Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 03:47 AM   #16
wifey
DIS Veteran

Whoohoo another loss for me too! Two and a quarter pounds off this week, my BMI is dropping and my fat is reducing... muscle mass improving and water levels rising too. All my hard work is beginning to pay off now!! That makes me over 2 1/2 stones lighter
Good luck to everyone and keep your goals in focus even if it seems hard to manage you can do it with persistence and determination

Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]

June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan
Old 02-04-2013, 03:54 AM   #17
LunaMini
Believing is just the beginning...

Hi all!

Hope you don't mind me joining in?

I'll fill you all in... I started Slimming World (at home, don't do the classes) last year and lost 2st5lb by the end of December (start weight 13st4lb, end weight 10st13lb) I pretty much gave up in December due to Christmas and put on 8lbs putting me at 11st7lb. The start of January came and I started again and lost 3lb the first week and sts the 2nd. Things went down hill again fron there with snow and work stress (comfort eating and baking!) And birthdays. I opted to write off January and start again the first Monday on Feb, today!
I braved the scales this morning and I'm 11st8lb, not quite as bad as I thought! My end goal had always been 10st, but I'm not sure if I'll look ill if I loose that much. It's very much trial and error!
I look forward to sharing encouragement and success with you all.
For now I'll sign off and avoid the chocolate cake that a colleague has bought in today!
October 2010 - Magical Mini Adventure - Hotel Cheyenne
July 2012 - Magical Mini Adventure - Hotel Santa Fe
March 2014 - Birthday Treat - Disneyland Hotel!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 04:12 AM   #18
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugsy
And another two bite the dust I weigh in on a Sunday, so since this is only the 3rd I'm gonna count today's loss in for January. So, I'm following Weight Watchers and going hell for leather on the wii fit and walking

Lost 15lbs in January, very happy with that. Heading to the World at the start of September, and am aiming to have said goodbye to another 4/4.5 stone by then. It's a big ask but I just keep thinking of sitting by the Beach Pool at the Grand Floridian..cocktail in hand

Very very good luck to everyone for February..everyone has done so well so far, lets keep it up!
15lb s is a great start. 4stone is a lot but I'm sure you'll get there. I tried many diets but found WW really worked for me.

I first joined after having my first baby and lost 3stone in around 5months. My leader encouraged me to set mini goals to help me keep on track, 5%, 10%, 1stone etc. I found that really helped me. The WW community boards are helpful too - some fab low point recipes

I rejoined after having my Son in October but I'm doing it online this time. Again I had around 3stone to lose (enjoyed eating for 2 a little too much).
Old 02-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #19
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey View Post
Whoohoo another loss for me too! Two and a quarter pounds off this week, my BMI is dropping and my fat is reducing... muscle mass improving and water levels rising too. All my hard work is beginning to pay off now!! That makes me over 2 1/2 stones lighter
Good luck to everyone and keep your goals in focus even if it seems hard to manage you can do it with persistence and determination
Woohoo !! another loss, well done, you've done so well

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaMini View Post
Hi all!

Hope you don't mind me joining in?

I'll fill you all in... I started Slimming World (at home, don't do the classes) last year and lost 2st5lb by the end of December (start weight 13st4lb, end weight 10st13lb) I pretty much gave up in December due to Christmas and put on 8lbs putting me at 11st7lb. The start of January came and I started again and lost 3lb the first week and sts the 2nd. Things went down hill again fron there with snow and work stress (comfort eating and baking!) And birthdays. I opted to write off January and start again the first Monday on Feb, today!
I braved the scales this morning and I'm 11st8lb, not quite as bad as I thought! My end goal had always been 10st, but I'm not sure if I'll look ill if I loose that much. It's very much trial and error!
I look forward to sharing encouragement and success with you all.
For now I'll sign off and avoid the chocolate cake that a colleague has bought in today!
Welcome to our dieting thread Stacy, it sounds like you know what you're doing and know your target too Good Luck

Old 02-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #20
LunaMini
Believing is just the beginning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymouse View Post
Woohoo !! another loss, well done, you've done so well

Welcome to our dieting thread Stacy, it sounds like you know what you're doing and know your target too Good Luck
Thank you!

I'm terrible at going off target, but I'm hoping by joining in here that you'll keep me all on target. If I can get to my 10st target by the time I go to DLP for my birthday next year I'll be a very happy bunny!
October 2010 - Magical Mini Adventure - Hotel Cheyenne
July 2012 - Magical Mini Adventure - Hotel Santa Fe
March 2014 - Birthday Treat - Disneyland Hotel!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #21
Legend1
Earning My Ears

hope you don't mind me joining in.

I managed to loose 8lbs in January which I was thrilled about. I am well on course to loosing my planned 14lbs by April 30th if I can loose more great.

I would be happy for Feb if I can carry on with a steady weight loss of 2lbs a week.

Not following a diet as such just using My Fitness Pal to count calories on iPhone and started walking to work instead of catching the bus

Old 02-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #22
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend1 View Post
hope you don't mind me joining in.

I managed to loose 8lbs in January which I was thrilled about. I am well on course to loosing my planned 14lbs by April 30th if I can loose more great.

I would be happy for Feb if I can carry on with a steady weight loss of 2lbs a week.

Not following a diet as such just using My Fitness Pal to count calories on iPhone and started walking to work instead of catching the bus
Welcome to our dieting thread Legend1. Well done on your January loss Good Luck over the next month, and I hope you reach your target by the end of April

Old 02-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #23
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Welcome to everyone who's joined the club!

I've had my first February weigh-in and despite a small loss, it's all good. Better than putting on is the way I'm looking at it. February's first weigh-in was 0.6lb loss...I guess the naughty cake from the coffee shop at weekend didn't help....oops!

Onto week two of Feb...under calorie goal for today and it's time to check out the kick-boxing club tomorrow

Good Luck to all this week...will keep popping by to see how everyone's getting along...thanks for the extra support guys & girls!
Old 02-06-2013, 12:49 AM   #24
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks1984 View Post
Welcome to everyone who's joined the club!

I've had my first February weigh-in and despite a small loss, it's all good. Better than putting on is the way I'm looking at it. February's first weigh-in was 0.6lb loss...I guess the naughty cake from the coffee shop at weekend didn't help....oops!

Onto week two of Feb...under calorie goal for today and it's time to check out the kick-boxing club tomorrow

Good Luck to all this week...will keep popping by to see how everyone's getting along...thanks for the extra support guys & girls!
Well done on another loss Rachel, every little bit counts Have fun at kick boxing

Old 02-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #25
pampat
Never Forget: It was all started by a Mouse!

Easy as it would be to not post today, I'm fessing up. I put half a pound on this week. I WILL get rid of it and more next week.

Pam
Old 02-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #26
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

I lost 2lbs this week, making my total now 21lbs. Ive also now met my first WW target of a 10% loss.

My next mini goal is to get to 2 stone lost before my trip to Centre parks in 5 weeks. 7lbs to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampat
Easy as it would be to not post today, I'm fessing up. I put half a pound on this week. I WILL get rid of it and more next week.

Pam
Hugs! Half a pound is not too bad, im sure you'll have a good result next week
Old 02-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #27
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampat View Post

Pam
Sorry about the slight weight gain Pam Good Luck for next week hun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster View Post
I lost 2lbs this week, making my total now 21lbs. Ive also now met my first WW target of a 10% loss.

My next mini goal is to get to 2 stone lost before my trip to Centre parks in 5 weeks. 7lbs to go
Well done Laura Fingers crossed you reach your next goal in time for your trip to Centre Parks

Old 02-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #28
pampat
Never Forget: It was all started by a Mouse!

Thanks Mandy. I'm working hard on staying on track.

Pam
Old 02-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #29
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampat View Post

Pam
Well done for posting Pam! Takes a lot to do that As the others have said, half a lb isn't too much, so hopefully you'll be rid again next time you weigh in. Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster View Post

Well done Laura! That's great! Good luck on reaching you're next goal! Which Center Parcs are you heading too? I LOVE going to CP...no trips this year, but we're usually there once a year
Old 02-08-2013, 02:12 AM   #30
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks1984

Well done for posting Pam! Takes a lot to do that As the others have said, half a lb isn't too much, so hopefully you'll be rid again next time you weigh in. Good Luck!

Well done Laura! That's great! Good luck on reaching you're next goal! Which Center Parcs are you heading too? I LOVE going to CP...no trips this year, but we're usually there once a year
Going to the Longleat one as we specifically wanted to visit the Safari park and drive down to Bath for a day. I've read it's quite hilly so I've booked a villa really close to the centre

Its our first trip so I'm really looking forward to it. Not looking forward to how much stuff I need to squeeze into the car for 2 little kids though LOL!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: