Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #181
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis
I'll be in MK for March 3rd, wo I'm looking forward to that particular LTM.

Anybody know what the promo is for March 4?
Nothing announced. Expect maybe something on Friday.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #182
cindyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
As I stated before, they have not promoted Limited Time Magic as a bunch of huge things that will blow people out of the water. If you go look at their web sit it states "Limited Time Magic offers a little pixie dust to make the time spent together at Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort extra special". They never claimed they would have huge promotions, or giant give-aways.....

...... a little pixie dust. They never promised anything big or out of this world. Just a little extra magic.
E
But that is exactly my point!!!!
They are taking every day happenings and putting a "Limited Time Magic" label on it! How is this in any way "limited" or "a little extra magic"?

How does taking what happens all the time and adding the title to it, make it "a little pixie dust"?
I'm not looking for huge or spectacular! But I am looking for extra!
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #183
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyfan View Post
They are taking every day happenings and putting a "Limited Time Magic" label on it! How is this in any way "limited" or "a little extra magic"?

How does taking what happens all the time and adding the title to it, make it "a little pixie dust"?
They are having the Dapper Dans sing boy band music. That is new, and a little extra magic. I think it would be pretty neat to hear.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #184
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I never expected anything huge or to "blow me out of the water"!
And I totally agree the we experience magic and those "special moments" every time we go!
But Disney is the one promoting something "extra" in calling it Limited Time Magic. And they have not delivered!
Having Dapper Dans sing is what they do every day! Just because they chose a different song does not make it special or "magical". I have heard them sing many times and they have many times sung something different and impromptu!
I still say Disney needs to take a hard look at this and either change it up and truly "make it magical" or throw in the towel and hope people just forget about it!
It has become an embarrassment.
We don't forget things very easily, lol. Think Pink Cake Castle.
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #185
Mikesport
Disney Dude

This is the worst Disney promotion ever!

W.D.W. 30+ visits (All Star Sports/Movies/Music, Pop century, Shades of green, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk)
D.L. 1 visit

Mikesport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #186
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

I am STILL laughing about the soup! I do have to say I LOVE the idea of long lost friends, and honestly, I think if all they did was promise to re-release some long lost friends every week, people would be pretty happy. Like a Disney Afternoon Week, Dogs week (101 Dalmations, Lady & the Tramp, etc) or even just where you KNOW someone unique will show up that day, but not who. I think that would be fun and I can't think it would cost Disney a lot to dust off old costumes. I do agree this has been a let down, I feel like Disney dropped the ball as well, but I am still thrilled to be going this year!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #187
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieB View Post
We don't forget things very easily, lol. Think Pink Cake Castle.
I think I must be the only person in the world that really liked the birthday cake castle

and I had a great time taking pictures at long lost friends , would love them out again

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #188
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
E

Maybe someone in Marketing decided over looked and every day happenings needed some highlighting and recognition. It is not costing hardly anything extra, just using what is there. I think all the Disney money went to George Lucas, nothing is left over.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #189
MacClemsons
Mouseketeer

I made an extra trip for Long Lost Friends week. I know there are others who did the same. Disney got extra $ from me. Isn't that what a promo is supposed to do?

Soup. Nobody made an extra trip for that one. We happened to be there on our week vacation though. The soup was less than magical IMHO. However, I met Tweedle Dee&dum plus Yellow Rabbit that week. Way better than soup. Why didn't they promote that?

We also caught part of True Love week. We ere excited to meet the princes, but never found any of the special merchandise they advertised. So Disney missed an opportunity to get more $.

The point is that Disney built an ice castle in NYC. Yes, I expect more out of LTM. As stated, dusting off some old costumes would Not be expensive and would likely make them some more $.

Really starting to worry that Villains Bash is going to be a disappointment.

Upcoming AoA May 14 SWW
Jan 14 Coronado 1/2 Marathon
Dec 13 ASMu, Oct 13 CBR ToT 10 miler, Sept 13 MNSSHP AoA Nemo Suite, May 13 Cabins, Apr 13 ASSports, Feb 13 POP, Jan 13 SOG
Sep 12 MNSSHP ASMovies, June 12 - SWW off property, Mar 12 SOG
Dec 11 POR, Sep 11 ASMovies
Dec 09 MVMCP ASMovies, Sep 08 SOG, July 03 Hilton DTD
MacClemsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #190
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacClemsons View Post
I made an extra trip for Long Lost Friends week. I know there are others who did the same. Disney got extra $ from me. Isn't that what a promo is supposed to do?

Soup. Nobody made an extra trip for that one. We happened to be there on our week vacation though. The soup was less than magical IMHO. However, I met Tweedle Dee&dum plus Yellow Rabbit that week. Way better than soup. Why didn't they promote that?

We also caught part of True Love week. We ere excited to meet the princes, but never found any of the special merchandise they advertised. So Disney missed an opportunity to get more $.

The point is that Disney built an ice castle in NYC. Yes, I expect more out of LTM. As stated, dusting off some old costumes would Not be expensive and would likely make them some more $.

Really starting to worry that Villains Bash is going to be a disappointment.
Really hope not! We are going just for that!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #191
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari
Maybe someone in Marketing decided over looked and every day happenings needed some highlighting and recognition. It is not costing hardly anything extra, just using what is there. I think all the Disney money went to George Lucas, nothing is left over.
GGRREEAATTT! so Next will be

Random characters at park opening...

Play sorcerers of MK...

Chance to ride on a double decker bus

Meet Minnie, Donald, daisy and goofy In Their circus attire!

;-)

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #192
Mac4life30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
E

I agree with you Cindy!!
Mac4life30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #193
MUDisneyCouple
Thank God for the DIS and all you helpful people!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck
I certainly don't go for the special weeks but if Disney says they're doing 52 weeks of special things, I expect that they'll do it. That's why everyone is so upset. It's not really because we care so much about the weeks themselves but the fact that Disney really has dropped the ball.
This is well stated, MrsDuck!

I really liked this idea when I heard about it on NYE. I thought it was ambitious to have something "new" every week, but if anyone could do it, it would be Disney. I say recycle the Long Lost Friends week for folks - there was great feedback on that week
2003:Honeymoon-Wilderness Lodge; 2006:Spring Break-All Star Sports; 2007:2nd Honeymoon-Polynesian & DCL; 2007:1st Trip to DLR via Vegas; 2008:Badly needed trip to the World-Wilderness Lodge; 2008:1st Christmas Trip-Contemporary; 2009:What aren't we celebrating?!?!-Saratoga Springs; 2010:Alice's 1st Trip to WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2011:Alice's 1st Trip to DLR-Grand Californian; 2012:Parents Getaway-Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2012 :Are we nuts? Yep!-Ft. Wilderness; 2012:Alice's 1st Christmas at WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2013:Summer Fun-The Boardwalk; 2013:10th Anniversary Wine and Dine-Old Key West; 2014: Summer Wilderness Adventure-Wilderness Lodge Villas
MUDisneyCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #194
cindyfan
DIS Veteran

Looks like Disney changed things up a bit......
Instead of something "new" .... Limited Time Magic... every week...
they are doing a 2+ month long LTM trolley show!?

Seriously??
all they did was give them new costumes..... which they desperately needed anyway! and put some nice flowers on the trolley.... to go right along with the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot.

I love the singers and the trolley and look forward to watching them every trip. And it will be GREAT to see them in new costumes.
But.... seriously ..... to call it limited time magic??!!
Old 03-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #195
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
They are having the Dapper Dans sing boy band music. That is new, and a little extra magic. I think it would be pretty neat to hear.
I thought so too until I YouTubed it. My husband and I watched 5 different guests videos and all 5 of them were the exact same set. They did small little snippets of one Backstreet Boys song, one One Direction song, and one N'Sync song. It was cute, but if you were there all week and wanted to catch it multiple times it would've been boring to keep hearing the same thing over and over. The Disneyland one was the exact same thing too, but just a slightly different script for the banter before and after. I mean, c'mon Disney, I understand if you're trying to save money, but something like this could've had a lot more variety for not a lot of money.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: