Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Talking I am starting to fall in love all over again!

And this time, it's with the Fantasy!!!!

I didn't think that I could even LIKE a ship other than the Magic, but since we wanted to do a Caribbean cruise next summer, we chose the western Caribbean on the Fantasy. To say that I was a little disappointed that the Magic wouldn't be here is an understatement.

However, ever since booking the Fantasy last month, for May 2014, I've been checking out trip reports, reviews, and pictures. And I just watched about a a half hour's worth of videos on YouTube. The DIS has a wonderful series of videos taken aboard the Fantasy.

I'm seeing just enough familiarity from the Magic, combined with amazing changes on the Fantasy, that I am SOOOO excited about the cruise now!!

The Fantasy looks a bit more.... opulent... than the Magic. Anyway... I thought that no other ship would ever compare to my ocean "home" the Magic, but I think I was wrong.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

We were blown away by the Fantasy. It's the Ritz at sea. She is a beauty.
You will love her.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #3
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

I've been on all four ships and I love each for their own uniqueness. The classis ships are just that - classic. I enjoyed the Dream but I have to say that I enjoyed the Fantasy much better. Obviously the 7-day versus 4-day has something to do with that but there are subtle changes that I enjoyed more on the Fantasy. I actually loved the adult area more (except that I like Pink more than Oh La La). The Fantasy is beautiful and you can't help but love her - but she is much bigger!! So give yourself a little extra time to get from one end to the other!!
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #4
robhawk
DIS Veteran

We could not of had a better time on the Fantasy! So beautiful! Service was incredible!
Cabanas, Satalite Falls, Rainforest Room, and Europa are just some of the things that make it different from the Magic!
You'll love it!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #5
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
And this time, it's with the Fantasy!!!!

I didn't think that I could even LIKE a ship other than the Magic, but since we wanted to do a Caribbean cruise next summer, we chose the western Caribbean on the Fantasy. To say that I was a little disappointed that the Magic wouldn't be here is an understatement.

However, ever since booking the Fantasy last month, for May 2014, I've been checking out trip reports, reviews, and pictures. And I just watched about a a half hour's worth of videos on YouTube. The DIS has a wonderful series of videos taken aboard the Fantasy.

I'm seeing just enough familiarity from the Magic, combined with amazing changes on the Fantasy, that I am SOOOO excited about the cruise now!!

The Fantasy looks a bit more.... opulent... than the Magic. Anyway... I thought that no other ship would ever compare to my ocean "home" the Magic, but I think I was wrong.
Like a previous poster stated. Just the size of the ship is so crazy. I recommend that you book a room mid ship. Easy access to everything. I am a Magic and Wonder guy also. Of our 12 DCL cruises, 8 have been on the older ships. My preferred deck is deck 7 and I stay in room2 7570-7580 on almost every cruise just because of the location.

The video's don't do the ship justice. I am on the Fantasy next month, I will try to do a TR when I return.

2014 - 3 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-6, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 8, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(22) 7 Night Southern Caribbean - Magic 2014
(23) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #6
bbn1122
DIS Veteran

We were on the Dream for only 3 nights right after Hurricane IRENE.
We love it but felt there were things that could be better...like more water areas.
Also, the 3 day was too quick and CC was cancelled so it was not the best experience.
Then, I see the changes they made with the Fantasy and I too have been hooked on the trip reports etc. I am dying to go on a 7 night on the Fantasy.....
I envy you.....

I would love to do concierge next time. That looks so opulent.

Dreaming of the Fantasy....
AKL - Aug 2011,
HHI - August 2012
OKW - August 2014
Vero Beach - August 2014
Magic - West Carib April 2010, 2 night NYC June 2012
Dream - 3 night - August 2011 3 Night Dream - August 2014
bbn1122 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: