Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
twinmomrn
Earning My Ears

First Post -- looking for planning help

My first post. Planning a trip for 11/28 for 9 nights. I know I can't make dining reservations yet but I'm hoping to get some feedback. If you had 9 nights at WDW, how would you plan out the meals? We will have the regular dining plan and there will be 6 of us (2 adults, 2 grandparents, 2 kids (b/g) who will be 9). We enjoy character meals and we also enjoy being at the parks for rope drop. Any/all suggestions are helpful. We've been to WDW several times, with the last visit in 2009 so it's been a few years. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
Quin
DIS Veteran

I'd start by planning out your park days/evenings. You don't want a dinner in AK on a day when you're going to Epcot in the morning and MK for the evening.

For your arrival day I'd recommend not doing a TS meal; save the credit for an extra meal during your trip like a breakfast. It is certainly possible to eat an early TS breakfast and a TS dinner in the evening.

If you want to do any Signature meals, on DDP you're actually better to pay out of pocket for those and again use the extra TS credit for another meal. Since DDP doesn't include appetizers, you can save a little $ at Signatures by, say, splitting an app and and entree, or if someone is eating a bit lighter just have 1 or 2 apps and a dessert for their meal.

Use those extra TS credits you've saved for things like a pre-rope-drop breakfast at CP on an MK day, or Tusker House at AK.

Other than that, spend a lot of time looking at the menus over on AllEars.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
Tiggr924
Fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN!

I agree with the PP that its important to plan out each day. We like to make a calendar with the EMH. Then we figure out which parks we plan to go to each day and figure out restaurants from there. We also spend a lot of time on allears figuring out which menus we might want to try out.

Restaurants we never miss are Crystal Palace, Captain's Grille, Tusker House and Cali Grill.

1986 ~ Hotel Plaza 1988,1991,1993 off-site 1995,1997 ~Doubletree, Hotel Plaza 2000, 2003, 2005 All-Star Movies 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013 Caribbean Beach Resort 2008, 2009, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside
Tiggr924 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: