Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Sleepover...

We're leaving in one week and we just found out our friends are going to be 'in the area' for some of that week too -- they're staying off property but are going to the parks for a few days themselves so we'll be making plans to meet up at the parks. Apparently DD and her BFF were talking and they decided they want to have a one nite sleepover -- is this allowed? (I told them both probably not - but thought I would ask)

ErinsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
mom to minnie&mickey
DIS Veteran

Should not be a problem if you are not exceeding your room occupancy limit. Register the child at the front desk and she will be able to use all the amenities at your resort. No charge if under 18 and no park tickets needed in order to stay at the resort. Even if you are on the dining plan she will not be required to also be on it for one night but you cannot use your credits to purchase her food.
Have a great birthday celebration!
mom to minnie&mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Sure.. it's not a problem. I wouldn't even worry about telling the front desk..
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

I'll have to check occupancy as I don't know what it is -- we're 2 adults and 1 kid--age 6. She won't be staying long after we wake up as we have to get on with our day, but from what we gathered from the , DD shared the idea of going to sleep/waking up to views of the castle and BFF wanted in on the action.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

If there are only 3 of you, then adding an extra child is not a problem. You'll still be within the occupancy limit. Hope the girls have a fun sleep over!
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #6
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

It's not a problem if you're not exceeding room occupancy. DD and I have hosted sleepovers for my niece and nephew to allow my sister and her husband to have a night out. The only time it was an issue was when we were staying at BWV for spring break and wanted to use the pool before bedtime. The lifeguards were checking room keys to be able to use the pool. So they looked at mine and DD's, asked about the littler kids and let us use the pools. I asked if I should get room keys for them, but the lifeguard said it wasn't worth the hassle and everything was cool.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #7
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

thank you everyone!!

Old 02-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #8
Safari Queen
Now 14 miles from my happy place.

Do tell the front desk. The hotel needs to know how many people are in the room in case of an emergency.

VWL Feb 04, OKW Oct 04, SSR Oct 04, BWV Dec 04, OKW Feb 05, BCV Sep 05, BWV Oct 05, BWV Dec 05, OKW Feb 06, BWV Nov 06, BCV Jan 07, BWV & DCL Apr 07, BWV Jun 07, F&W @ BWV Oct 07, AKL & OKW Jan 08, F&W @ AKV Oct 08, BWV Jan 09, AKL Concierge Nov 09; BCV & BWV Jan 10; BWV Oct 10; BWV Jan 11; Coronado Sp/AKL - Feb 12; BWV F&W Oct 12; AKL Oct 13
NEXT: F&W, Oct 14
Safari Queen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: