Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
mmaloof
Earning My Ears

parental view of DCP

When my daughter decided to go to Disney, it truly changed her life. Although she is a wonderful person, she lacked motivation. She learned about the college program right before she started college. She went into college with a strong desire to make good grades and use good judgement. She called me right before her fall exams because she applied for the program, and she was accepted! She was absolutely thrilled, and I encouraged her to go for it even though she was going to have to miss college for a while. She did the spring advantage program and extended, so, altogether, she was there for ten months. During that time, she basically supported herself with very little help from us. She grew up a lot while she was there-She definitely had a few rough times that she had to handle without mom and dad. She worked very hard, but she spent every day off at the parks. She saw plenty of kids either self terminate or get terminated, but, through it all she left with an immense love for Disney! She is presently a campus rep, with her next goal being to go to the Disneyland college program! She has a tough load at college this semester by her own choosing because of her motivation to finish. I personally hope all three of my kids do the program-the work is hard and the expectations are high, but what a great experience! I'm happy to talk to any parents who have concerns or questions
mmaloof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

I'd recommend taking a look at the College Program Parents thread, as it's a major help.

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: