Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #91
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
I like the rare characters / long lost friends concept a lot. They should recycle that a few more times.... ).
I AGREE!!!
SOOOOO Disappointed I can't round up a few of the "Faux Autograph cards" that were passed out by the CMs...Autistic son is really bummed not to have a chance to get those!
Hopefully they'll be around when we go this year.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #92
cindyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did they really spend that much on year of a million dreams? Doesn't strike me as an expensive promo. For all the great feedback that gets on DIS, we had two trips during that period and received NOTHING. Didn't care, mind you -- we don't go for whatever their annual promotion is
Same here.....
We didn't think it was that great a promotion... we got nothing!
It didn't matter ..... but for once it would be nice if everyone got something! No matter how small.
(maybe not every person... but at least every family that stayed at a Disney resort or something like that)
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #93
brookmey
I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blue

Soup.

Was this a special soup that would give magical powers to its tasters or allow them to fly?

I just can't get over soup as a promotion. I can just imagine my cousin in Kissimmee telling her family "I don't feel like cooking tonight. Let's go to Cosmic Ray's for dinner. They have soup! And only for a few days!"

I agree with others, people shouldn't expect any "extras" when they go to WDW, but having special soups to celebrate the Super Bowl is just really, really lame.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #94
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookmey View Post
Soup.

Was this a special soup that would give magical powers to its tasters or allow them to fly?

I just can't get over soup as a promotion. I can just imagine my cousin in Kissimmee telling her family "I don't feel like cooking tonight. Let's go to Cosmic Ray's for dinner. They have soup! And only for a few days!"

I agree with others, people shouldn't expect any "extras" when they go to WDW, but having special soups to celebrate the Super Bowl is just really, really lame.
Lame! Best word to describe it, absolutely lame. They should rename it to Extremely limited and very LAME time magic... What's next? For the following week we will supplying all park bathrooms with double ply princess toilet paper and to top it off we will make the toilet water blue, as in Cinderella Blue...

May09 CSR /AKV/BWV Sep09 VWL Jan10 POP/AKV APR10 POP Jun10 AKL/BWV Sep10 BCV Jan11 POP/BWV May11 BCV/BWV Jun/Jul11 SWAN/SSR Sep11 AKV/BWV/BCV Jan12 POP/BCV Feb 12 SSR May12 POP/AKV/BCV Sep12 2012 AKV/BCV/Disney Dream Dec12 Reunion Resort/WL May/Jun13 AKV/BCV/Reunion Resort/BLT Oct13 AKL Dec/Jan14 BCV/AOA/AKV Jan BCV

Currently planning many other trips, but, Mommy is running low on DVC points
E-P-C-O-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #95
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

I have to laugh at the number of people who seem to think they would be able to come up with something better, within budget, and implement it.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #96
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
I have to laugh at the number of people who seem to think they would be able to come up with something better, within budget, and implement it.

Its true - I'm sure its easier said than done. Still, they have had better ones . I think it would have been better to have one theme per month. The whole month of Feb. could have been "romance." They could have done lost friends for a whole month. And almost any one of us here on the Dis Boards could have come up with a better name . This promotion seems like an after thought which is unfathomable.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #97
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
Its true - I'm sure its easier said than done. Still, they have had better ones . I think it would have been better to have one theme per month. The whole month of Feb. could have been "romance." They could have done lost friends for a whole month. And almost any one of us here on the Dis Boards could have come up with a better name . This promotion seems like an after thought which is unfathomable.
They have had better ones. I will admit to that. However, we don't know what decisions were made about this one. We don't know a budget. We don't know what they might have planned next year. We don't know any of the reasoning behind this.

What I am trying to say is that we are looking at this in a vacuum. As such, we can not make an educated and informed opinion about it. Yet so many here seem to think they could do better without knowing anything about the reasons behind the promotion.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #98
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Quote:
They have had better ones. I will admit to that. However, we don't know what decisions were made about this one. We don't know a budget. We don't know what they might have planned next year. We don't know any of the reasoning behind this.

What I am trying to say is that we are looking at this in a vacuum. As such, we can not make an educated and informed opinion about it. Yet so many here seem to think they could do better without knowing anything about the reasons behind the promotion.

Its what we do best . But you're right - I'm sure there's a lot of stuff we don't know.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #99
MickeyMinnieMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #100
texasteacher35
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what the limited magic will be for June or July?? Any heads up??

DL GCV 4/2013...WLV 6/2013...SSR 7/2013
JANUARY 2012- BCV, DECEMBER 2012- SSR, AUGUST 2012- BWV, JUNE 2012-Our 1st Star Wars Weekend- BLT, 3/2012- BLT, 1/2012- BCV, 11/2011- WBC, MAY 2011/ CBR Pirate Room, 11/2010- CR Tower, 7/2010- YACHT CLUB, 11/2009- CBR Pirate Room, 10/2001- GF
texasteacher35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #101
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasteacher35 View Post
Does anyone know what the limited magic will be for June or July?? Any heads up??

They'll probably be selling "special, limited-edition" 5oz Diney Parks suncreen tubes for $44.00 a pop.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #102
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:

But if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck... Yeah, a lame one. It doesn't matter how big the duck's budget is, or what the duck might have up his feathers for next year, or the next millenium, or whatever. This is DISNEY. That in all their proven greatness, the best they could come up with is freakin' SOUP, is some exponent of lame/mind-boggling/unspeakably ridiculous.

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #103
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
They'll probably be selling "special, limited-edition" 5oz Diney Parks suncreen tubes for $44.00 a pop.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #104
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gina View Post
but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck... Yeah, a lame one. It doesn't matter how big the duck's budget is, or what the duck might have up his feathers for next year, or the next millenium, or whatever. This is disney. That in all their proven greatness, the best they could come up with is freakin' soup, is some exponent of lame/mind-boggling/unspeakably ridiculous.
no soup for you!

.....OK, that's odd. I did that in all caps. That loses somethng in all lowercase! Is there a "no caps" rule I don't know about?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #105
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasteacher35 View Post
I read in an early announcement that there would be a week celebrating Independence Day, along with the ones we already know about on Valentines Week and the Villains thing on September 13. Other than those three, there have been no announcements for any other week of the year more than a few days in advance.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: