Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

Who ever said January was LOW season?? :) UPDATED 2/15/13!

Hi everyone!

We just got back from a 5 day, 4 night trip to WDW (January 21-25) and had a great time! Some of you know me as PiscesAngel, others just as a Disney Fanatic!

The who:

My DS, 13, also loves Disney, the Nightmare Before Christmas and video gaming!

My DD, 20, nearly rivals me for the title of Disney Fanatic, also LOVES to sing! (mayyy be some foreshadowing here!)

Then there is me, 36, and Disney fan for my whole life. I've been 15+ times and can't wait to start making plans to go again!

We stayed in a Royal Room at POR and we rented a car... up next... the first day!

Last edited by PISCESANGEL; 02-15-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Hi!!! I hope you don't mind me joining your report! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

Our day started with breakfast for the three of us at Bob Evans. We went with my boyfriend and my daughter's boyfriend, both of which were taking us to the airport. As we were sitting there eating we noticed that it had started to snow. I was so happy we were about to get out of dodge before it got bad!

We made it to the airport and our flight was ontime other than a few minutes to de-ice the plane.

We had a beautiful view once we got up above the clouds!

Me and my girl, excited and ready to get there:

We've arrived!

Once we arrived we got our rental car, and went straight over to our home away from home...

We got checked in and couldn't wait to see what the new Royal Rooms looked like!

Up next, we're heading to Downtown Disney for some shopping and Raglan Road- yum!!

I apologize in advance that all of my pictures were taken on my phone, so I'm making the best of what I have!

Old 01-31-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Hi!!! I hope you don't mind me joining your report! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!
I don't mind at all- I'm happy to have a reader!!

Old 01-31-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
Roccosmom
Mouseketeer

Hi I'm here to follow along on your trip report! Can't wait to hear more... We were at BCV 1/24 - 1/30.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #6
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccosmom
Hi I'm here to follow along on your trip report! Can't wait to hear more... We were at BCV 1/24 - 1/30.
Thank you so much for joining!! ::

Old 01-31-2013, 01:19 PM   #7
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

So we left off with us heading to Downtown Disney. We had an ADR for 6:45 so we had some time to look around.

As soon as we arrived at RR, I knew I needed to get things started off with a beer:

Next, we ordered our food. My DS had the steak with onion rings on top, my DD had the king cod and mashed potatoes, and I had the 'It's Not Bleedin' Chowder':

Can I tell you amazing that was? I HIGHLY recommend the chowder if you are into seafood at all. Soooo wonderful!

Then for dessert I had a pear pie of some sort with vanilla bean ice cream (I'm sorry that the name is escaping me but it was also wonderful!) My DS had the Dumbrody Kiss (his is in the background of my pic) and my DD had some sort of trifle:

After our meal, we were so stuffed! We had to go shopping and walk it off of course! We visited several of our usual favorite stores and stopped for a picture. It was time to head back and get some rest because the next day was looking like it would be extra busy with all we wanted to accomplish!

Will be back soon!

Old 01-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Joining. We are going to be at WDW from Jan 18-25th next year. We have never been in Jan before so looking forward to reading a report from pretty much the same time we will be going.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:43 PM   #9
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

WOOT! I'm here and subbing (and you better believe I'll be reading, even during my downtime on our trip!)

LOVE the title, btw, those were my EXACT sentiments last late January when we went! I'm trying to keep my expectations low this year and just plan for RD and using FP's as often as we can! Off to read and check out all the pics now!
Old 01-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #10
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracer9977 View Post
Joining. We are going to be at WDW from Jan 18-25th next year. We have never been in Jan before so looking forward to reading a report from pretty much the same time we will be going.
Thank you for joining!
Be prepared, we thought it would be warmer but we were definitely glad we had jeans and sweatshirts in the evening... though the hot tub after a long day was still nice and we stayed warm long enough to get back to our room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
WOOT! I'm here and subbing (and you better believe I'll be reading, even during my downtime on our trip!)

LOVE the title, btw, those were my EXACT sentiments last late January when we went! I'm trying to keep my expectations low this year and just plan for RD and using FP's as often as we can! Off to read and check out all the pics now!
Thank you so much for coming over to read! It will be short and sweet but we had some really magical moments that I was looking forward to sharing.
Please bare with me and my horrible photos!

Old 01-31-2013, 04:47 PM   #11
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Wow, you and your daughter look like SISTERS! What did you think about the royal rooms? Did you like them? I have Raglan Road on the next trip schedule (yes, the trip in OVER a year, after this one!)
Old 02-01-2013, 06:28 AM   #12
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Hi Carla! Looks like a fun time was had by all at DTD! At least I will get to go there during my mini trip to Orlando in March. I've never been to Raglan Road, although I've read some really nice reviews and your pictures look yummy!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #13
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Wow, you and your daughter look like SISTERS! What did you think about the royal rooms? Did you like them? I have Raglan Road on the next trip schedule (yes, the trip in OVER a year, after this one!)
Why thank you! We get told that we look like sisters alot- in fact there is a time during this trip we were told that by someone who works at Disney... you will all hear about that a little more later! We LOVED the Royal Rooms- they were absolutely beautiful and so thoroughly decorated. They really captured the magic with these rooms. My DS even commented that these were the best rooms we have stayed in yet, so they really weren't over the top princesses.

So glad to hear you have RR on your trip plans (it'll sneak up quick even if it is more than a year away!) You won't regret it- all 3 of us agreed it was one of our top meals on property. Very good quality and really good service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Hi Carla! Looks like a fun time was had by all at DTD! At least I will get to go there during my mini trip to Orlando in March. I've never been to Raglan Road, although I've read some really nice reviews and your pictures look yummy!
We really enjoy DTD, in fact we even talked about how it just isn't a trip to Disney World without it, and even if we couldn't go the parks we would still go there! I'm sure you will enjoy it too- it has such a fun atmosphere. I highly recommend a trip to RR even if it's just for dessert- it was all so good!!

Thanks ladies- I'll be back with an update soon!

Old 02-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #14
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

So we left off with us heading back to our room, and decided a dip in the hot tub was just what we needed. We got down there and there must have been 20 Brazilian teenagers in there! My DD and I stayed for about 20 minutes, and then went back to the room. My DS was already settled in playing his PS Vita. It wasn’t long before we were all sleeping soundly…
The next morning we were up by 7:30, went to the food court to get refills in our mugs and I grabbed a bagel to go. Our destination first today was Animal Kingdom!

We arrived at about 8:55 and this place was already starting to fill up! We headed straight back to KS, which only had a 5 minute wait when we got there. (By the time we got off it was already up to 25 minutes.)

Next, we decided to split up and I went to do It’s Tough To Be A Bug, and the kids went to do Primeval Whirl. It was getting so crowded we decided we needed to move on to our next destination for the day- MK!

This was a photo on our way out, sooo beautiful!

When we got here, we knew our first goal was to eat at Be Our Guest for lunch! The line was already about 30-40 minutes long and it was only 11! My son wanted Cosmic Ray’s so we split up again. I have to say, it was so nice going with my children at this age (20 and 13) because they are able to do what they want and I can do what I want because they are responsible and we have phones when we split up!
This was in the line at Be Our Guest. A lamppost (too cool!)

After placing our order my daughter and I made it to one of the dining rooms. They are so beautiful, we were just soaking in the atmosphere.

I ordered the steak sandwich with fries, and a strawberry cupcake. And my daughter had the turkey sandwich with fries, and a chocolate cupcake. They brought it out to us in a glass case, and it really was a classy way to serve counter service. Everything was delicious but the highlight was my cupcake. OMG that was good!

After lunch, we met up with my DS and did the People Mover and Buzz, then headed over to Frontierland. The kids wanted to do BTMR, so I waited awhile and watched people over on Tom Sawyer island.

Then I went over to HM and rode that because I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it! It was so crowded that by 4pm I had still only rode 4 rides total (not including the movie at AK.) We decided to head out, because it was almost time for our ressie at ‘Ohana! We were so looking forward to this one…

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: