Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 12:38 AM   #61
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?
 
mandymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Nuneaton U.K.
Posts: 72,643
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster View Post
After my 1lb gain last week I managed to lose 3lbs this week Taking my total loss to 24lbs. Scales moved down into the next stone bracket which I always find a great motivation. Hoping to reach the 2 stone mark before I go to Centre Parcs on 15th March.

Overall I've got another 13lbs to go to get back to my pre pregnancy weight
That's great Laura, you must be chuffed to bits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks1984 View Post
Pah! Last week I had a 0.6lb gain...and I suspect with three birthdays since then that this week won't be much better Oh well, keep plodding along and I'll get there in the end

Keep it up everyone, we're doing great!
As it was yours and Samantha's birthdays this past week, I will let you off Rachel I'm sure you will be back on track next week Good Luck hun
__________________
Mandy xx



mandymouse is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #62
westgrove
Mouseketeer
 
westgrove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Preston, UK
Posts: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymouse View Post

Welcome back Laura Wishing you lots of luck with your diet, what plan are you hoping to use ? Fingers crossed for a loss next week
Thank you
I'm doing WW. I've been going to meetings since June of last year and yo-yoing means I've only lost about 7lbs overall between then and now so I need to get a wee bit more focused!
__________________
Oct 2010 - Disneyland CA (offsite)
May 2012 - WDW (CSR)
Oct 2013 - WDW (CSR/AoA)
Nov 2014 - Disneyland Paris (?)
May 2015 - Tokyo Disneyland (?)
westgrove is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #63
LunaMini
Believing is just the beginning...
 
LunaMini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Gloucestershire, UK
Posts: 361

Does anyone else here use MyFitnessPal? I was planning on carrying on with Slimming World after my success last year, but have decided to try MFP instead. I'm finding it quite good so far, but am keen to see how others have got on with it
__________________
No trips booked at the moment
October 1995 - Coach Trip
November 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
October 2010 - Magical Mini Adventure - Hotel Cheyenne
July 2012 - Magical Mini Adventure - Hotel Santa Fe
March 2014 - Birthday Treat - Disneyland Hotel!
LunaMini is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #64
pampat
Never Forget: It was all started by a Mouse!
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Milton Keynes
Posts: 794

Just a little one pound off for me again this week. I'm nothing if not consistent! I'd love to lose 3 or 4 lbs a week, but I just can't. Oh well, at least being at work and on my feet all day must be doing me some good!

Pam
pampat is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #65
wifey
DIS Veteran
 
wifey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: U.K. (North East)
Posts: 2,031

Hi LunaMini, yes there are a few of us using it and it's very useful and fairly accurate. Once you get used to how it works it really is great. It showed me how much more exercise I needed to get done and helped me do it and keep track of it too. Plus keeping track of my portion sizes is a big help i try to get plenty of fruits and vegetables and include those important super vitamin ones like peppers and really reduce the carbs to less processed ones. Most things are on the app but for those that are not it is simple to use the inbuilt barcode scanner or just work out the calories and add them yourself it is usually at the bottom of the meal selection list. I am still sticking to it 6 months in even on those off weeks we all get from time to time. Keep up the great work and keep sticking to your goals and with encouragement (we can all benefit from positive thinking) I'm sure you will succeed.
__________________


Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]


June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan
wifey is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #66
LunaMini
Believing is just the beginning...
 
LunaMini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Gloucestershire, UK
Posts: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey View Post
Hi LunaMini, yes there are a few of us using it and it's very useful and fairly accurate. Once you get used to how it works it really is great. It showed me how much more exercise I needed to get done and helped me do it and keep track of it too. Plus keeping track of my portion sizes is a big help i try to get plenty of fruits and vegetables and include those important super vitamin ones like peppers and really reduce the carbs to less processed ones. Most things are on the app but for those that are not it is simple to use the inbuilt barcode scanner or just work out the calories and add them yourself it is usually at the bottom of the meal selection list. I am still sticking to it 6 months in even on those off weeks we all get from time to time. Keep up the great work and keep sticking to your goals and with encouragement (we can all benefit from positive thinking) I'm sure you will succeed.
Thanks for this! I thought it was time for a change, life is so busy I was finding it hard to stick to red and green days with Slimming World. MFP seems a great way of doing things and there have only been a few things I haven't found on the app, that I have added myself. These have mainly been exercise, but weird things like mucking out stables. I just looked them up on line though and added them. Perfect!
I've not managed to find any of my friends to add yet, but am doing OK on my own at the moment. I'm not really alone though as I have all the lovely people here!
__________________
No trips booked at the moment
October 1995 - Coach Trip
November 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
October 2010 - Magical Mini Adventure - Hotel Cheyenne
July 2012 - Magical Mini Adventure - Hotel Santa Fe
March 2014 - Birthday Treat - Disneyland Hotel!
LunaMini is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 12:46 AM   #67
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?
 
mandymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Nuneaton U.K.
Posts: 72,643
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampat View Post
Just a little one pound off for me again this week. I'm nothing if not consistent! I'd love to lose 3 or 4 lbs a week, but I just can't. Oh well, at least being at work and on my feet all day must be doing me some good!

Pam
Well done Pam, every little bit counts Keep up the good work
__________________
Mandy xx



mandymouse is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 03:56 AM   #68
stba2006
DIS Veteran
 
stba2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East Lancashire
Posts: 610

Well have had a busy / eventful 2 weeks so haven't had a chance to get down to weigh in, but I have a feeling I may have put as theres been valentines, our anniversary and my sisters 30th celebrations.

Am back on it now though so hopefully I will have at least stayed the same by the time i can weigh in next week
__________________
stba2006 is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #69
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?
 
mandymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Nuneaton U.K.
Posts: 72,643
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stba2006 View Post
Well have had a busy / eventful 2 weeks so haven't had a chance to get down to weigh in, but I have a feeling I may have put as theres been valentines, our anniversary and my sisters 30th celebrations.

Am back on it now though so hopefully I will have at least stayed the same by the time i can weigh in next week
Good luck at your next weigh-in hun
__________________
Mandy xx



mandymouse is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 02:48 AM   #70
LunaMini
Believing is just the beginning...
 
LunaMini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Gloucestershire, UK
Posts: 361

Morning all! 'Scary Scales' this morning! Having made and eaten several WDW cinnamon rolls at the weekend I was slightly worried about standing on them, but to my relief I've lost 2lb! Happy bunny here!

How's everyone else getting on?
__________________
No trips booked at the moment
October 1995 - Coach Trip
November 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
October 2010 - Magical Mini Adventure - Hotel Cheyenne
July 2012 - Magical Mini Adventure - Hotel Santa Fe
March 2014 - Birthday Treat - Disneyland Hotel!
LunaMini is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 03:53 AM   #71
wifey
DIS Veteran
 
wifey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: U.K. (North East)
Posts: 2,031

Oh bother!! Another STS week for me, hopefully i will get back on track soon ...this is rather disheartening for me. I will have to take a break from the carbs again ( not that i eat that many but still...) by the look of things i need to eat more veggies and exercise more. On a positive note though I have noticed my bust size has gone down so maybe my weight is redistributing again
__________________


Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]


June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan

Last edited by wifey; 02-25-2013 at 07:38 AM.
wifey is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #72
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!
 
Tinks1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lancs, England
Posts: 5,122

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaMini View Post
Thanks for this! I thought it was time for a change, life is so busy I was finding it hard to stick to red and green days with Slimming World. MFP seems a great way of doing things and there have only been a few things I haven't found on the app, that I have added myself. These have mainly been exercise, but weird things like mucking out stables. I just looked them up on line though and added them. Perfect!
I've not managed to find any of my friends to add yet, but am doing OK on my own at the moment. I'm not really alone though as I have all the lovely people here!
I'm a MFP user too...I love it! If you fancy a friend or two over there, mine username is 'rach066'...feel free to add me if you like. I know some of the other girls will probably pop on with their usernames too for you, so you're not quite as lonely on there. I've found having my Dis friends along for the ride on there with me has helped

On a side note for me, I cannot move! I headed back to aerobics yesterday for the first time in about 18 months...oh my word! Have to say though, really nice to be back there and I did more 'high' than I thought I would be able to manage, so quite pleased. The scales will reveal all tomorrow....
__________________
RACHEL
May '93 - Off-site - Marriott International Drive - May '95 - CBR - June '98 - CBR - April '08 - ASSp - May '10 - ASSp
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walter E. Disney (1901-1966)
Tinks1984 is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #73
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!
 
Tinks1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lancs, England
Posts: 5,122

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey View Post
Oh bother!! Another STS week for me, hopefully i will get back on track soon ...this is rather disheartening for me. I will have to take a break from the carbs again ( not that i eat that many but still...) by the look of things i need to eat more veggies and exercise more. On a positive note though I have noticed my bust size has gone down so maybe my weight is redistributing again
Ahhh wifey! You poor thing, but at least it's not a gain, so there's another positive to be taken. Hope you have a better week this week
__________________
RACHEL
May '93 - Off-site - Marriott International Drive - May '95 - CBR - June '98 - CBR - April '08 - ASSp - May '10 - ASSp
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walter E. Disney (1901-1966)
Tinks1984 is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #74
LunaMini
Believing is just the beginning...
 
LunaMini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Gloucestershire, UK
Posts: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks1984 View Post
I'm a MFP user too...I love it! If you fancy a friend or two over there, mine username is 'rach066'...feel free to add me if you like. I know some of the other girls will probably pop on with their usernames too for you, so you're not quite as lonely on there. I've found having my Dis friends along for the ride on there with me has helped

On a side note for me, I cannot move! I headed back to aerobics yesterday for the first time in about 18 months...oh my word! Have to say though, really nice to be back there and I did more 'high' than I thought I would be able to manage, so quite pleased. The scales will reveal all tomorrow....
Thank you. I've added you
__________________
No trips booked at the moment
October 1995 - Coach Trip
November 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
October 2010 - Magical Mini Adventure - Hotel Cheyenne
July 2012 - Magical Mini Adventure - Hotel Santa Fe
March 2014 - Birthday Treat - Disneyland Hotel!
LunaMini is offline  
Old 02-26-2013, 12:54 AM   #75
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?
 
mandymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Nuneaton U.K.
Posts: 72,643
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaMini View Post
Morning all! 'Scary Scales' this morning! Having made and eaten several WDW cinnamon rolls at the weekend I was slightly worried about standing on them, but to my relief I've lost 2lb! Happy bunny here!

How's everyone else getting on?
Well done on another 2lbs loss, that's great

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey View Post
Oh bother!! Another STS week for me, hopefully i will get back on track soon ...this is rather disheartening for me. I will have to take a break from the carbs again ( not that i eat that many but still...) by the look of things i need to eat more veggies and exercise more. On a positive note though I have noticed my bust size has gone down so maybe my weight is redistributing again
Well done on STS, I know it can be disheartening, but it's good that you're seeing changes so you know you're getting there Good Luck for a loss next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks1984 View Post
I'm a MFP user too...I love it! If you fancy a friend or two over there, mine username is 'rach066'...feel free to add me if you like. I know some of the other girls will probably pop on with their usernames too for you, so you're not quite as lonely on there. I've found having my Dis friends along for the ride on there with me has helped

On a side note for me, I cannot move! I headed back to aerobics yesterday for the first time in about 18 months...oh my word! Have to say though, really nice to be back there and I did more 'high' than I thought I would be able to manage, so quite pleased. The scales will reveal all tomorrow....
Good Luck Rachel
__________________
Mandy xx



mandymouse is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.