Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #91
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Vicky - Thanks for all your work compiling points for everyone!

Kipp - More Pixie Dust for finding the right bike!

AFM - Got in dog walk, weights and spin bike yesterday, still ate too much junk food.

Pixie dust to all who are in need!

Have a great day team!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #92
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Scott is improving daily. Today is snowing and blowing, so do not think the dogs will get their dog walk today. We are supposed to go to a live show of "Beauty and the Beast" this afternoon, hope driving conditions improve by then.

Have a great day team!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #93
RadioFanatic
Mouseketeer
SO not a jewelry gal
I would like to introduce dh and myself - Doofus and Sleezy Chuckledoodle

Glad to hear the good news Lynn and congrats to Rebecca for finishing the princess! And great job everyone on your weekly points/weight loss !

RadioFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #94
bunnyfoo
It's Monday and my mind was somewhere else
Never hopes to dream though

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I just finished making my lunches for the week, 2 breakfast shakes and prepping dinner for two nights. Phew! It probably wasn't the best idea after a LR but Sunday is the easiest day for me to get it all done

Lynn - Glad to hear that Scott is on the mend! Stay warm this weekend and I hope you're able to get into town for the show!

Elizabeth - The Quinoa and Almond salad sounds yummy! What's in it? WTG on the 35 points You rocked it! You'll rid of that weight gain next week for sure!

Kimberly - You also killed it on points! That's fantastic

Kipp - Yikes! I'm glad that all that happened was bruising and some discomfort. I've read about some pretty nasty bike accidents. Getting hit by a car would and is my biggest worry. I live in the city too so there aren't too many country roads close by.

AFM - I got in a 1.5 hour workout at the gym on Saturday. It was snowy so I think it kept a lot of people away. I had a ton of room and didn't have to swap with anyone else who was working on machines. I made sure I got in a good mix of core, arms, legs and metabolic exercises.

I got back home and started to make a cake but realized I after I started laying ingredients out that I didn't have butter or buttermilk. (WTG Vicky!) I had cream so I ended up making my own butter and buttermilk LOL It was late and I didn't want to drive to the 24 hour supermarket.

Today, I got in a 6 mile run. It was snowy and windy but I got it done. Glad that none of the snow stuck to the ground. The 6 miler felt pretty long though.

Have a great evening everyone!

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

bunnyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:06 AM   #95
bunnyfoo

Happy birthday Kim!!

Hope you're having an awesome day

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

Old 02-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #96
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Vicky - We did brave the snow to drive to town for “Beauty and the Beast”, it was a great show. Good job on the Sat. workout!

Kim - Happy Birthday Kim!

Kimberly - Thanks!

AFM - I got in 30 min on the spin bike, and some stretching exercises (and the planks). Today will be busy with running Scott to PT, then for blood test, then I have some errands to run. Now that snow and wind have quit, need to shovel some snow. Because of the wind, we have a few drifts around.

Have a great day team!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #97
es45
DIS Veteran

Happy birthday to Kim!

Vicky: Here is the recipe I used as a base for the quinoa salad. I skipped the oil and the cranberries and I reduced the salt. I added a bit of ginger, lemon juice, and bell pepper. Great job on the Saturday workout!

Lynn: Glad to hear that Scott is doing well.

Rebecca: Way to go on the race! Looking forward to the trip report!

Kipp: Glad the bike incident wasn't more serious. I cannot imagine how scary that must of been. Do you wear a Road ID bracelet?

AFM: heading to the gym tonight!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #98
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Elizabeth - Recipe sounds good, was the ginger you added ginger root or powered ginger in dressing?

AFM - Beautiful day yesterday, really enjoyed dog walk, even rode bike to mailbox for mail! Today woke up to snow and high wind, but it has calmed down a bit now. I have some errands to run, so will see what afternoon is like.

Have a great day team!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #99
bunnyfoo

Hi team! Happy Wednesday!

Lynn - Glad you made it into town for Beauty and the Beast Good job on Monday's workout! Do you still have snow on the ground? We got a few inches last night but it was wet snow so it was heavy and slushy. I'll bet your pups are still loving the cold weather! Say hi to Scott for us

Elizabeth - Thanks for the recipe! I might give it a try this weekend and make up a batch for lunches next week. How was your gym workout?

AFM - I cut back my training sessions to 30 minutes so I can save up for a bike. I did 30 minutes with my chiro and then 30 minutes on my own at the gym on Monday. Yesterday I did 3 miles so that I could avoid running on the TM or outside today. Lots of big puddles and I got my shoes thoroughly soaked but looking outside, I'm glad I got it done.

It looks like the winners from last week were:

Points - Elizabeth @ 35
Weight - Me @ -1.74%

This Friday will be March 1st which means we've been at this challenge for a month. I'll post the percentages for the weekly loss as well as for the month so you can all see how you've done so far! So let's get in those extra workouts before Friday!

Old 02-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #100
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Afternoon Team!

Vicky - Good job on weight loss!

We got another 1.5 inches of snow yesterday - I was out again today shoveling, it drifted more than usual across the driveway, so I knocked down the drift a bit. Today is windy, but I did get dogs for a walk, wind chill index was -.8 degrees F! Tomorrow is a trip to Ft Collins, CO for Scott's check up, expect to get staples out of his knee. We will see if Scott is released to drive, so we can plan for my surgery on Monday.

Pixie Dust to all who are in need!

Have a great day team!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #101
bunnyfoo

Lynn - Thanks! I'm really hoping to get back down to 130 by the time I'm off to the Nike Women's Half at the end of April. I cut out a lot of snacking, increased my veggie and protein and cut waaay back on eating out. That seems to have made the biggest difference for me Knock on wood anyway

Hope the appointment goes well for Scott! Keep us posted

AFM - Yesterday was a rest day for me. It worked out since we had a dumping of heavy, wet, slushy snow in the morning. I definitely wouldn't have wanted to go out running after work. We got more snow overnight but the cleanup crews seemed to have made their rounds so hopefully the sidewalks will stay clear for tonight. If they are, I'll go out for a 3.5 miler.

Hope everyone is doing well with their exercise and eating! Ask questions if you're not sure about something. We're all here to help each other out Don't forget that tomorrow we're weighing in and doing points! We'll have been at this for a month so get those numbers in and let's see how you've done!

Old 02-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #102
bunnyfoo

The new thread for March is up:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47661643

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: