Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
lundve
DIS Veteran

Questions about the Jet Skis at Castaway

1. I was shocked to see that my 8 year old son can join us on the Jet Ski adventure as a double rider. What is the youngest you have ever let your child do this and is it safe?

2. If our party of nine books two doubles and two singles for 6 of us that want to try this - is it ok if the names don't match up on the booking? I.E. can people double up that are signed up as a single and could my hubby ride as single if he is signed up as a double. The fact that some of us are gold and some silver is making it hard to make all the ressies yet for us.

lundve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
ColoradoDisneyFreaks
DIS Veteran

I can't answer question #2, as I've never done the excursion, but we've had jet ski/waverunners pretty much since the kids were born, and they've ridden them since they were 2 or so. At first in front of me or my DH, albeit at a very slow speed, and then as they got older, behind me or my DH. Now, they like to ride and have us try and throw them off, jump wakes, etc. They never ride without a life vest, and have never been hurt.

The greatest danger on a PWC is collisions, as long as your careful to avoid hitting anything they'll be fine. Also remember, PWCs, boats, any watercraft basically, have no brakes! So just letting go of the throttle doesn't mean you stop, it just means you start slowing down. On the opposite side, if you're cruising along at 40MPH, and then suddenly let go of the throttle, water is a great buffer and you slow down very fast! So if you're going fast, ease up on the throttle first before letting go.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: