Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
kristieboyd
Mouseketeer

Experience with "portofmiamicruiseparking.com"??

Thinking of using them to park. Their rates are just $4.50/day compared to the $20/day parking at the port. Website says it's 2-3 blocks from the port and shuttle transfers are offered for $5/per person. I'm thinking DH can drop us & the luggage off at the port, park, and take the shuttle back to the port.

If anyone has parked here, I have 2 questions:
1. Does it feel like a safe lot?
2. Is there a long wait for the shuttles? How bad was it getting a shuttle back to the lot following disembarkation?
kristieboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
neg58
DIS Veteran

I used it. The 2-3 blocks might be techically correct, but a LOOOONG 2-3 blocks. It is 2 blocks to the main boulevard and then a block over to the bridge. plus crossing the 6 or so lanes of the boulevard. The bridge can be walked, but it's long, probably close to a mile to terminal F.

Anyway, it's it doesn't look safe at all, but it actually seemed safe once I parked. It is a fenced lot on a block that isn't developed, so the fence down the middle of the block (the back side of the lot) has a fairly deep drop off; no one is walking down that side of the lot. As you walk out of the gate of the lot, you are looking right at the Basketball arena, so that is developed and just 2 blocks away. There were street people all around the fenced area, but they didn't seem to be bothering anyone and that is not the way you walked out of the lot or to the ship.

I did drop my kids and luggage, drove to the lot, and then took a shuttle back. They charged me $7 for the shuttle and it was for the return too. Fine going over, but I called and called for pick up and finally just took a taxi, which was $9 plus tip. The taxi was definitely the way to go for the return, or just walk the bridge and then swing back around for the rest of the people and luggage.

I'd do it again, but I'd just walk the bridge or take a taxi and skip the shuttle.

The lot itself has just a tent as the 'office' but the people were nice enough. I had to park about 2/3 of the way back along the back fence and I wouldn't have picked that spot but it was fine. I sailed Sun-Sun so not too much traffic either day. I paid $32 and parking at the port would have been $160, so worth it to me.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58
I used it. The 2-3 blocks might be techically correct, but a LOOOONG 2-3 blocks. It is 2 blocks to the main boulevard and then a block over to the bridge. plus crossing the 6 or so lanes of the boulevard. The bridge can be walked, but it's long, probably close to a mile to terminal F.

Anyway, it's it doesn't look safe at all, but it actually seemed safe once I parked. It is a fenced lot on a block that isn't developed, so the fence down the middle of the block (the back side of the lot) has a fairly deep drop off; no one is walking down that side of the lot. As you walk out of the gate of the lot, you are looking right at the Basketball arena, so that is developed and just 2 blocks away. There were street people all around the fenced area, but they didn't seem to be bothering anyone and that is not the way you walked out of the lot or to the ship.

I did drop my kids and luggage, drove to the lot, and then took a shuttle back. They charged me $7 for the shuttle and it was for the return too. Fine going over, but I called and called for pick up and finally just took a taxi, which was $9 plus tip. The taxi was definitely the way to go for the return, or just walk the bridge and then swing back around for the rest of the people and luggage.

I'd do it again, but I'd just walk the bridge or take a taxi and skip the shuttle.

The lot itself has just a tent as the 'office' but the people were nice enough. I had to park about 2/3 of the way back along the back fence and I wouldn't have picked that spot but it was fine. I sailed Sun-Sun so not too much traffic either day. I paid $32 and parking at the port would have been $160, so worth it to me.

Nancy
Wow! Thank you!!! I'm waffling between driving from Tampa the day of & parking here OR driving up the day before and staying at a hotel that offers parking....

This was VERY helpful

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Magic x2 - Mar Western, June Scandinavia ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/repo B2B ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
neg58
DIS Veteran

I probably should disclose that I drive a 2002 Honda Accord, so not as valuable as a newer luxury car and I'm not as worried about it as some people would be about their cars. In the lot there were all kinds of cars and SUVs, so I figure if someone is going to go through all the trouble to steal a car, it isn't going to be mine.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: