Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #46
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

Are there at least any pics of the February selections for Year if the Ears couture hats?

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #47
meowmarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here4mydisneyfix
...well it'd be *slightly* more magical if it was FREE soup...but no, we have to pay (big bucks I'm sure based on the mention of lobster bisque!) for our "magical" soup.....watch out folks, the soup is probably "limited" (in quantity) too.
I'm curious if the soup is the same dates as the parades or only Sunday? The wording is ambiguous...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

11/14 OKW ~ 2/13 POP ~ 2/12 DLR ~ 12/09 POP ~ 8/08 FWC ~ 6 pre-2000 trips (I've lost track!)
meowmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #48
deanimal
DIS Veteran

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not "upset" about getting soup for my limited time magic week. (I'm actually just shaking my head and trying not to laugh every time I think about it,) I'm not feeling "entitled" or thinking Disney owes me something special. I'm just a little stunned that this is the best that a huge corporation that's built on entertaining people can come up with! It really is kind of pathetic. Didn't they have some big event back in fall to announce Limited Time Magic? I feel like they did sort of promise something at least a little bit special when they had a media event with a big ice castle and all. Think about it: would you rather have someone tell you they're giving you a gift, then give you a piece of junk that they obviously had lying around anyway and put no thought into, or just have no promises and no gift? If you're not going to put any effort into something, why make the promise?

So to sum up: Am I disappointed? No, didn't really plan my trip around it or anything.

Do I think it's unbelievably lame? Oh heck, yes!
deanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #49
Baby Pluto
Under the Sea

My boyfriend and I are here at WDW until Feb.10. I'm not sure if this was part of the LM or not but in the MK they were bringing out "Long Lost Friends" characters for meet and greets. Thought that was kind of fun since I got to see Robin Hood and the crew, a childhood favourite.

Now, can someone please please tell me where I can keep up with the Limited Magic events?! I would really like to know what's going on.
Baby Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #50
lilmrsellis
Wishing upon a star...

I think LM is Disney's way of market testing. Bring out/back a character, an experience see how people like it. Essentially, they're throwing everything to the wall to see what sticks.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:10 AM   #51
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieB View Post
Don't know much about this promotion (been gone for a few months), but I doubt anything could be worse than the "free on your birthday" promotion from a couple years back.
What was wrong with that? I'd rather get in free on my birthday than have the opportunity to buy over priced soup.

There ARE commercials on TV about it. I have seen them quite a few times. I don't watch the Disney Channel at all, so they are on different channels. Next time I see one, I'll take note of what we're watching.

The whole promotion is just lame. I would have just ignored it had the subject not come up here. Never occurred to me to be disappointed or anything.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:18 AM   #52
PetePanMan
Mouseketeer

Maybe they should call it "Limited Magic Time"
PetePanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:29 AM   #53
tiki23
Able to leap a double stroller in a single *splat*
A hot glue gun was my best friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig View Post
"I bet when you buy a hat like that you get a free bowl of soup..."
"Looks good on you, though."
1st Trip! 11/06 POP~ Christmas Time W/Mom 12/07 POP~ Just Me DL 3/08~ Mom-Son 8/08 POP~Fam & Friends 10/08 DLR~Reunion 9/09 ASMU~Sisters! 9/10 POFQ~ 3/11 w/DD's choir ASMu~ 5/12 EE Challenge w/Sis POP ~w/DH 9/12 AoA~ ToT Run/Reunion 10/13 POP! ~ ASP w/Sis Princess Wknd 2/14 DLand Half Marathon 8/14 11/14 Avenger Half Marathon
tiki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:39 AM   #54
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig View Post
"I bet when you buy a hat like that you get a free bowl of soup..."
I'm thinking a hat FILLED with free soup.

Last edited by Robo; 02-02-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #55
katieandemismom
DIS Veteran

We got limited time snow in Canada. It made me laugh bc we left Ohio to get away from snow in January. That would have been much more fun in July!

Loving my DVC - OKW and BWV!!!!!!!
katieandemismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #56
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

So let's see.....

Disney wants to implement FP+ and limit my headline ride access, but be very happy for the new folks who will be given those slots.

And if my long-planned trip happens to hit right AFTER one of the good LTM promotions, I guess Disney expects me to just be happy the folks there the week before got to see something cool.

They are execting too much of me.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #57
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I think the real problem with this promotion is that the average DISer could come up with 52 better ideas than Disney has been offering. Its the lack of perceived effort that is disappointing, if you are going to do something, you should do it well.
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #58
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I think the real problem with this promotion is that the average DISer could come up with 52 better ideas than Disney has been offering. Its the lack of perceived effort that is disappointing, if you are going to do something, you should do it well.
Yep, this! Well said!

I'm most disappointed in the "limited" magic that involves offering things I must buy - I do that every trip - but it's amusing to me that someone at WDW thought that could/should be marketed as a "magical" promotion.

bjakmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #59
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater
This.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 02-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #60
dismom301930
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I doubt anything could be worse than the "free on your birthday" promotion from a couple years back
I loved that promotion, but that is because I actually went on my birthday! We had multi-day tickets, so I got a gift card for the price of one day (I think it was $70 at the time.) I bought myself some Laila perfume from Norway with it but we could have used it on anything. That promotion was great for us!
dismom301930 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: