Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Talli16
Earning My Ears

AOA Finding Nemo

My kids are huge huge Nemo fan's and I was looking to book two nights at aoa in the nemo suite. I am used to staying deluxe, as I love the ease of getting to and from the parks. Will I be hugely disappointed in aoa being such a deluxe lover or will not having to share a bathroom with anyone (yes hubby included lol) be all worth it? Any requests you could think I should add to the reservation. I was just thinking pool view if available. How is the food court? We stayed asm suites years ago and swore never value again but then poof aoa was born and is so cute!
Talli16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

I think it'll all depend on why you didn't like values and why you like deluxes.

We're huge fans of Polynesian. We're also huge fans of Pop. We really enjoyed our Nemo suite at AoA. But, as I said, we're happy with values.

Transportation is one of the things we really liked about AoA. Like Pop, it has decicated busses. The bus stops are also covered at AoA plus they have nice orderly marked queues at the bus stops unlike at deluxes. That's one of the reasons we like Pop as well and one of the reasons we're hesitant to try the AS resorts (shared busses; they all have the queues). At Poly, while we love the monorail and boats, the busses to DHS and AK drive me nuts with being shared. We're had to watch busses at Poly leave without us because they were too full from the previous resort.

We really liked the food court at AoA though we prefer the Pop food court. The AoA food court has significantly more options than you'll find for CS options at deluxe resorts. True there aren't any TS restaurants, but there's a huge food court with lots of CS options including an amazing create your own salad station and create your own pasta station.

While there's no slide at AoA like you'll find at deluxe resorts, the Big Blue pool is a really nice and well themed pool.

So, what didn't you like about ASMu? That really should be taken into consideration when you think about when deciding if you can be happy at AoA.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
Talli16
Earning My Ears

i think the reasons we didnt like asm suite are different at aoa. I do not like exterior halls, aoa has interior. I did not like the food court at asm, but I have heard good things about aoa's food. The having to drive everywhere but I will have that with aoa.
I didnt like the pool at asm, too boring, but having that huge pool with under the water music at aoa. so i think we will give it a chance.
Talli16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
tracynwu
Earning My Ears

I totally get where you are coming from. We like Deluxe as well but honestly the nemo suite is awesome! The pool is great. I loved it as an adult, but my kids were gagaa over it. I thought the food court was great. Kind of felt a bit upscale. I mean, it's still a food court but the choices were great. Having extra room is fantastic. We drove our car everywhere so I can't speak for the busses. Bottom Line, monorail makes life easy, but that really only helps you with Epcot and MK. It's absolutely worth trying. They really did a great job with that resort.
tracynwu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: