Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #16
MummyMinnie
Mouseketeer

Santa Fe DOES have bunk beds as we've stayed in a room with them, I know they're not in every room but they are available.
August 2008 - Citea Magny le Hongre
January 2009 - Santa Fe
July 2009 - Kyriad

January 2010 - Santa Fe

October 2010 (Halloweeeeen) - Kyriad
April 2011 Explorers / Santa Fe
June 2012 - Chanteloup on Brie/Explorers
August 2012 - Serris apartments

May 2013 - Explorers
May 2014 Novotel Collegien/Magic Circus
MummyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #17
NewbieMouse
DIS Veteran

Geez.... the Sequoia Lodge looks kinda nice too.... I can see this is about to get out of hand.
Christmas 2012 - BWPPI for 3 days
July 2013 - Disneyland Paris @ Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest
Christmas 2013 - BWPPI for 3 days
Christmas 2014 - BWPPI for 4 days
NewbieMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #18
ben1993
DIS Veteran

Sequoia Lodge is really nice! It's officially a "moderate" but it's practically deluxe IMO. Cheyenne is great for a value option though.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #19
NewbieMouse
DIS Veteran

I just assumed they all had a pool. I thought we could arrive at check-in time the day before, go to Disney village, and then swim in the pool. Is an extra 97 Euros worth it? I just don't know!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #20
NewbieMouse
DIS Veteran

I'm starting to wonder if the Davy Crockett Ranch might be a better choice - we have a car - is that it's only major downside?
Old 02-03-2013, 04:51 AM   #21
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieMouse View Post
I'm starting to wonder if the Davy Crockett Ranch might be a better choice - we have a car - is that it's only major downside?
if you have a car the Davy Crockett Ranch isn't a problem at all - it has all the facilities of the onsite hotels, but its self catering (and has a really good buffet dinner restaurant onsite too).

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:46 AM   #22
liesbeth1012
Mouseketeer

Hi,
Here some answers from a Disneyland Paris expert. We live in the Netherlands and have been to DLP since 1994.

Compare the prices of the room only + one day ticket bought on the entree. with a arrangement of 1 night + 2 day hopper ticket (that could be cheaper)
In the summer season the park(s) will be open till midnight, and if you arrive in the afternoon you can still going into the parks and see the late show (Dreams) and see the park at night.
You have to make adventage of the EMH the next day. Ask for breakfast in the park instead of the hotel. You can go 1 till 2 hours before normal opening hours in the park (discoveryland and fantasyland) and do the rides. And then you can have your breakfast in the restaurant that is on your voucher. Yes the breakfast is include with the hotels. (breakfast in the park is limited).

Fastpass. You have to use the fastpass in the returntime. This is a half hour. We never knew that you didn't do that in WDW or Disneyland CA. We arrived in WDW always in the window time. I heard that you don't had to go in the windowtime when it was suspended.
So you can plan your visit, but had to be flexible about fastpass returntime.

And July 15/16 can be very crowded. In France july 14th is a national holliday. So I advice you to concider to have the 1 night + 2 day pass.

Coming
WBTA 2014 Disney Magic 9/6-9/20 2014
EBTA 2015 Disney Magic 5/19-5/30 2015 (+WDW before)
WBTA 2015 Disney Magic 9/19 - 9/30 2015
Last
Disney Cruise Bahamas 9/22-9/26 2013 Disney Dream+Walt Disney World 9/26-10/9 2013 Port Orleans Riverside
Disneyland Paris 12/30 2012 - 01/02/2013 Hotel New York
Hawaicruise 14-28 oct 2012 Disney Wonder+Los Angeles 10/6-10/9 2012+Disneyland10/9-10/14 2012
Disney Cruise Transatlantic Barcelona-Port Canaveral 10/9-24/9 2011 Disney Magic+Walt Disney World 24/9-2/10 2011 Caribbean Beach Resort
Disneyland Paris more than 10 times from 1994
liesbeth1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #23
DLPdaft
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

just a couple more points at the Davy Crockett ranch if you're considering that one - you don't get breakfast included there anymore, and you can't ask for breakfast in the park from that accommodation.

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
Old 02-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #24
NewbieMouse
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the help. The room only for 1 night at the Cheyenne is 229 Euros. The tickets (if I buy it before March 27) would be 222 Euros for the 4 of us. If I want to go for two days, it looks like it would just be cheaper to buy 2 of the 20th anniversary tickets rather than 1 2-day ticket, which is strange. So separately it's 451 Euros for 1 night & 1-day, 719 for 1 night & 2 days. The package for 1 night and 2 days is 874, so unless there is something special about the packages that I don't know, it's better to book separately, right? In all cases, the ranch is looking like a more expensive option, so I think I should stick with Cheyenne.

The breakfast thing is interesting - so what you're saying is that we should take the breakfast in the park option and just eat after the EMH is over? That sounds like a great idea as from what I understand the hotel breakfast lines are a nightmare.

I really, really appreciate the experience and advice of veterans - thank you!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #25
DLPdaft
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thank you for the help. The room only for 1 night at the Cheyenne is 229 Euros. The tickets (if I buy it before March 27) would be 222 Euros for the 4 of us. If I want to go for two days, it looks like it would just be cheaper to buy 2 of the 20th anniversary tickets rather than 1 2-day ticket, which is strange. So separately it's 451 Euros for 1 night & 1-day, 719 for 1 night & 2 days. The package for 1 night and 2 days is 874, so unless there is something special about the packages that I don't know, it's better to book separately, right? In all cases, the ranch is looking like a more expensive option, so I think I should stick with Cheyenne.

The breakfast thing is interesting - so what you're saying is that we should take the breakfast in the park option and just eat after the EMH is over? That sounds like a great idea as from what I understand the hotel breakfast lines are a nightmare.

I really, really appreciate the experience and advice of veterans - thank you!
you don't get anything extra buying a package over booking the hotel separately and then sorting out your own park tickets, so if its cheaper to do it separately, do that .

Are any of your party children, if so how old are they? Just thinking about possibly cheaper park ticket options for you (and to be honest I think paying 229 euros for one night in the Cheyenne is very expensive, but if you're certain you want onsite, I guess you'd have to pay that price ).

If you stay at the Santa Fe, Cheyenne, Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay Club hotels, you can ask at your hotel reception to have breakfast in the park instead of at your hotel. However, you can't book this ahead of check-in, and its not available every day. So if you are thinking of this, I'd treat is as a possible extra, not a definite. You get timeslots for this breakfast in the park, and yes, if you take a 9.15 or 9.30am timeslot, you can do the quietest hour of EMH (from 8am to 9am) then have breakfast without leaving the park.

Elaine
Old 02-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #26
NewbieMouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
you don't get anything extra buying a package over booking the hotel separately and then sorting out your own park tickets, so if its cheaper to do it separately, do that .

Are any of your party children, if so how old are they? Just thinking about possibly cheaper park ticket options for you (and to be honest I think paying 229 euros for one night in the Cheyenne is very expensive, but if you're certain you want onsite, I guess you'd have to pay that price ).

If you stay at the Santa Fe, Cheyenne, Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay Club hotels, you can ask at your hotel reception to have breakfast in the park instead of at your hotel. However, you can't book this ahead of check-in, and its not available every day. So if you are thinking of this, I'd treat is as a possible extra, not a definite. You get timeslots for this breakfast in the park, and yes, if you take a 9.15 or 9.30am timeslot, you can do the quietest hour of EMH (from 8am to 9am) then have breakfast without leaving the park.
I know, it's very expensive! Sequoia is 329 Euros, so I'm not sure if that's worth it. That's why I'm trying to keep it to one night. That way I get the EMH, since it will likely be very busy. If I can keep my car parked there for my check out day and can check my luggage at the hotel, then that next night we'll just stay offsite somewhere very cheap. So far the only way I can see booking just the room for 1 night is expedia.co.uk. Are there other places people know of? I wonder if I called Disney if they would do it directly?

How I wish my daughters were 7 right now! They are 9. We are not big on shows, and probably especially not if there would be a language barrier - so it will be rides, rides, rides - that's why the EMH could be so valuable for us.

We don't mind getting up very early to have breakfast at the hotel if necessary before EMH starts if there is a 7 am slot available. Normally in California we eat very early, go through security, and then wait for the gates to open. We love the countdown part. Getting up early doesn't phase us!
Old 02-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #27
DLPdaft
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I know, it's very expensive! Sequoia is 329 Euros, so I'm not sure if that's worth it. That's why I'm trying to keep it to one night. That way I get the EMH, since it will likely be very busy. If I can keep my car parked there for my check out day and can check my luggage at the hotel, then that next night we'll just stay offsite somewhere very cheap. So far the only way I can see booking just the room for 1 night is expedia.co.uk. Are there other places people know of? I wonder if I called Disney if they would do it directly?

How I wish my daughters were 7 right now! They are 9. We are not big on shows, and probably especially not if there would be a language barrier - so it will be rides, rides, rides - that's why the EMH could be so valuable for us.

We don't mind getting up very early to have breakfast at the hotel if necessary before EMH starts if there is a 7 am slot available. Normally in California we eat very early, go through security, and then wait for the gates to open. We love the countdown part. Getting up early doesn't phase us!
maybe this is not going to suit you guys at all - but the Kyriad hotel at Disneyland Paris is only £100 for your night on travelrepublic (ie about half the price of the Cheyenne). This hotel has a free shuttle bus to the parks all day and evening, just like the onsite hotels. You won't get EMH, but you will have the main park open until at least 11pm for rides, and the rides which are open in EMH (its not all of them, its only 6-8 rides in the whole park) you can do later in the evening, before Dreams begins. My daughter is 11 now, but even when she was 9 and we had access to EMH we didn't always bother with it.
If you get there in the afternoon on your first day until 11pm, and have all day from 10am on your 2nd day for the rides (don't discount the shows, neither my daughter nor I speak French and we always do the shows) you'll get loads done with a little planning.

The Kyriad, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, and Explorers hotels at DLP are partner/associated hotels, so just like the onsite hotels, you can store your luggage and leave your car for free at your hotel on your check-out day.

Elaine
Old 02-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #28
Plaid Princess
Recovering CM, Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorhunhe View Post
Obviously, when you take a fastpass, you are expected to be there between the times given on the ticket

It's not fair to everyone else who are there on time, if you show up late and squeeze in.
(but that's just my honest opinion, because I've seen many people try over the years)
It does create longer lines in the FP queue when this happens, it's one of the reasons the parks are starting to crack down on enforcing window times.

Plaid Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #29
DLPdaft
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

I also wouldn't buy any park tickets yet for a July visit - I see there are some "free child under 12" tickets on the French version of the DLP site when you buy one-day tickets from them, now it may be because its up to March (typically under-12s free season) that they include a free child, but there may also be reduced tickets later on for July? Maybe not, I don't know I'm afraid.

Elaine
Old 02-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #30
NewbieMouse
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the tip about the tickets - I will wait on that!

I think we will just do one day as my husband might have a heart attack if I buy a 2-day ticket (it's a real concession for him to go at all; he think the idea of going to Disneyland while we're in Europe is ludicrous, but he's willing to humour me for one day).

One last thing - on your check out day, you can definitely leave your car parked in the hotel parking lot the whole day, correct? Or do you need to move it? That would be a pain, especially if we then had to pay to park in the main lot.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: