Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
EricaG
Mouseketeer

Minimum nights at FW?

I was kicking around the idea of a last minute trip down to FW and was playing with dates on the reservation system.

We would be taking a quick trip--just 3 nights next weekend (Feb. 8-11)--and the online reservation system said there was no availability for any camping sites. I re-did the search, intending to check slightly different dates, but then accidentally left the check-in date the same and changed the check-out date to Feb. 14th (so, total of 6 nights). Suddenly there's a tent /pop-up site available, which is what we would like (we have a VW Westfalia Camper Van).

So, tried 5 nights (Feb. 8-13), and no availability. Huh? I can see there being a stated minimum number of nights, but would they normally require a 6-night stay for any time of year?

And, is it possible that they have some kind of requirement on the sites now, but that could change as next weekend approaches? (I know it's not a popular time to camp, and I just checked the dates for THIS weekend--2nd through 5th--and there was availability, and that's also a 3 night total stay.)

Thanks to anyone who can clear up this confusion for me!
Jan. 2000-POR (Ran WDW Marathon!) ; Feb. 2002-Offsite ; Jan. 2004-WL; Dec. 2006-POFQ (Trip with extended family); Mar. 2008-OKW (Just the two of us); Oct. 2008-BWV; Sept. 2009-3nt. cruise on the Wonder and 1 nt. at BLT; Feb. 2011--7nt. Mexican Riviera on the Wonder; Oct. 2011-POP!; May 2012--5 nt. on the Dream and our first stay at Ft. Wilderness in our new (to us) VW Westy ; May 2014--7 nt. Western Caribbean on the Fantasy
EricaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
retired and happy
Auburn-him/Alabama-her

Just book the minimum the system will allow, then after you get confirmation, cancel the excess days. it's just the way the system works. Crazy, huh? they tery to encourage longer stays, but they can't hold you hostage.
retired and happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
EricaG
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the explanation and help!
Jan. 2000-POR (Ran WDW Marathon!) ; Feb. 2002-Offsite ; Jan. 2004-WL; Dec. 2006-POFQ (Trip with extended family); Mar. 2008-OKW (Just the two of us); Oct. 2008-BWV; Sept. 2009-3nt. cruise on the Wonder and 1 nt. at BLT; Feb. 2011--7nt. Mexican Riviera on the Wonder; Oct. 2011-POP!; May 2012--5 nt. on the Dream and our first stay at Ft. Wilderness in our new (to us) VW Westy ; May 2014--7 nt. Western Caribbean on the Fantasy
EricaG is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: