Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
goofygurlie
Wag and the world wags with you...Howl and they put you outside.

Fantasy May 17, 2014 Come Along And Ride on a Fantastic Voyage!

Has anyone else booked this trip? Hope so! I experienced my first FE this year and looking forward to another.

Anyone?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 02-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #3
goofygurlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCowboy
I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Thank you, Irish Cowboy!

Old 02-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

We're going!! We haven't booked yet (waiting for our Tax Return!), but hopefully by the end of the week! This will be our first cruise and we are super excited!! I'm so glad we have someone to talk to about it!

JavArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
goofygurlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy
We're going!! We haven't booked yet (waiting for our Tax Return!), but hopefully by the end of the week! This will be our first cruise and we are super excited!! I'm so glad we have someone to talk to about it!
Yayyyyy!! I was beginning to believe that we would have the ship to ourselves and that would be no fun!! Welcome aboard!!

~ Laura

Old 02-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #6
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Thanks! It's killing me to have so much time between when we book and when we go!! We've been watching movies on youtube, and I've been planning crafts to keep myself busy. I do taxes, so I will be busy with work until April, but i'm hoping to do some crafts this summer. I'm gonna make some magnets for our door and some t-shirts.

My parents may also come with my little sister, but they haven't decided for sure yet. We are going to celebrate my 30th birthday (May 18) and my son's 8th birthday (May 20th). When I saw the dates for this cruise I knew it was fate

I see you have been on a cruise before. Do you have any planning tips or anything for us?

Old 02-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #7
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Well, we got our tax refund, now we are just waiting for a few TAs to get back to us so we know who we wanna book through. Did you use a TA? What about the last time you cruised? What was your experiance? I'm a bit nervous about using one (i like to be in total control) but the OBC is too much to pass up. Just wondering how you felt about it all

Old 02-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #8
BWVPam
Loves being at WDW!

I just put my deposit down today. We haven't cruised since 2006 so I am really excited to be on the Fantasy. We booked the deluxe family oceanview stateroom on Deck 7. My best friend and her daughter will also be going along and will be two doors down from us.

Our kids are all grown, but will still join us. Son will be 23 and daughter 19 when we go on this cruise, but they still wanted Disney

Can't wait to start the planning

BWVPam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #9
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWVPam View Post
I just put my deposit down today. We haven't cruised since 2006 so I am really excited to be on the Fantasy. We booked the deluxe family oceanview stateroom on Deck 7. My best friend and her daughter will also be going along and will be two doors down from us.

Our kids are all grown, but will still join us. Son will be 23 and daughter 19 when we go on this cruise, but they still wanted Disney

Can't wait to start the planning

Wahoo!! Our group has grown to 3!! That's neat that your kids and friends will be going! My parents were going to go as well, but I have a 14 year old sister and the cruise is the week before finals, so my mom doesn't want to pull her from school.

Did you use a TA for this trip? This whole TA business makes me nervous and I would feel better if i knew more about others experiances.

My other concern, trip insurance. I will address that fear at a later time, haha!

Old 02-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #10
BWVPam
Loves being at WDW!

Yes did use a TA. send me a private message if you like. Too good of a inboard credit to pass up. Using a new TA but the on board credit was way more

I have always booked insurance in the past and have gone through insure my trip. Hope that helps

BWVPam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #11
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Okay!! Deposit made, room reserved! We are on deck 7, deluxe w/ varanda! We also got a sweet OBC!! I have been looking at dining rotations, starting to look at shore excursions, and thinking about what things I wanna make/buy for the trip!!

I wish we didn't have so long till we go!

I will be making pillowcases for my kids, wave phone holders for my husband and I, and some t-shirts maybe.

It will be my birthday on May 18, and my sons on May 20th, so I may make birthday tees.

Am I the only one looking for things to plan?? I don't know how people can book trips this far out! I'm gonna go crazy (and drive my husband crazy in the process, haha!)

Old 02-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #12
chasingthedream
Mouseketeer

Count us in!

We will be joining.... I think. We have this cruise booked, but I am having a little anxiety about taking my son out of school for a week.

JavArmy, I see you are celebrating your son's birthday. My son will turn 8 at the beginning of May. We have this vacation planned as a celebration as well. Are you worried about school? We took a cruise for his 5th birthday, but that was pre-Kindergarten, so I didn't have the same concerns...
Old 02-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #13
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthedream View Post
We will be joining.... I think. We have this cruise booked, but I am having a little anxiety about taking my son out of school for a week.

JavArmy, I see you are celebrating your son's birthday. My son will turn 8 at the beginning of May. We have this vacation planned as a celebration as well. Are you worried about school? We took a cruise for his 5th birthday, but that was pre-Kindergarten, so I didn't have the same concerns...
I was really worried about pulling him from school the first time we did (september of 2012), but everything worked out just fine. The teacher didn't think I was a horrible person, I didn't get dirty looks from other parents, it all just worked out nicely. I figure at this age they aren't missing too much and my son does good in school anyway, he's usually a bit ahead, so that makes me feel better.

I feel like if I always wait till the *perfect* time to take a vacation, it will never come. There will always be a reason not too: school, money, should visit family...etc...etc...

I feel like I'm teaching my kids the importance of family and how important it is to take time out to be one.

Okay, I'll get off my soap box now

Old 02-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #14
chasingthedream
Mouseketeer

Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
I feel like if I always wait till the *perfect* time to take a vacation, it will never come. There will always be a reason not too: school, money, should visit family...etc...etc...

I feel like I'm teaching my kids the importance of family and how important it is to take time out to be one.
Thanks for the perspective. My son is my little buddy. We do a lot in the beautiful city of Seattle together, like going to plays and museums. I think those kinds of experiences are important for kids. My son is also doing really well in school so I am sure his academics won't suffer. I will just let his teacher know at the beginning of the year what we have planned. I was seriously stressed out about it. Thanks again for helping to calm those fears!
chasingthedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #15
goofygurlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthedream

I have taken my kids out of school several times for vacations, when they were young. I talked with their teachers and made sure there were no tests and would be able to make up any work they missed. We will be celebrating my son's birthday at the beginning of May as well. He will be 22 and still loves Disney. I guess I raised him right. Lol!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: