Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 07:20 AM   #1
californiamomofboys
Earning My Ears

Castaway Club # for kids

Do kids become members of Castaway Club after their first sailing or only the adults? I can find/lookup my number from when we sailed back in 2010 but can't figure out where to find my kids' numbers on website. We are sailing again this April and would like for all to get credit for it, plus the boys would like their own "welcome back" gift (they will be staying in grandparents' room separate from me). Thanks for your help!
californiamomofboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiamomofboys View Post
Do kids become members of Castaway Club after their first sailing or only the adults? I can find/lookup my number from when we sailed back in 2010 but can't figure out where to find my kids' numbers on website. We are sailing again this April and would like for all to get credit for it, plus the boys would like their own "welcome back" gift (they will be staying in grandparents' room separate from me). Thanks for your help!
Yes, everyone on your reservation get their own CC # after you complete your first cruise.

You can call DCL and get the number for everyone in your family. DCL has not been sending out welcome packets recently (or if they have it has been sporadic). I do not remember getting a welcome packet for each person in our family. Only one. This was back in 1998 after we took our first cruise. If your boys are staying with their grandparents they should automically be recognized as repeat guests and the cabin will get one return cruiser gift (it is one per cabin, not one per person).

Just call DCL to get their CC number.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 07:26 AM   #3
janpluto
Mouseketeer

After our first sailing this past August, we received them in the mail for both the adults and our children.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

Yes they have their own numbers, under the castaway club there should be a lookup button that asks for birthdate. When you type in their birthdate it should bring it up.

Wonder 12/21/08, Dream 03/27/12, Fantasy 07/14/12, Dream 10/07/12, Dream 10/11/12, Fantasy 05/25/13, Magic 12/22/13, Magic 12/27/13, Magic 12/30/13, Fantasy 05/31/14
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:29 AM   #5
Miz Diz
I'll give up anything, as long as it isn't ice cream
And now my head is really spinningHe can't understand why he can't get me that excited.

The last cruise I booked on DCL's website, let me look up the castaway club # for everyone in my family. If you don't have time to call, maybe you can find that or go in like you are booking. It brought up the search option when it was time to put in everyone's name on the booking.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:32 AM   #6
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

I created a DCL Castaway Club account for each of my family members. We all have our own log on and password and this way I can keep track of everyone's cruises/reservations. We have all taken cruises at different times and we all don't have the same amount of DCL cruises. I can log on at anytime to all our accounts and check past cruises, upcoming reservations, etc.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:50 AM   #7
californiamomofboys
Earning My Ears

Thank you! I was able to find my kids' castaway numbers. Now, how do I add that info to our existing reservation? Trying to do it on the website and avoid having to call....Or will Disney automatically know they are Castaway Club members based on their birthdates/names and have their welcome back gift waiting for them? I only gave my travel agent my Castaway number when I booked, not theirs....
Old 01-31-2013, 08:11 AM   #8
californiamomofboys
Earning My Ears

FYI, I just called DCL 800 number and they already had my boys' castaway club numbers linked to the reservation, even though I didn't give that info to my travel agent. I guess Disney is smarter than I gave them credit for!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:16 AM   #9
erionm
DIS Veteran

For the welcome back gift, it's one per stateroom and the gift is based on the highest Castaway Club member in the stateroom.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:47 AM   #10
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiamomofboys View Post
Thank you! I was able to find my kids' castaway numbers. Now, how do I add that info to our existing reservation? Trying to do it on the website and avoid having to call....Or will Disney automatically know they are Castaway Club members based on their birthdates/names and have their welcome back gift waiting for them? I only gave my travel agent my Castaway number when I booked, not theirs....
DCL has always had our numbers linked to our reservations without our ever needing to do anything. That piece of the Magic seems to work well.

The welcome back gift in the cabin is one per cabin (not per person) and is based on the highest level in the cabin. Each will get their own appropriate lanyard at check in and the notation on their KTTW card.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:10 AM   #11
bigtony777
Disney Veteran

Is there are way to see if a castaway club number is assigned when looking at the reservation online?

Upcoming: 11/14 - BWV (W&D 1/2), 12/14 - AKV, 11/15 - Magic Bahamas Cruise

2014: July - BWV, Mar - BLT, Jan - VGC
2013: Dec - AS Sports/BWV , Nov - BWV(W&D 1/2), June - BWV/BCV, ), Mar - BLT/Fantasy Western Caribbean, Jan - BWV (Goofy)
2012: Nov - BWV (W&D 1/2), Aug - Offsite (Disneyland 1/2), June - BCV/WLV, Mar - AKV
2011: Dec - Pop/AS Movies, Nov - Pop, Oct - Dream Bahamas Cruise, BCV (W&D 1/2), July - Pop, June - Offsite, April - Pop
2010: Oct – Wilderness Lodge, AS Music (W&D 1/2), July – Caribbean Beach, April - Pop
2009: Dec – Offsite, Nov - Caribbean Beach, Oct - Coronado Springs, April - Pop
2007: July - Offsite
bigtony777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:22 AM   #12
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtony777 View Post
Is there are way to see if a castaway club number is assigned when looking at the reservation online?
If you've sailed before and have your Castaway Club number associated to your disneycruise.com account, you should see your past and future cruises once you log on and go to the Castaway Club section.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: