Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #16
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

I certainly don't go for the special weeks but if Disney says they're doing 52 weeks of special things, I expect that they'll do it. That's why everyone is so upset. It's not really because we care so much about the weeks themselves but the fact that Disney really has dropped the ball.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #17
MickeyMinnieMom
DIS Veteran

What's more common on DIS:

1) Limited Time Magic is the worst promotion ever

2) Disney stinks for not releasing planned LTM promotions sooner so that I can plan my trip around them

Probably 1)?

One thing that both camps might be able to agree with, posted on Twitter by @WDWNT today:

Quote:
#limitedtimemagic The entire Disney online community whining. Unfortunately, this isn't for a limited time...

Gotta' love online "discussions"...

MickeyMinnieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #18
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Or they could just do nothing. Why does every year need a promotion? I think Disney shot themselves in the foot on this by creating an expectation.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo View Post
The "Limited" made it feel like you were somehow getting less magic if you weren't there during one of the promos. Lame.
Absolutely.

Heck, we ARE going during the love week thing, and it's bumming me out. Why? Because we have a meal at Brown Derby on the 14th, then a late tea, and we kinda thought "hey, that will be fun, I wonder if they'll do anything sweet considering it's the 14th". Well now since BD will have fixed price dinners that night, will they even SAY anything, at lunchtime? Doubt it. Not even an "aw, Happy Valentine's Day". (which normally I don't really care about but it just fell nicely into the plan and I figured "why not" since DH and DS do love Valentine's Day) Because they would be saving themselves for the REAL offerings later on.

And, by the way, releasing the info about it so late in the game means...HOW many people trying to make ADRs that evening were denied, because they were secretly holding back time slots for the promotion?

Then again, someone who called the day after it was announced was unable to book anything since the phone CMs didn't know about the promotion.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #19
MVC1225
Mouseketeer

oooooh my Limited Time Magic week is soup. How exciting!!!

Worst Campaign EVER!!!
April 2014 - Disney Dream
Future Trips: August 2014 - offsite; October 2014 - MNSSHP, US and IoA

MVC1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #20
Abharmagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC1225 View Post
oooooh my Limited Time Magic week is soup. How exciting!!!

Worst Campaign EVER!!!
Hahaha soup..... how magical
April 2013
Next Trip- Labor Day 2014- SeaWorld- Aquatica- Legoland- MNSSHP- Can't wait!
Abharmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #21
TDSAXX
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
In the running for

WORST

DISNEY

PROMOTION

EVER.
Until they officially roll out FP+.
TDSAXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #22
deanimal
DIS Veteran

So I hear mention of soup and I think, "that's right, limited time magic for our week of Feb 4-9 should be announced today, I wonder what's this mention of soup, maybe it's a euphanism for something." So I go and check it out and no....our magic is soup. And a special pre-parade sort of thing that ends the day before we arrive. And soup. Good thing I kept my expectations nice and low.
deanimal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #23
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanimal View Post
So I hear mention of soup and I think, "that's right, limited time magic for our week of Feb 4-9 should be announced today, I wonder what's this mention of soup, maybe it's a euphanism for something." So I go and check it out and no....our magic is soup. And a special pre-parade sort of thing that ends the day before we arrive. And soup. Good thing I kept my expectations nice and low.
So, I guess it's...

Old 02-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #24
Here4mydisneyfix
Andrew Sutton, you genious man, you! She will remember the Rose forever...

...well it'd be *slightly* more magical if it was FREE soup...but no, we have to pay (big bucks I'm sure based on the mention of lobster bisque!) for our "magical" soup.....watch out folks, the soup is probably "limited" (in quantity) too.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #25
deanimal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
So, I guess it's...

deanimal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #26
cigar95
DIS weakest link

I never saw this as a major promotion in the first place. I didn't think of it as 2013's version of "YoaMD" or "100 Years of Magic". I just thought of it as a small extra add-on that was better than nothing.

I just came home last night, and this week there wasn't *any* special event. No harm done. We got the last couple days of "long lost friends", but I don't think I ever saw them. (Had Esmeralda been among them, I might have made more of an effort.)

So I guess the answer is no - I'm not disappointed, because I never saw it as a big deal to start with.
cigar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #27
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

For our trip on Feb. 24th-27th we currently have limited time nothing. I'm so looking forward to that. So, for those of you with soup you should be happy.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #28
ktrask
Mouseketeer

It really does look like a super lame promotion. Sadly I had high hopes for it when they announced it.

Every time I look at the page I keep seeing DW get the shaft over DL. Someone has really dropped the ball on this one.
ktrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #29
kofslinky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchu2005 View Post
IMO that's what they've been doing so far... January's was long lost friends, which was the most appreciated an d February's seems to be love week.

The rest is all crap.

So, as I'm arriving the day love week is ending, I'm bound to getting crap.

I'll be there. That's all it matters!

Mx
I'll be there the same week as you, and I was kind of thinking the same thing. Love week ens when I get there, so I guess I won't be "feeling the love" the week I am there. Oh well- being there is ALWAYS better than being at home in the snow and cold! Let my own week of Limited Time Magic begin- I'm there, I'll enjoy it!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #30
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigar95 View Post
I never saw this as a major promotion in the first place. I didn't think of it as 2013's version of "YoaMD" or "100 Years of Magic". I just thought of it as a small extra add-on that was better than nothing.

I just came home last night, and this week there wasn't *any* special event. No harm done. We got the last couple days of "long lost friends", but I don't think I ever saw them. (Had Esmeralda been among them, I might have made more of an effort.)

So I guess the answer is no - I'm not disappointed, because I never saw it as a big deal to start with.
Me either. It is not as if they have been running ads on tv saying Limited Time Magic, Watch What We Come Up With!!! People are victims of their own huge expectations.

For me, being at WDW is enough. I don't need them to add anything else extra to make my trip special.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: