Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #166
xApril
DIS Veteran

Anyone have any guesses as to what stores will be selling the "limited" edition merchandise for True Love Week?

I'll be there Monday with some friends from out of town, so I don't want to derail their day too much by looking all around the stores.
xApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:54 PM   #167
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Feb. 25-Mar. 3 it's the Dapper Dans. That's when I'll be there. I like the Dapper Dans, but sorry, this is not anything magical nor does it feel like one of Disney's special promotions. Lame.

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #168
jhaig
I'd bet you'd be hungry if we were having Tony-loaf

I really hope that the 2014 promotion dream team is working on their next campaign. It better be special for next year because 2013 has been an absolute joke. Except for the rare characters. Universal must be laughing in disbelief after every lame magical announcement Disney makes.

2007 VWL 2009 VWL 2010 POR Riverside 2011 POR Riverside 2012 CR Concierge 2014 GF
jhaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:32 AM   #169
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig View Post
I really hope that the 2014 promotion dream team is working on their next campaign. It better be special for next year because 2013 has been an absolute joke. Except for the rare characters. Universal must be laughing in disbelief after every lame magical announcement Disney makes.
When you read the blurb about it on the Disney web site, it doesn't sound as if it was meant to be anything huge. Just cute little extras. If people built it up in their own heads as something huge and impressive, and they are now disappointed, they only have themselves to blame.

I think too many people are jaded and only want things that are BIG and IMPRESSIVE. A lot of what makes Disney special is the little things. Not everything new has to be big and blow you out of the water fancy.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #170
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom

When you read the blurb about it on the Disney web site, it doesn't sound as if it was meant to be anything huge. Just cute little extras. If people built it up in their own heads as something huge and impressive, and they are now disappointed, they only have themselves to blame.

I think too many people are jaded and only want things that are BIG and IMPRESSIVE. A lot of what makes Disney special is the little things. Not everything new has to be big and blow you out of the water fancy.
I fully agree, I have been watching closely at this weeks LTM because that's when we will be there, Dapper Dans honestly doesn't excite me at all but i was looking at it as something extra, if it was awesome then that's great, if not oh well we are still at WDW, not all people look at it that way but seems like a waste of time to be upset about it when you are in fact still at WDW, which alot of people would gladly trade places with you, limited time magic or not
Old 02-23-2013, 06:43 AM   #171
xApril
DIS Veteran

I'm going to check out Voices of Liberty today and I will probably end up going and seeing the Dapper Dans next week too. I haven't seen VOL in years and I can't ever recall watching the Dapper Dans so these are newish experiences for me.

It isn't all that exciting, but it's something else 'fun' to check out while in the parks.
xApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:47 AM   #172
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

I don't necessarily expect anything, however one thing that I was really annoyed at was that Disney basically lied. They made a significant deal about "Year of the Ear" saying they would have new and limited edition ears. Most of the ears are old, countless people have said they bought them in 2012! Basically, that's false advertising and that I do get angry and disappointing about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #173
dzneelvr
A Disney Dolly
Doesn't mind if her gnomes kick the bucket after a year!

We make our own Magic

I understand folks wanting a guarantee of something special because it costs a ton to vacation in WDW. but we choose to use positive attitudes, smiles, gratitude, and friendly conversations as a ticket to perks and that extra magicLast trip it was a FP certificate to any attraction in MK because of a conversation with a CM around wait time for our ADR seating. Another trip it was a special pass at EPCOT rope drop because the CM noticed how polite our DS and DD were. We love going to WDW as a family; that's first and foremost on our agenda. Maybe try not to put so much stock in what you could get and just enjoy what each park/resort offers. If you ask, you can find extras everywhere
dzneelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:10 AM   #174
VirataMama4
DIS Veteran

Location: Home is where the Navy sends us: Currently- New Orleans, 09-12- DC

Dapper Dans

I have to admit, I've thought most of the Limited Time Magic events have been less then exciting, but I'm excited about the Dapper Dans doing boy bands. I have a teen daughter who LOVES One Direction, and I know seeing them sing 1D will make her day!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #175
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirataMama4
I have to admit, I've thought most of the Limited Time Magic events have been less then exciting, but I'm excited about the Dapper Dans doing boy bands. I have a teen daughter who LOVES One Direction, and I know seeing them sing 1D will make her day!
Yes, every week shouldn't cater to everyone. People expect too much. Teens and Tweens, often left out would love the Dapper Dans.
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Suzanne74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #176
cindyfan
DIS Veteran

I never expected anything huge or to "blow me out of the water"!
And I totally agree the we experience magic and those "special moments" every time we go!
But Disney is the one promoting something "extra" in calling it Limited Time Magic. And they have not delivered!
Having Dapper Dans sing is what they do every day! Just because they chose a different song does not make it special or "magical". I have heard them sing many times and they have many times sung something different and impromptu!
I still say Disney needs to take a hard look at this and either change it up and truly "make it magical" or throw in the towel and hope people just forget about it!
It has become an embarrassment.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #177
JenLoy
Mouseketeer

Cindyfan, I couldn't agree with you more. I was horribly disappointed yesterday when I saw what the LTM surprise was for us this week
November 1990 - Offsite / May 1992 - Big Red Boat Cruise - Contemporary /Nov 1994 - Offsite /Feb 1996 - Port Orleans/Nov 1997 - 25th Anniversary Celebration - Poly / May 2000 - POFQ / August 2000 - GF & POFQ / June 2001 - GF / August 2002 - 100 Yrs of Magic -Contemporary/ October 2003 - MNSSHP - AS Sports / May 2004 - SOG / May 2005 - Happiest Celebration - SOG /Dec 2005 - GF / Feb 2006 - Pop Century / Aug 2006 - Our First Ever Disneyland Trip!!!! / May 2007 SOG /Nov/Dec 2007 - AS Music and CB / May 2008 SOG / Nov 2008 CB/ April 2009 YC, 1st Disney Cruise, and POFQ /Aug 2009 AS Movies, niece's 10th Bday / Oct 2009 CB (Pirate room) - 7th Wedding Anniversary / Aug 2010 Pop Century, niece's 11th Bday /April 2011 Pop Century / D23 Expo - Aug 2011 / Oct 2012 - 10 Year Vow Renewal at Wedding Pavillion - GF and CB / Aug 2014 Pop Century, Niece's 14th Bday / Oct 2014 CB, 1st RunDisney Race TOT 10 Miler
JenLoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #178
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyfan View Post
And I totally agree the we experience magic and those "special moments" every time we go!
But Disney is the one promoting something "extra" in calling it Limited Time Magic. And they have not delivered!
Having Dapper Dans sing is what they do every day! Just because they chose a different song does not make it special or "magical". I have heard them sing many times and they have many times sung something different and impromptu!
I still say Disney needs to take a hard look at this and either change it up and truly "make it magical" or throw in the towel and hope people just forget about it!
As I stated before, they have not promoted Limited Time Magic as a bunch of huge things that will blow people out of the water. If you go look at their web sit it states "Limited Time Magic offers a little pixie dust to make the time spent together at Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort extra special". They never claimed they would have huge promotions, or giant give-aways, or anything else people decided for themselves LTM meant.

They have no reason to be embarrassed. People made up these huge expectations for themselves. Disney is delivering exactly what they have promised-- a little pixie dust. They never promised anything big or out of this world. Just a little extra magic.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #179
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyfan View Post
This. They could have done everything they have called LTM and just let it be a regular part of the park day.

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #180
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

I'll be in MK for March 3rd, wo I'm looking forward to that particular LTM.

Anybody know what the promo is for March 4?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: