Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #31
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDSAXX View Post
Until they officially roll out FP+.
tick tick tick

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #32
MickeyMinnieMom
DIS Veteran

Smilies alone can take care of this one for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigar95 View Post
I never saw this as a major promotion in the first place... So I guess the answer is no - I'm not disappointed, because I never saw it as a big deal to start with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Me either. It is not as if they have been running ads on tv saying Limited Time Magic, Watch What We Come Up With!!! People are victims of their own huge expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
tick tick tick

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #33
cinderella'smommy
Mouseketeer

Well, I didn't like it because on our most recent trip, we arrived on a Thursday, and left on a Tuesday. So, for the first 'week' we were there, the LTM event was at Epcot; but we weren't planning to be at Epcot until the next Monday (event over!); and the next week, the LTM event was at MK, but, we had already visited MK the Friday before.

I didn't really care about the particular events, but I would imagine that there are a number of people who miss out on the LTM because of the limitations on location (one park) and time (one week). I think a month would have been better; even a month of different LTMs for each park, so you could really partake of it.

Anyway, not like it really bothered me one way or the other, but just thought the execution was not the best.

April 2012 at the Dolphin
January 2013 at the Swan

FIVE trips in four years!

cinderella'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #34
Polydweller
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In the running for

WORST

DISNEY

PROMOTION

EVER.
Yeah, if you think in terms of the committed Disney fans on this kind of board and live far away. For us it's a disappointment.

But for the potential audience whose never been there and locals this is freaking brilliant marketing. Basically Disney gets to make a new announcement every week making the parks sound like they are constantly changing and there is always something be, exciting and fresh to be discovered. Freaking brilliant.

It doesn't work well on those of us who have been fans but think of the effect they are trying to have someone whose never been there or someone who lives close. They hope locals will come for an extra visit and new people will come because they could get something special when they are there. Yep, clever marketing to specific target audiences.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #35
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Me either. It is not as if they have been running ads on tv saying Limited Time Magic, Watch What We Come Up With!!! People are victims of their own huge expectations.

For me, being at WDW is enough. I don't need them to add anything else extra to make my trip special.
But they are running TV adds featuring the Limited Time Magic. Setting up expectations that are bound to go unfulfilled.

Meh. After last years disappointment I didn't have my hopes up anyway, so I can't say I'm either surprised or disappointed. But why didn't they just call it Limited Magic and be done with it. Limited, as in not much of it. I'd rather see no promotion at all than this pitiful effort. Soup. Really??
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #36
MickeyMinnieMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
But they are running TV adds featuring the Limited Time Magic. Setting up expectations that are bound to go unfulfilled.
I must not watch enough TV. I've only heard about LTM on Twitter and here. The only Disney ads I see have nothing to do with LTM.

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #37
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
So, I guess it's...

bahahahaha
thornton0511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #38
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

What if, for a limited time, there were no tour groups? Now that would be something
thornton0511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #39
Shannon12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMom View Post
I must not watch enough TV. I've only heard about LTM on Twitter and here. The only Disney ads I see have nothing to do with LTM.
I haven't seen many either. And we have some sort of Disney programming on ALL THE TIME.

I also don't get what people are so upset about. I keep seeing posts whining that "my week" wont have anything. Why the sense of entitlement? DIsney doesn't HAVE to do anything. If your there and can take advantage of it, great, if not, I just dont see the big deal. I will also be there from Feb 24-Mar 1. and I am not concerned in the slightest about what "my" magic will be. For people who proclaim to love Disney so much, all I read on nearly every Disney forum is the miserable things.

*exhales....rant over....sorry!

Shannon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #40
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

The use of the term "Limited" in the promotion is very weird to me. It implies that it is less than what it could have been.

Why didn't they call it something like the "The Year of Magic" or something like that.

Dan
POP, September 2011, 9 days Very Fun, Hot!
POP, September 2010, 8 days Magical!!!
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #41
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigar95 View Post
I never saw this as a major promotion in the first place. I didn't think of it as 2013's version of "YoaMD" or "100 Years of Magic". I just thought of it as a small extra add-on that was better than nothing.

I just came home last night, and this week there wasn't *any* special event. No harm done. We got the last couple days of "long lost friends", but I don't think I ever saw them. (Had Esmeralda been among them, I might have made more of an effort.)

So I guess the answer is no - I'm not disappointed, because I never saw it as a big deal to start with.
I also agree.

Here is the thing. Disney flat out doesn't have to do any of these things. However, guests have come to "expect" something awesome. It is the guests who set their expectations. No one else.

I think Disney shot themselves in the foot with things like "Year of a Million Dreams" (x2). Set the bar too high for themselves. So now that they are doing smaller events and promotions, guests are upset. Guests need to readjust their expectations some now.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #42
MacClemsons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydweller View Post
Yeah, if you think in terms of the committed Disney fans on this kind of board and live far away. For us it's a disappointment.

But for the potential audience whose never been there and locals this is freaking brilliant marketing. Basically Disney gets to make a new announcement every week making the parks sound like they are constantly changing and there is always something be, exciting and fresh to be discovered. Freaking brilliant.

It doesn't work well on those of us who have been fans but think of the effect they are trying to have someone whose never been there or someone who lives close. They hope locals will come for an extra visit and new people will come because they could get something special when they are there. Yep, clever marketing to specific target audiences.
Not necessarily a local, but an AP holder within driving distance. Yes, I did take an extra trip for Long Lost Friends week. But soup? Think I'll just go to Panera's instead, where I don't have to ride a tram in from my parking spot.

Upcoming AoA May 14 SWW
Jan 14 Coronado 1/2 Marathon
Dec 13 ASMu, Oct 13 CBR ToT 10 miler, Sept 13 MNSSHP AoA Nemo Suite, May 13 Cabins, Apr 13 ASSports, Feb 13 POP, Jan 13 SOG
Sep 12 MNSSHP ASMovies, June 12 - SWW off property, Mar 12 SOG
Dec 11 POR, Sep 11 ASMovies
Dec 09 MVMCP ASMovies, Sep 08 SOG, July 03 Hilton DTD
MacClemsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #43
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In the running for

WORST

DISNEY

PROMOTION

EVER.
Don't know much about this promotion (been gone for a few months), but I doubt anything could be worse than the "free on your birthday" promotion from a couple years back.
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #44
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albytaps View Post
I don't get it. What is the big deal about these things anyway? What do they do... a different show each year or something like that? I remember a time where they turned the castle into a giant cake, is this something similar?

I just go for the rides man....
Shhhh, please, we do not discuss "The Cake".
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #45
jhaig
I'd bet you'd be hungry if we were having Tony-loaf

"I bet when you buy a hat like that you get a free bowl of soup..."

It's not like you can even plan a trip to be there to catch a specific promotion. So if we plan on going in, say the last week of July, you're only going to get what they give you.

With my luck, it'll be Limited Time Tongue Bath from Stitch...

2007 VWL 2009 VWL 2010 POR Riverside 2011 POR Riverside 2012 CR Concierge 2014 GF
jhaig is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: