Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 12:31 AM   #1
pokanos
Earning My Ears

Does the way you book make a difference?

Hi, I'm Christine and a newbie. My ? is do you think it matters if you book on-line, over the phone, or through a travel agent? Our first trip in 2010 (Nov)was wonderful. We used a travel agent and got our request of a corner room, 1st floor at POFQ. Also, received a pin code for free dining a few months later through e-mail. Our trip in March(1st week) 2012, I just booked on-line w/a gen. public FDining offer. Crowds were about the same. We chose POR and a few days before our trip, we put in a request of any mansion building and just wanted an upper floor. We had a really bad room experience. Not ready in evening, spent over an hour @ guest relations, finally ready and we got a bottom floor, back of Acadian house, view of stairwell that was still dirty w/a broken phone. It was awful and took over 2 days to get it kind of smoothed out. At least I stopped crying! Ready to give it a go again in Nov 2013 and I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed a correlation of how they booked to how they were treated. It was probably a fluke, but I really want to be sprinkled w/pixie dust again! Thanks!
pokanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Nope, doesn't matter in regards to any of the stuff listed.

Only difference is how booking/planning/etc work. Requests will be met if they can be regardless of booking method.
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

As the pp said, the way a trip is booked has nothing to do with whether or not requests are met. Just make sure your requests are noted on your reservation and also mention them again at check in if you get a less than desirable room/location .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:18 AM   #4
KimIce
Mouseketeer

You also might want to try faxing in your room request 1 week before your arrival date to the resort you are staying at. This has worked for us in the past.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:47 AM   #5
pokanos
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the replies! I will send a fax a week ahead of time to see if we can get a 2nd floor room in either the Cabana section or Casita 4 or 5 at CSR. I'm not going to pre register this time though. I'm sure it will all go fine!
pokanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:08 AM   #6
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokanos View Post
Thanks for the replies! I will send a fax a week ahead of time to see if we can get a 2nd floor room in either the Cabana section or Casita 4 or 5 at CSR. I'm not going to pre register this time though. I'm sure it will all go fine!
The reason a travel agent may have gotten better results than you did on your own is the fact it is their job to get those results. A good travel agent will be constantly working to find you better deals and mentioning your requests and working to try and get those fulfilled. They have more time to do these things and stay on top of them than we do since it is their job. That is the way I have always seen it at least.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: