Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
mhelsley
DIS Veteran

Help Miami cruisiers...

My TA is dropping the ball and i need to figure out if Disney transfer or taxi to MIA is best. Not first DCL cruise but things might be different due to new port. Do they still have it where you leave your luggage out on the last night and as long as they have your flight info and you use Disney transfer you don't see your luggage until they arrive home. This for me going single would be a plus.

Any B2B cruisier out of Miami if yes How was switch over day handled?

Thank for any info.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
shillee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhelsley View Post
My TA is dropping the ball and i need to figure out if Disney transfer or taxi to MIA is best. Not first DCL cruise but things might be different due to new port. Do they still have it where you leave your luggage out on the last night and as long as they have your flight info and you use Disney transfer you don't see your luggage until they arrive home. This for me going single would be a plus.

Any B2B cruisier out of Miami if yes How was switch over day handled?

Thank for any info.
I think from reading the taxi is about $25 but if you are alone you may want to take the Disney transport. I believe you have to book it before you get on the ship. It is $20 pp each way. We are taking the hotel shuttle to get to the port and Disney to the airport after. We can't take a taxi as we have 2 young kids and I won't have car seats with me for them.

As for the B2B, if no one answers, I will have an answer upon my return. We are doing a B2B with Feb. 2-7 & Feb. 7-11.

Oh, and also based on reading, it seems like the luggage is picked up but if you need it right away when you get off you may want to take it with you (especially if you need to dash to the airport). Other option is to ask at GS for tags that show you need your luggage out first due to an early flight as I understand they have those as well.

1996 - Off Site, 1997 - Off Site, 1999 - ASMu, 2000 - BW, 2000 - Disneyland Paris, 2001 - May at ASMu, 2001 - December at CS, 2002 - September at ASMu, 2002 - December - Getting Married at WDW!!!, 2003 - December & DCL Wonder, 2004 - December, 2005 - December, 2006 - December, 2007 - December, 2008 - September - Disneyland, 2008 - December - Off Site, 2010 - Off Site (Windsor Hills Townhouse), 2011 - November - Off Site, 2012 - February - DCL - Magic 7 Night Eastern, 2012 - November at POR, 2013 - DCL B2B Miami on the Wonder, 2013 - November at CB
shillee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: