Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #1
miadeebee
Earning My Ears

Hyatt Regency airport- Day Use

We have a late afternoon flight back home after our cruise-departing at 5:15pm. Would the Hyatt DayUse option be a good idea? What time does the ship get back to Port Canaveral and how long does disembarkation usually take? We're first time Disney Cruisers Thank you.
miadeebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

It's is very up to you. 5:15 flight means you need to be at the airport by 3:15.

Off ship--7:30 - 9:00. (your choice) Arrive at airport 8:30-10:30. Cost of a day room is $100 including tax. Cost of DCL transfers $35 per person one way.

Other options--rent a car for you transportation back to the airport. This would allow you to do something with your day like going to Downtown Disney, mall, a Disney resort for lunch, or whatever.

If you have little people who need a place to nap, it may well be worth a day room for 4-5 hours. If you have teens who just want internet, that's free at MCO, Chik-fil-A, Panera Bread, etc. A day room lets you swim, nap, shower.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
CrusingFamily4
Mouseketeer

We just did the day rate at the Hyatt on Saturday. For us, with twin 4 year old daughters, it was well worth it. They got a 3 hour nap in. The girls normally do not nap, but after a full week of activities they were exhausted. (Plus we were up early for breakfast that morning). It was also very convenient to have a place to store our luggage. We went to the food court, picked up some lunch and ate it in the room. Then, my husband took the heaviest piece of luggage to the airline to have it weighed on their scales. We spent some time shopping without worrying about any of the luggage. Lastly, we were able to drop off our luggage and check in 3 hrs prior to flight. (We could have checked in earlier if we wished). We took our 3 suitcases to the airline while leaving the booster seats/carry on luggage in the room. Then we headed back to the room, stayed for another hour, checked out at 6 (the required time), and headed thru security with the remainder of our carry ons.
CrusingFamily4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Can you reserve a day room online or does it require a phone call? If online, is it listed as a dayroom rate? TIA!

March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
CrusingFamily4
Mouseketeer

I phoned the MCO Hyatt itself to book and was transferred to their main booking.
CrusingFamily4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #6
sdjen
DIS Veteran

I would highly recommend this - especially with little ones. I did one with my daughter the first time we cruised when she was 5. It was nice to nap, swim and "repack" my luggage to make sure nothing was overweight. Very nice and relaxing way to end our trip.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #7
miadeebee
Earning My Ears

Thank you all for your input. I definitely just want to relax prior to flying home. I'll call Hyatt tomorrow to book a room
miadeebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:25 AM   #8
DisneyForLife
DIS Veteran

You won't be sorry, it is a beautiful hotel. Love that you can just go grab something to eat, do some window shopping, swim, and watch the planes take off. I suggest requesting an outside room if you want to watch planes coming and going. It was pretty cool.
DisneyForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #9
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

How much is a day room?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:26 AM   #10
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep
How much is a day room?
Found it in the thread. $100. Missed it at first. We also fly home at 5:30. This is a good idea.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:05 AM   #11
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
How much is a day room?
Technically, $89 + 12% tax which total something like $101. That's for those who will say that it isn't $100, "we only paid $89." Well, they quote $89, but my credit card bill will show $101.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: