Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
susienut1
Earning My Ears

best strategy for jedi training and toy story mania

Hi.

Was wondering if you could help me figure out the best way to get my 6 year old son in Jedi training and do toy story mania.

We will be there the tuesday after easter when before they open (I know a busy time)

I will also have my husband and a 10 year old and 12 year old (that don't want to do the jedi training)

Should we split up and my 6 year old and I get in line for jedi training while my husband and other kids get fast passes for Toy story?

Or our whole family does toy story then we head over and get in line to put him on the list for jedi training.

I guess I want to avoid too much splitting up and have more family togetherness so if you think there would still be slots open for jedi training I would like to do Toy story together first then get anther set of fast passes to do it again later. But if Jedi training fills up in 30 minutes he'd miss it.... Also maybe a potential conflict between fast pass return time for toy story and his scheduled jedi training time?

Thanks for any input!!!
susienut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
Jake&IzzyLand
Mouseketeer

You have to split up or it won't happen. Someone has to sign him up for the Jedi Training and someone has to get fast passes for TSM. You could meet at a designated place or ride after to recoup your time.
Jake&IzzyLand is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
left210
DIS Veteran

We were there during SWW in June 2011. We split up and DS and I signed up for Jedi Training while DH and other DS went to TSM. They got fast passes and we met them there after signing up for Jedi and was still able to ride once with no lines and then came back later and used our fastpasses. Maybe that was a fluke but it worked well for us. We were there early and went in at rope drop.
left210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
gwmort
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by susienut1 View Post

Should we split up and my 6 year old and I get in line for jedi training while my husband and other kids get fast passes for Toy story?
Yes

Its really not as bad as it sounds. Check in for JTA doesn't really take long and you'll join up before you know it. My family did the same thing and we just met at Starring Roles immediately after signing up and getting the fastpasses for a quick bite before commencing with the touring. We find once that initial rush is over its important to take a moment and take a breath.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
ellemenohpee
Earning My Ears

Split up.

When we went the week before Christmas (it was a Tuesday), we got there about 30 minutes prior to RD. The minute we were in, DH took DS4 to JTA signups and I took the tickets and went to the Toy Story Fast Pass. They met me on Pixar Place and we hopped into the standby line for TS (which was about 20 minutes at that point), rode it, and went back later in the day for another ride.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #6
stitch1094
Mouseketeer

We are going this July and I want to get my boys into Jedi Training. Where are the sign-ups located? Are there signs directing people? Is it a mad rush with people actually running to get into line? Just curious! Thanks.
stitch1094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
Diegosmom
DIS Veteran

If I were you I would take DS and sign up for Jedi training and have hubby and other sons grab fastpass and either jump in line to ride and you guys jump in line when you get there and ride or they can wait for you and all ride together...what is on the agenda for after TSM...if you were going to meet some charachters hubby and older boys could get in line...Or if they want to do TOT or RnR and the little one doesnt they could go there and you could meet them there after.
Diegosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #8
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Is there a closure of the Jedi TA at the end of February?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:22 AM   #9
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi.

Was wondering if you could help me figure out the best way to get my 6 year old son in Jedi training and do toy story mania.

We will be there the tuesday after easter when before they open (I know a busy time)

I will also have my husband and a 10 year old and 12 year old (that don't want to do the jedi training)

Or our whole family does toy story then we head over and get in line to put him on the list for jedi training.

I guess I want to avoid too much splitting up and have more family togetherness so if you think there would still be slots open for jedi training I would like to do Toy story together first then get anther set of fast passes to do it again later. But if Jedi training fills up in 30 minutes he'd miss it.... Also maybe a potential conflict between fast pass return time for toy story and his scheduled jedi training time?

Thanks for any input!!!
Yes, split up. One of you goes with DS to sign up for the Jedi Academy. The others can go to TSM and get FP for the group. You may also have time to ride stand by while waiting for the rest of your party to return from Jedi. Just have them meet you in from of TSM when they are finished. It's not that bad.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:27 AM   #10
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Definitely definitely definitely split up.

You will be together as a family in a hotel room for your entire trip, so I am sure that the 10 minutes that you will be apart will not negatively impact your "togetherness."
Old 01-31-2013, 10:35 AM   #11
Diegosmom
DIS Veteran

Ok another thought...Rock n roller coaster has a height requirement of 48"...I know my 6 year old wont make the cut (not sure if yours will) but I sugest 1 parent and DS 6 go to JTA and the rest go get fastpass and ride TSM. DS6 and parent come ride TSM. When older kids are done at TSM they can go to RnR (possiblly riding in single rider since they are older) and then when DS6 and parent are done with TSM everyone meet at ToT...DS6 might even be able to get in a character greet at the hat on the way over to ToT...

I assume you have cell phone so you can keep up with each other over text...
Diegosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:26 AM   #12
susienut1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegosmom View Post
Ok another thought...Rock n roller coaster has a height requirement of 48"...I know my 6 year old wont make the cut (not sure if yours will) but I sugest 1 parent and DS 6 go to JTA and the rest go get fastpass and ride TSM. DS6 and parent come ride TSM. When older kids are done at TSM they can go to RnR (possiblly riding in single rider since they are older) and then when DS6 and parent are done with TSM everyone meet at ToT...DS6 might even be able to get in a character greet at the hat on the way over to ToT...

I assume you have cell phone so you can keep up with each other over text...
Great ideas everyone!

Thought the line for Jedi sign up would be longer so sounds like it will work out ok.

We spent a stressful day at Cedar Point this summer splitting up, trying to find each other, texting to find each other (then my husband's cell phone ran out of batteries) , walking extra to find each other so I'm trying to minimize the splitting up this time.

Thanks again!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:28 AM   #13
susienut1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Is there a closure of the Jedi TA at the end of February?

What? Are you talking temporary or permanent closure? Please let me know your source and any reliable information as this would definitely affect our plan.

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:33 AM   #14
John Paul
42 Wallaby Way

Quote:
Hi.

Thanks for any input!!!
You nailed it that's how we did it me and my son follow the sign and CM to jedi training, and my wife and the others take cards and get FPs for TSM we meet back at Star tours. Must have your son to sign him up though

1st trip in 1974
1980 1984 Senior Trip (Missing River Country)1985 and 86 several times 1988Contemporary 1990Kissimmee 2000Kissimmee
2006 Pop Century 2008 Port Orleans French Quarter
2009 CBR 2011 CSR 2012 Poly and US and IOA 2013 to come!
John Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #15
John Paul
42 Wallaby Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1094 View Post
We are going this July and I want to get my boys into Jedi Training. Where are the sign-ups located? Are there signs directing people? Is it a mad rush with people actually running to get into line? Just curious! Thanks.
Stitch at rope drop there will be a CM carrying a sign go to the left that says follow me to Jedi Training. This keeps people from running ahead. Don't go straight or right.

1st trip in 1974
1980 1984 Senior Trip (Missing River Country)1985 and 86 several times 1988Contemporary 1990Kissimmee 2000Kissimmee
2006 Pop Century 2008 Port Orleans French Quarter
2009 CBR 2011 CSR 2012 Poly and US and IOA 2013 to come!
John Paul is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: