Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #16
owensdad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney4kidz View Post
Thank you very much guys for all your help. I have just had a look at the Thomas Cook vouchers and as long as i book in before end of sept 2013, i'm fine.

@ jill - would i be able to book these hotels via thomas cook?

@ isila - sorry, but surely these are expensive?

@ owensdad - thanks for the recommendation. my youngest has a heart condition, but otherwise she is fit and able to do everything, so would not require special adaptations. Any room will be fine for her...only thing is that we can quickly get to hospital incase of emergencies.

@ jonjo - thanks very much for those, but would i be able to take out travel insurance and use these hospitals?
I think you missed my point, with there being 6 of you in your party you would normally need 2 rooms in a Disney hotel, the exception is that Sequoia Lodge have adapted rooms which are the same price as a single room except its twice the size and you can all stay together and pay just the single room rate, as your daughter has a heart condition you would be entitled to this room, even though my son is severely disabled we really don't make use of the facilities in the room much as they are just not suited to his needs anyway, but its a great way to save money.
owensdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #17
disney4kidz
Earning My Ears

Carrie_Cat - Cheers! I will be taking travel insurance, so do hospitals in france expect the patient to have travel insurance cover?

Jill - Thanks!

Zavandor - What hotels (not too expensive!) can you recommend that do have the "Disney Magic"?

Owensdad - Is the Sequoia Lodge within Disneyland Park? Does it have the "Disney magic"?
disney4kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #18
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Carrie_Cat - Cheers! I will be taking travel insurance, so do hospitals in france expect the patient to have travel insurance cover?

Jill - Thanks!

Zavandor - What hotels (not too expensive!) can you recommend that do have the "Disney Magic"?

Owensdad - Is the Sequoia Lodge within Disneyland Park? Does it have the "Disney magic"?
yes, the Sequoia Lodge is an onsite hotel, full of Disney magic .
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun, December 14 HNY
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #19
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

Quote:
Private ones such as the American hospital do - they will bill you first and you have to claim it back if you can.

The insurance is there in case you have to be flown home for example which the EHIC doesn't cover or if you need someone to stay longterm with the patient in the country you are visiting as they can't be moved - that sort of thing

A public hospital will treat you and either the papers you have will cover costs or you will be billed later a nominal fee - 23€ for a consultation for example which you can get back from the NHS

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthc...einFrance.aspx

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #20
owensdad
Mouseketeer

Sequoia Lodge is one of the main Disney hotels on the resort, has all the Disney magic you would expect, its a wonderful hotel and the staff are excellent, they always have Disney characters there too, its based in the Disney Village and is a few mins walk to both parks. In your situation it would be ideal due to the adapted room accomodating all of you yet you will pay just a single room rate, its the only Disney hotel with these types of room and they only have 6 I think, if you stayed in any of the other Disney hotels you would need 2 rooms and this makes it hugely expensive.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 02-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #21
disney4kidz
Earning My Ears

@ Carrie_Cat - Thanks very much for the useful info.

@ DLPdaft and Owensdad - Thanks for the recommendation of Sequoia Lodge. I tried to see the cost of getting a room for everyone, but i got this error:-

"[7014] The people in your party cannot all be accommodated in the same room or hotel category selected. The hotels listed below can accommodate your entire party in the same room. However, if you prefer several rooms for your family, please telephone our call centre on 08448 008 898 *calls cost 5p/min from a BT landline, other networks may vary. Lines are open seven days a week. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training purposes."

....Looks like i'll have to give them a call then?
Old 02-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #22
owensdad
Mouseketeer

We've always booked it via our travel agent, they are very good with Disney and Eurostar and have never let us down yet, superb prices great service, pretty sure the adapted rooms are not widely advertised as there aren't that many but I would definately enquire via your travel agent as they should be able to sort it.

For your info, our booking for a party of 3 adults and 2 children, 9 days at the Sequoia Lodge adapted room, half board meal vouchers for everyone and first class Eurostar there and back to London was just over £3000, very good price I think.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #23
disney4kidz
Earning My Ears

Thats a good price owensdad. Although i'm going to be going via airline as i'm up north and it will be much shorter journey and less stress this way.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #24
disney4kidz
Earning My Ears

Hi again everyone!

How are you? I hope your all doing fine and well. You must be wondering what happened with my holiday booking, but I haven't been very well, so I couldn't book it in. Today though i went down to Thomas Cook and spoke the staff. They recommended me several options, but highly recommended either the Explorer hotel or the Raddison Blu Hotel or lastly the Santa Fe. I don't know which one to go for, but here are the offers:

OFFER 1:-
Trip Length - 29/7/13 to 02/08/13 - 4 Nights (Becomes 5 days if you include travelling)
Travel via - Coach from Leeds to Dover, Ferry to Calais, Coach to Paris
Hotel - Explorer - 2 rooms (B&B) + Free Shuttle Bus service every 10 mins
Trip includes: 1 of the days will have a coach trip to Paris
£2156.00

OFFER 2:-
Trip Dates & Length - 29/7/13 to 02/08/13 - 4 Nights (Becomes 5 days if you include travelling)
Travel via: GOLDCREST - Coach from Leeds to Dover, Ferry to Calais, Coach to Paris
Hotel: Raddison Blu - 2 rooms (B&B) + Free Shuttle Bus service every 10 mins
Trip includes: 1 of the days will have a coach trip to Paris
£2194.00

OFFER 3:-
Trip Dates & Length - 25/7/13 to 29/08/13 - 4 Nights (Becomes 5 days if you include travelling)
Travel via: AIR FRANCE - Flight from Manchester to Paris
Hotel: Santa Fe- 2 rooms (B&B) within walking distance
Trip includes: N/A
£2738.00

OFFER 4:-
Trip Dates & Length - 29/7/13 to 02/08/13 - 4 Nights (Becomes 5 days if you include travelling)
Travel via: AIR FRANCE - Flight from Manchester to Paris
Hotel: Explorers- 1 Family room (B&B) within walking distance
Trip includes: N/A
£3116.00

I really don't know what to do....I'm torn between coach or flight and either a basic hotel or the better ones. Is a coach journey a bad idea with a young child?
Old 02-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #25
zinderella
Surely they make special allowances for mad Mummys

Personally I would do Santa Fe with flights, because:
1. It's a Disney Hotel, which means you get to go into the park earlier (from 8am, before the crowds arrive at 10)
2. The rooms have been refurbished recently
3. It's nice not to have to rely on shuttle buses to the parks.
4. I think such a long coach journey would be awful!

Good luck with your booking!

Trip Report 2010-Day 1 Day 2 Day 3

2007 Halloween- Santa Fe, 2009 May 1/2 Term- Newport Bay, 2010 Halloween- Sequoia Lodge, 2010 Christmas - Newport Bay (the trip we Won!) 2012 June 1/2 Term - Sequoia Lodge, 2013 May 1/2 term - Newport Bay
zinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #26
disney4kidz
Earning My Ears

Thanks zinderella! You've made it much easier for me to choose. If I went with Santa Fe, i have choices of B&B or HB or FB food/drinks. My questions are:-

1. Do they have any veggy or halal options?
2. If I wanted to leave the park and visit paris for a day, how would i do this? what buses would i catch? how would i get back into the park? and would i have to queue to get back in?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: