Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 09:44 PM   #31
tasha99
DIS Veteran

The wind here can be awful. A couple months ago there were gusts 80-100mph with regular wind around 40. School did not close--though we walked the kids out to their buses one bus at a time. That is, except for the bus to the subdivision endangered by a fire caused by blown down power lines--they had to be held after. I've gotten used to it. Most of the time, the weather here is reasonable, but there are times I feel like I live on the ice planet, Hoth.
tasha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:59 PM   #32
disykat
DIS Veteran

I'm always amazed that in our current house we can have a pretty good wind storm and I don't even notice unless the power goes out until I go outside and see branches down. We live in a bit of a hollow, which is terrible for trying to catch a breeze in the summer, but apparently really good for sleeping through a windstorm.

I was always awoken by windstorms at our old house.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 05:46 AM   #33
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....oh, and another thing: ya can't pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger.....and don't get me STARTED on what'll happen if y'all mess around with Jim!
He'll huff and he'll puff......wait......wrong story

We lost roof shingles in the hurricane, now every time it gets so windy I'm afraid of losing more. It's hard to find anyone to fix it right now, they are so busy with people who really got hit hard by the storm.

...........................bored much?
snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #34
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

the hurricane a year ago last September...we hadnt moved into our new house yet...and my husband was busy there re-painting inside...and the winds blew a pine tree down over the diving board and across the pool...ripped the pool cover and broke the diving board..
SO we hired a tree arborist and he took down the trees in the yard...we had 8 pine trees that were always going to be a danger to the houses around and our pool...so down they came..

today instead of the high winds and almost 60 degrees yesterday...we have sun, no winds...and 20 degrees...yuck..

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: