at 9:15 AM and at 11:30 AM drive to Canaveral
Embark the Dream Thursday thru Sunday
Sunday Drive back to Disney for Lunch mayber early Dinner
Drive to MCO for late night flight back to NJ
Old 01-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
We are flying into Orlando. We will rent a car at the airport (never done this before, so if anyone has any tips on car rentals...) and drive to Vero Beach. We will stay there for two days. Then, we'll return the car at Port Canaveral (no clue here either...would love tips). We will take the Disney bus to the airport after the cruise.
One way rentals are easy. Just get to that section of the web site. Look for discount codes at rentalcodes.com and mousesavers.com. For your return location, it is NOT PORT Canaveral (there are no car places at the port. It will be CAPE Canaveral or Cocoa Beach depending on the company. For Budget, the location is CC5.

Join the loyalty program of whichever company you use--it is free and will save you a bunch of time at MCO even if you only use it on this trip.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
Tinked
DIS Veteran

We are flying to Orlando, meeting up with friends and staying at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge for the night pre-cruise. Taking a limo to the port since there will then be 11 of us. Probably using Happy Limo since I've dealt with them before and had no problems. Trying to decide between a 10 passenger and a 14 passenger since number 11 is my infant grandson. Not sure how I feel about being crowded in like that and no car seat for him. My family is coming back to WDW and staying post-cruise at BLT so will probably use Disney transportation back. I just like to get to the port early. I'm looking forward to being platinum at Port Canaveral for the first time.
Cruises: Wonder '05, 2/07/09 Western Caribbean on Magic, Wonder Bounce Back 9/24/09, Magic Eastern Caribbean 1/30/10, EBTA Bound for Barcelona 4/10/2010, 9/12/2010 Member Cruise, Aug. 23, 2011 Alaska, 6/10/12 Cruise to Canada, 6/15/12 Cruise to Nowhere
Future Cruises: 9/02/12 Cruise to Canada, 5/06/2013 WBPC, 8/25/13 Gayle's b-day cruise Dream
Tinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #8
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

This trip we are doing this:

Early morning flight from Newark to West Palm Beach and pick up car rental at airport

Visit family for 2 nights in Delray Beach

Drive to WDW for 2 nights

Drive to port, return car in Cape Canaveral (Astronaut Blvd), take rental car shuttle to port and board Dream for 4 night cruise

Use DCL Onboard Airline Check In Program so DCL will handle our luggage from the hallway in front of our cabin to our home airport. Deliver our boarding passes to our cabin and check us in for our flight. Take DCL transfers back to MCO for our 11:30 am flight back to Newark

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #9
lucyem
DIS Veteran

On our short Dream cruise we drove to FL, spent 4 days at the BCV and then went on the cruise.

For our upcoming 7 day cruise we will drive to fL, spend 1 night at AKL as a surprise b-day present for DH who loves it there, drive to the port the next morning, after the cruise we might check out Kennedy Space Center, then we start the long drive home.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #10
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
Although I've been with family when they rented a car, I have never personally done it in Orlando. Vero Beach is great though! we love it there It was our son's first vacation at 2 months old

2015June6 days akv- club levelMarch- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #11
policycobb
DIS Veteran

We are driving from Kentucky Saturday morning. Staying at a Downtown Disney Hotel Saturday night. Driving to Port Canaveral that Sunday. Cruising on the Dream Sunday - Thursday and driving back to Disney World and staying two nights at Port Orleans -FQ. We are hitting MNSHHP one day and the F&W Festival the other day. Driving back to Kentucky that Saturday.

policycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #12
Kewz1
DIS Veteran

Pre-criuse we are flying into Houston the night before. Taking DCL transport to the ship in the morning.

Post-cruise we are docking in Barcelona and then flying to France for several days in Paris/DLP.

Is it May yet?
Disney 5K:2003
DCL:2000, 2008, 2011, 2013, 2014
Kewz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #13
Fadog
Mouseketeer

Flying in the day before and staying in Port Canaveral.

We have a late flight out the day we return, so we scored free tickets to Kennedy Space Center from our Sen. So we will tour there prior to flying home.

Magic 1998
Magic 2001
Magic 2003
Magic 2004
HA Oosterdam 2008
Fantasy 2013 (we will be Golden!)
Fadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #14
Strawberry's mom&dad
DIS Veteran

Flying overnight with a early arrival time Thursday.
2 nights at Boardwalk, seven night cruise on Fantasy, followed by 7 more nights at the Boardwalk. Then late evening flight home.

Strawberry's mom&dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #15
Mandersons04
Mouseketeer

Flying in the day before our cruise and heading to Downtown Disney. We're staying at the Hyatt MCO and then taking DCL transfers to the port. After a wonderful 7 days on the Fantasy, we're taking DCL transportation back to the airport to head home.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

December 2010 - MVMCP
October 2011 - Disney Dream Bahamian and MNSSHP
September 2012 - Disney Magic Canada
March 2013 - Disney Fantasy Western
December 2014 - Disney Wonder Western and MVMCP
Mandersons04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: