Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Alice Ruby in wonder
Earning My Ears

Smile What a Mickey of a holiday!

Hey! I'm Alice a 10 year old from Scotland! I am here to tell you about my three week vacation to Disney world Florida in 2012! We stayed in Saratoga Springs Resort and were on the disney dining plan.

Last edited by Alice Ruby in wonder; 12-21-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
Alice Ruby in wonder
Earning My Ears

So here is my awesome family

Me!!!!! Alice the awesome one and the thrill seeker!

Last edited by Alice Ruby in wonder; 12-21-2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: too big a photo
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
Alice Ruby in wonder
Earning My Ears

My little brother Archie (8), the shy and quiet one who had his 8th birthday in disney

My mum Katie (43), the busy and organized one. Honestly, she plans the dining like 1 year ahead!

My dad (44), the cool and chillaxed one

Last edited by Alice Ruby in wonder; 01-15-2013 at 02:12 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
Alice Ruby in wonder
Earning My Ears

So then now you've met my family we better get started. I find the journey parts of trip reports are boring, so lets just skip so we are there eh?

Anyway when we arrived at SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT and spa, we went straight to get checked in. We were really tired after our 9 hour flight. We have been to Saratoga before and loved it. It has great pool parties and fab activities to do when you are bored. To top that it has boat rides to downtown disney and a walkway to it too! The resterant there is the Turf club and the counter service is Artists Palette which is handy and decent (well disney does have food to die for for!) We were put in the Springs villas which is where we had hoped for. It is next to the High Rock Springs pool and is first and last to get picked up and dropped off (the bus's)

This is a map of Saratoga Spring Resort!

Last edited by Alice Ruby in wonder; 01-15-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I am always impressed that people from Europe can take 3 week vacations. When we visit your countries we only stay 8-10 days, which is still under 2 weeks.

I never knew Saratoga Springs was so huge. I only see it when I am at DownTown Disney.

I'm like your mom, I plan the meals ADR's way out in advance. That way you get what you want.

What month and days in 2012 were you at WDW.

Edit--Me and my 2 girls, maybe my husband will be visiting your country next summer....Hopefully!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
Alice Ruby in wonder
Earning My Ears

The first restaurant we went to was Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney. I was really excited about this one!. Since it was late and we had woke up very early we weren't expecting much. It was late getting in about 20 minutes but I supposed we were 10 minutes early so only about 10 minutes. We sat in a very crowded seat and was hard to get in and out. There was loads of happy birthday messages going up on a massive screen. The food was ok. I had a steak and chips. My mum had a massive rib meal and I thought it was mine you should of seen my face :0!! It had decent food and amazing scenery! WARNING: If kids go they will be scared by a chucky doll and a creepy man at the start.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #7
Alice Ruby in wonder
Earning My Ears

OhMari, we stayed July the 22nd to August the 13th. Scotland is amazing so I hope you will be able to come!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
Alice Ruby in wonder
Earning My Ears

The next morning we got up early. We were going to magic kingdom today and stopping at the contemprey resort for breakfast at Chef Micky's. This is a great choice if you are looking for a character breakfast with amazing food. There is a big table of donuts and little cupcakes. Then a massive fruit section and over course a nice breki sort of buffet like bacon,pancakes, waffles ect... We had wonderful visits from Micky and his gang and got a photo taken at the start . As always the staff were helpful and kind . Since my brother had a birthday on this holiday he got a cupcake and a card. Amazing and a great way to start our day! :D

Last edited by Alice Ruby in wonder; 01-15-2013 at 02:12 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:17 AM   #9
Alice Ruby in wonder
Earning My Ears

Lateron in the day we went to magic kingdom. Today it was a Monday (just telling you because its was very busy!) We ran to get fastpasses for all the big rides like space mountain and splash mountin and stuff. By then it was 11:30 and fast passes for SM weren't until 3:00!!! While we waited for our fast pass time we went on... Haunted mansion- Not too scary more funny for 6 and up's.
Tiki Room- had re-opened after a fire, but still really good and enjoyable especially for little ones!.Pirates of the Caribean- We love this ride! Journey into a jolly town full of pirates. Start can be scary a luttle where a man keeps saying dead man tells no tale... All these rides were still about 15 mins wait. We used up our fast pass and were still in a good 25 minute wait to get on Space Mountain.As always still really good!!

Last edited by Alice Ruby in wonder; 01-19-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #10
Alice Ruby in wonder
Earning My Ears

The next day we woke up early to go to h.w.s which is my fave park! We had an early booking at Hollywood an d vine for breakfast. We first went on a few rides like muppet 3D vision (we it!) We are all MASSIVE muppet fans!!!!! We got fast pass for toy story mania which is a family fave although dad always wins by miles but I am great at the alien one with the rings!!!!So we had a great breakfast at Hollywood and vine. My dad dosen't like it though. We had visits grime handy manny and special agent oso! Also all the little instiens. came. We are eight and ten but we still love handy manny and special agent oso!!! It is a great resturant especially for little kids who watch disney junior .We went on some other rides like one Manx dream and great movie ride which is scary for little ones it had a scence from the thriller "Alien." We finished off the day by going to our pool at Saratoga and met s new friend Kara at thr po she is a Disney cast member but is such a good friend! We played the pool party with songs and water balloon slingshot and critter find it was great! We had a counter service at Wolfgang puck to finish. Which is a great, filling counter service.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: