Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
anonymousegirl
DIS Veteran

Trying to convince DH

Hi all,
We are considering the ABD Jewels of Southeast Asia tour for January 2014 (adult only departure). We are a childless couple and I am a huge Disney addict, DH not so much. He wants to do this region of the world, but is not sure about all the "arts and crafts" as he puts it--meaning the paper lantern making, the mask painting, water puppet theatre, etc.
These are the things I am looking forward to enjoying! I want to engage with locals, not just stay in an touristic bubble.

I have forwarded to him the thread about the worth of ABD and that might help--he loves his luxury--just hates paying for it!

Any advice or insights?
1973 Disneyland Hotel;1985 WDW Grosvenor; 1988 same;1994 off-site; 1997 off-site; July 2008 POR; December 2008 Pop Century; January 2009 Contemporary, BCV; March 2009 Pop Century; May 2009 Grand California at DLR; September 2009 SSR; December 2009 Pop; May 2010 DL off site; July 2010 Disneyland Hotel; October 2010 Disneyland Hotel; January 2011 Saratoga Springs;May 2011 Disneyland off-site; October 2011 AKV Kidani; DLR OMDD Leap Day 2012; June 2012 BCV/Vero Beach; September 2012 All Star Sports; December 2012 Grand Floridian; DLR off site February 2013;DLR off site for Long Lost Friends week April 2013;DLR Paradise Pier Hotel July 2013; DLR off site November 2013;Aulani DVC January 2014; WDW OKW May 2014; WDW October 2014
anonymousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

I was going to recommend you point him towards that thread, so you're good on that.

I agree with you, that's the kind of stuff I enjoy about the ABD's, also. Meeting people, doing activities, learning about customs are a lot of the appeal, and one of the things ABD excels at.

You get what you pay for!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
2littlestitches
Mouseketeer

On our ABD in Australia, nobody "had" to participate in the crafts, but most people wanted to. There were actually mostly older adults/teens on our trip, so I'm sure being 2 adults you won't feel uncomfortable at all. One example was, there was a bike riding activity, and not everyone could do it or wanted to do it - no problem at all. Those who opted out met up with the rest of the group afterward. It's just such a wonderful group to tour with, and I'm sure you will have the best time. I look at so many of the trips, but the one you mention looks A-mazing!!!
December 2009: 4 Night Bahamian (New Years Eve) Cruise aboard the Disney Wonder
July 2010: 12 Night Northern European Capitals Cruise (Baltic) aboard the Disney Magic
July 2011: 7 Night Alaskan Cruise aboard the Disney Wonder

So excited to be going to Aulani in summer 2014!!!

Too many WDW trips to count, and several Disneyland California trips.
One amazing trip to Disneyland Paris!
D23's Journey to Marceline, MO - March 2012

Best trip ever...Adventures By Disney Australia in 2008.
2littlestitches is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: