Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
xstreaksinskyx
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 19

Beach Club Villas Room Location

My Fiance and I are staying at the Beach Club Villas for our honeymoon, and we are in a studio suite. what is a good location to as for in the villas that has a nice view but not far from everything?

Also what are the chances of getting pixie dusted being its our honeymoon. We would love to be able to get the one bedroom villa with the whirlpool tub! i plan on being there really early to check in like around 7AM so hopefully being early might get me a good chance of an upgrade.
xstreaksinskyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.
 
Pakey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central California
Posts: 20,097

BCV is my home resort and I've stayed here many times in the +/- 15 years I've owned here.

There are no good views. You may get quiet pool/parking lot/, woods/service road and courtyard. All have pros/cons and there are better rooms than others within each of these categories. I never request a location but do request an upper floor because I prefer a balcony to a patio.

BCV is very small so IMO all of it is similar access.

Pixie dust is next to impossible at a DVC resort. BCV is booked to capacity at all times so your chances of getting upgraded to a 1 bedroom are probably 0 percent. Also, because these rooms take longer to clean, you are not as likely to get access to your room much before 4pm. I've been lucky a few times but most of the time, it's late afternoon before I'm notified that my room is ready.

Enjoy your stay. Although BCV isn't as nice as BC, it's a great location and I've enjoyed every vacation there.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #3
loudisneyfan
Mouseketeer
 
loudisneyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 95

As long as you are not a DVC member, your chances are pretty good actually.

We learned in December that DVC members do not receive upgrades because the DVC rooms are dedicated and always full while those who book through Disney or who rent points are considered a different group and Disney will upgrade you. My parents received an upgrade from studio to one bedroom and from DVC cleaning to daily cleaning, no cost for any of it in December. They had rented points from a DVC member and when the CM learned that, he upgraded them.

Good luck!
__________________

Past Trips: SWW @ Yacht CLub Club level May 2014, Yacht Club April 2014, Poly CL March 2014, Offsite December 2013, POR October 2013, POR March 2013, 1st Disney Cruise Fantasy December 2012, Boardwalk Villas December 2012,Offsite December 2011/Janaury 2012, Wilderness Lodge October 2011, Coronado Springs September 2011, Fort Wilderness Cabins December 2010, Offsite March 2010, Offsite March 2009, Offsite March 2008, All Star Sports March 2003, Offsite December 2000, Carribean Beach December 1990
loudisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
Lynne M
 
Lynne M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,135
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudisneyfan View Post
As long as you are not a DVC member, your chances are pretty good actually.

We learned in December that DVC members do not receive upgrades because the DVC rooms are dedicated and always full while those who book through Disney or who rent points are considered a different group and Disney will upgrade you. My parents received an upgrade from studio to one bedroom and from DVC cleaning to daily cleaning, no cost for any of it in December. They had rented points from a DVC member and when the CM learned that, he upgraded them.

Good luck!
Sorry, that's not correct. There are no dedicated rooms for DVC members, and 'renting points' just means that a DVC member makes the reservation for you. Whether the member makes the reservation for themselves or someone else, it's the same pool of inventory.

What happened to your parents as renters is quite rare, and probably happened because the studio they would have been assigned needed to be taken out of service for maintenance. Their upgrade probably came from the very small percentage of inventory that Disney retains at DVC resorts, in part just for that reason - so they can rotate rooms that need maintenance out of service.

If anything, I would expect upgrades to be less common at BCV because it's such a small resort (few villas), and is extremely popular with members because of its close proximity to Epcot and access to SAB. Since it's a sold out resort, members own more than 90% of the room inventory, so at any given time, only 10%-ish of the inventory is available to customers on cash reservations.

OP, I'm sorry, I wouldn't get my hopes up for an upgrade at BCV. Anything's possible, but given the small number of villas that Disney has access to there, you'd have to get very, very lucky.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #5
Djjsperry
Earning My Ears
 
Djjsperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 72

I was told when reserving my two Bdr villa at BCV that the second bedroom with two Queens were for DC members only. My second Bdr has one Queen and couch.
Djjsperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #6
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djjsperry View Post
I was told when reserving my two Bdr villa at BCV that the second bedroom with two Queens were for DC members only. My second Bdr has one Queen and couch.
There are only 25 dedicated two bedroom villas with two queen beds in the second bedroom. There are more dedicated two bedroom villas with one queen and one double sleeper sofa. These rooms were too small to put two queen beds in the room. The dedicated with two queen beds go very quickly to members on points, pretty much at 11 months out. It's a booking category for members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstreaksinskyx
My Fiance and I are staying at the Beach Club Villas for our honeymoon, and we are in a studio suite. what is a good location to as for in the villas that has a nice view but not far from everything?

Also what are the chances of getting pixie dusted being its our honeymoon. We would love to be able to get the one bedroom villa with the whirlpool tub! i plan on being there really early to check in like around 7AM so hopefully being early might get me a good chance of an upgrade.
If you really want the one bedroom, you really should book it. Also, there are no suites at BCV, only villas. They do have suites at the BC that have access to the concierge lounge. BCV villas do not have access to the concierge lounge.

Also check in time at DVC resorts is after 4PM. So even if you arrive at 7AM, you might not get into your villa until after 4PM.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
PCFriar80
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: BCV/CT
Posts: 896

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
BCV is my home resort and I've stayed here many times in the +/- 15 years I've owned here.

There are no good views. You may get quiet pool/parking lot/, woods/service road and courtyard. All have pros/cons and there are better rooms than others within each of these categories. I never request a location but do request an upper floor because I prefer a balcony to a patio.

BCV is very small so IMO all of it is similar access.

Pixie dust is next to impossible at a DVC resort. BCV is booked to capacity at all times so your chances of getting upgraded to a 1 bedroom are probably 0 percent. Also, because these rooms take longer to clean, you are not as likely to get access to your room much before 4pm. I've been lucky a few times but most of the time, it's late afternoon before I'm notified that my room is ready.

Enjoy your stay. Although BCV isn't as nice as BC, it's a great location and I've enjoyed every vacation there.
I have to disagree on the "no good views" part as it all depends on what you're viewing. BCV owners as well since 2001 [26 visits] and high floors, specifically 561, 555, 461, and 455 have good views of Epcot WS fireworks. Yes, they are on the road but still offer some good firework scenes and you can hear british revolution from your balcony. Just back from the marathon, 516 offered a "long distance" view of Wishes and the panoramic scene from the balcony was very relaxing. We've also never had a problem getting into our room before 4:00 and most times before 2:00.
PCFriar80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #8
Jenna319
DIS Veteran
 
Jenna319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Darien, IL
Posts: 1,126

We were in a studio over new years (I believe it was room 455) and we had a great view of spaceship earth and had the largest balcony I've ever had!! It was fantastic.
Jenna319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #9
xstreaksinskyx
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 19

[QUOTE=Deb & Bill;47360277


Also check in time at DVC resorts is after 4PM. So even if you arrive at 7AM, you might not get into your villa until after 4PM.[/QUOTE]



i realize i cant get in that early, but i was gonna make my presence and try to secure an upgrade before anyone else if it would be available. I was just going to sign whatever paperwork, and get my key cards to get into a park when its open, then come back at night
xstreaksinskyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #10
xstreaksinskyx
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 19

also i have not stayed in a disney resort since i was 5 years old, and working in the hotel industry i know that hotels often over book rooms because they count on cancellations and no shows, does disney do this, cuz when looking at their website it shows on my dates that the studios are no longer bookable, but the one and two bedrooms are. if everything becomes booked, and since im not a dvc member, i want to make sure i dont get bumped to another hotel, cuz im afraid they would give it to a dvc member over me. and if they dont book up the dates on the one bedroom, would i have a good chance of being upgraded at that point??
xstreaksinskyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:40 PM   #11
Lynne M
 
Lynne M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,135
DISboards Moderator

Disney's procedures can be different from other hotel companies in certain respects. Even if they have 1 bedrooms sitting empty, they won't necessarily upgrade guests just to fill them. They generally upgrade guests for their own operational reasons, and complimentary upgrades aren't usually given out just for the asking. You can hope that a) there's a one bedroom available, b) the CM checking you in has the ability to upgrade a guest to a one bedroom that day, and c) they notice you're on your honeymoon and feel like throwing some pixie dust your way. But that's a lot of hoping, and a lot of luck.

If you really, really want a one bedroom, why not just change your reservation now, so that you're sure to get one?
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:57 PM   #12
xstreaksinskyx
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 19

The one bedrooms are not available at the current 30% off discount anymore and I used up all the honeymoon budget. If I spend anymore we won't have anything for when we go
xstreaksinskyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:01 PM   #13
xstreaksinskyx
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 19

also i have not stayed in a disney resort since i was 5 years old, and working in the hotel industry i know that hotels often over book rooms because they count on cancellations and no shows, does disney do this, cuz when looking at their website it shows on my dates that the studios are no longer bookable, but the one and two bedrooms are. if everything becomes booked, and since im not a dvc member, i want to make sure i dont get bumped to another hotel, cuz im afraid they would give it to a dvc member over me. Does anyone know the procedure on this??
xstreaksinskyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:21 PM   #14
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,937

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstreaksinskyx View Post
also i have not stayed in a disney resort since i was 5 years old, and working in the hotel industry i know that hotels often over book rooms because they count on cancellations and no shows, does disney do this, cuz when looking at their website it shows on my dates that the studios are no longer bookable, but the one and two bedrooms are. if everything becomes booked, and since im not a dvc member, i want to make sure i dont get bumped to another hotel, cuz im afraid they would give it to a dvc member over me. Does anyone know the procedure on this??
BCV is a DVC timeshare. So it is usually 95% occupied at the minimum. It's not a hotel. If they do an upgrade at DVC resorts it is usually for a short stay (like a night or two) or a total upgrade from a value resort because the value resort is overbooked.

We got an upgrade on cash at Old Key West once from a studio to a one bedroom. BUT, we had the one night stay in the studio, followed by a week in a one bedroom on DVC points. So it was more convenient for DVC to upgrade us to our regular reservation and not have to clean that studio after one night. We didn't have to move on that trip at all.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:29 PM   #15
xstreaksinskyx
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

BCV is a DVC timeshare. So it is usually 95% occupied at the minimum. It's not a hotel. If they do an upgrade at DVC resorts it is usually for a short stay (like a night or two) or a total upgrade from a value resort because the value resort is overbooked.

We got an upgrade on cash at Old Key West once from a studio to a one bedroom. BUT, we had the one night stay in the studio, followed by a week in a one bedroom on DVC points. So it was more convenient for DVC to upgrade us to our regular reservation and not have to clean that studio after one night. We didn't have to move on that trip at all.
But do they normally overbook? Like I said I'm afraid of being bumped out because I'm not a DVC member
xstreaksinskyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.