Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
stindall
Congress Tart

ADR at Crystal Palace for 1?

I'm interested in making an ADR for an early breakfast on my trip in September at Crystal Palace. I don't really have an interest in meeting characters, what I am interested in is potentially being in the park before opening and getting a few good photos. (and I love breakfast food )Would it be weird if I made a reservation for myself? I don't usually have much of an issue eating alone here at home somewhere but I feel that since it's a character meal it may be weird. I'm not making any other ADR's because I like to snack and eat wherever I feel like in the moment.

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!
and many other trips throughout my childhood!

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:46 AM   #2
karice2
DIS Veteran

It would not be weird but another suggestion would be to do the Keys to the Kingdom early tour. You get into the park early for that as well.

May 2010 -POFQ September 2010 AKL-December 2010 Off-Site
May 2011 BWV- December 2011 Christmas Magic December 2012 Annual Christmas Trip April 2014 Friends and Family May 2014 Star Wars Weekend July 2014 Harambe Nights

I've eaten at 47 out of 240 restaurants at Walt Disney World (20%)
I've eaten at 15 out of 85 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (18%)
I've eaten at 15 out of 70 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (21%)
I've eaten at 7 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (39%)
I've eaten at 0 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (0%)
karice2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall
I'm interested in making an ADR for an early breakfast on my trip in September at Crystal Palace. I don't really have an interest in meeting characters, what I am interested in is potentially being in the park before opening and getting a few good photos. (and I love breakfast food )Would it be weird if I made a reservation for myself? I don't usually have much of an issue eating alone here at home somewhere but I feel that since it's a character meal it may be weird. I'm not making any other ADR's because I like to snack and eat wherever I feel like in the moment.
Its not weird at all. I went one time and did the breakfast there and it was fine. They give you your own table and you can get your picture taken with the characters if you wish . The food is good and if you don't mind a lot of little kids that are excited to see Piglet you should go

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

I booked a solo ADR at CP in April for breakfast and am really looking forward to it! I love my solo trips, and besides having a filling breakfast (love b'fast food!) there is the opportunity to see the park almost empty for some great pictures. The added bonus is to see Pooh and friends!

Do it and have fun!
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #5
spidet1964
Mouseketeer

I did the dinner their alone in 2009 it was not weird but the food wasn't all that. Maybe breakfast will be better.

]
spidet1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

I've gone solo to Disney. I have another solo trip coming up in March.

Having an ADR to get in before the park opens is awesome!!
It's nice to get pics of main street and the castle with no ppl around

I like Crystal Palace, the food is good, and you won't feel weird dining alone there, I never have. If you want to interact with the characters and get pics great, if you don't it shouldn't be a problem.

We did the steam trains tour one year and it was so cool to be in the park and get pictures when it is early morning and empty

Me DS 18

March 2009 - AS Movies, March 2010 = POP, August 2010 - POP, March 2011 - POP,
Dec 2011 - POP (MVMCP), July 2012 - POR, March 2013 - POP, Sept 2013 - POP (MNSSHP),
March 2014 - POP, May 2014 Rock Your Disney Side! 24 hr event - POP
MichelleWDWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #7
Terk-1
Cinderella's Castle is My 2nd Home!! Only 1,302.5 miles from the Magic Kingdom!

Talking Crystal Solo

I typically dine here twice in a trip, but one of my first ADR's is locking in a 8am breakfast at the Crystal Palace usually on my last full day at WDW. I have no problem dining solo and I find that I can cruise through breakfast and be at the entrance to one of the lands prior to rope drop. It also gives me the chance to take some nice photos while the park is empty.

I've done WDW solo 5 times so far, so dining alone has never been a problem.
80,82,85,88,90,93,94, 96 - ASMu, 97-98 - DxL, 99 - POFQ & BC, 00 - WL & POFQ, 01 - ASMo, 02 - Poly, 03 - CBR & WL, 04 -Pop, 05 - GC @ DL, 06 - POFQ, 07 - San Diego, 08 - San Diego (twice), 09 - Sports, 11 - Port Orleans French Quarter, 12 - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons
October 2013 - First Disney Cruise!!!! Western Caribbean on the Wonder
November-December 2013 - Art of Animation & Pop Century

November-December 2014 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy!!

Pictures & Video from November 2011 Trip! More to upload.

http://community.webshots.com/user/wdwfan6
Terk-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
stindall
Congress Tart

Thanks everyone, I think I will make a reservation for myself! I'm not a morning person but I'll have to make an exception! I honestly don't mind the characters but I'm awful at making small talk and being out on the spot so it's just weird for me. I did think about a tour but I don't really want to spend 5 hours on one, thanks for the suggestion though!

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!
and many other trips throughout my childhood!

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: