Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
mom0299
DIS Veteran

Linking Dining to My Disney Experience

I'm not sure if this is the right board, but here goes.
I have an account for MyDisneyExperience. My resort reservation has linked and shows up when I log in. I have repeatedly put in my dining reservations, but they will not show up. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me? What am I doing wrong?

Disneymoon @ Dixie Landings - 1993 Family Trip @ CR - 2004 Family Trip @ CSR - 2006 Family Christmas Trip @ All Star Sports - 2006 New Year Grand Gathering @ Pop - 2007/2008 Family Christmas Trip @ CBR - 2010 Family Trip @ POR - 2013
mom0299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
starousse
DIS Veteran

I had this problem. It was that my dining reservation wasn't under the same email address that my account was under. You can call Disney Dining directly and they can check for you.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
Bigeagle
Earning My Ears

I've been attempting to make the My Disney Experience (MDE) work for me and so far, have a mixed bag. I started searching for information on this forum and saw this posting. Maybe it will generate so real-time user information.

Anyway, I've linked my Resort reservation (through AAA) into the system with the confirmation number from AAA. After making ADRs on the phone, I entered one ADR confrimation number a a meal reservation, and all the other meal ADRs showed up too. Great!, but this stuff only shows up on my desktop computer. I havethe app on my mobile phone, but can see none of my trip reservation information. I was hoping to use this instead of the list of reminders I normally take with me for our (family of 4) trips. I've got time to see what happens next since we don't arrive at WDW until late July. You might want to make sure you've completed all the details within your profile and made yourself the "primary contact" or whatever MDE calls it. That seemed somewhat important to functionality. My family will be sticking together at WDW this summer, so I've elected to NOT open access to MDE details---keeping it simple for now.

In the next few months, here's what I'm hoping happens, but I've got no real confirmations on any of this:

1. More enhancements, particularly for the mobile app, will role out soon.
2. Perhaps all my travel plans (reservations) will show up once I arrive on site and the system recognizes that I'm there through the GPS locator affilliation.
3. If GPS isn't the magic ticket, then maybe the mobile app will spring into useful action as the dates for our trip get closer.

Regardless of whether MDE works or not, OUR Disney experience this summer will be great! Hope yours will be too!
Bigeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
Indy Denise
Mouseketeer

I guess I have been lucky.

After many issues with either site ( app or desktop ) mine works great now.

If I use one or the other to make dining ressies it shows up on the other.

When I called to make ressies the desktop site had them listed asap..but I did have to manually add them to the app. At first they wouldn't go but that is because I was using my home phone number instead of my cell to retrieve them.

Now ALL ( resort and dining ) are on both places..

I have to say that making dining res. on the app is easier for me as it loads better..and for some reason it shows better times.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
butterfly71076
DIS Veteran

I'm having a bit of trouble, not much. Trying to link resort reservations, it says its already linked but I can't see it. Also still showing a dining reservation I cancelled over the phone about 2 weeks ago. Otherwise, it's ok for me. If I make a dining reservation, it shows up on My Disney Experience right away. For being a Disney "site", I think it's working not bad. Lol
First trip Aug 1992 POR April 1995 ASSp June 1997 ASMu DH First Trip Oct 2004 CBR DS First Trip May 2009 ASMu May/June 2010 ASMo Nov 2011 SSR Dec 2012 SSR March 2013 ASMo July 2013 CSR Sept 2013 CSR March 2014 CBR First cruise!! Jan 2015 Disney Fantasy June 2015 CSR
butterfly71076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #6
mom0299
DIS Veteran

OP here.

I put the dining ressies in on the app and now they show up there and on the desktop. It's weird that it wouldn't work on the desktop, but only on the app. At least they are there now, though.

Disneymoon @ Dixie Landings - 1993 Family Trip @ CR - 2004 Family Trip @ CSR - 2006 Family Christmas Trip @ All Star Sports - 2006 New Year Grand Gathering @ Pop - 2007/2008 Family Christmas Trip @ CBR - 2010 Family Trip @ POR - 2013
mom0299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #7
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up

The ADR's I made online on the old site weren't transferring to My Disney Experience. I tried to link them by typing my conf # and phone number. It said ressie was found but it still wasn't showing in My Reservations

I saw a post somewhere that did the trick!

When you go to Link your ADR's into My Disney experience...

1. Put in your confirmation number for your ADR.
2. Type in your phone number without the dashes.

This did the trick! When I re-loaded My reservations it showed up!
So I did this with all of my missing ADR's and now they are all there.

Me DS 19

March 2009 - AS Movies, March 2010 = POP, August 2010 - POP, March 2011 - POP,
Dec 2011 - POP (MVMCP), July 2012 - POR, March 2013 - POP, Sept 2013 - POP (MNSSHP),
March 2014 - POP, May 2014 Rock Your Disney Side! 24 hr event - POP
Oct. 2014 Split stays at AKL, AOA, & ASM
MichelleWDWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #8
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

I cannot believe a company like Disney with so very many computer savvy users has such awful websites! Across the board all Disney on the web is horribly executed. Have they nevr heard of a wee little assist called beta testing?
Disney, if you listen to us: BETA TEST!!!...... And yes, I did mean to yell!

hotcarib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #9
omgninjas
Earning My Ears

Is the new site US only? I'm in Canada and I've never seen anything but the old site. Also can't see anywhere in the my disney experience app to link my resort ressie.. This is embarrassing if I'm just missing something, I work in tech support for goodness sake!

April 2010 - offsite
February 2011 - BWI
January 2012 - BWI
December 2013 - WL
omgninjas is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: