Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
melglnh2o
Mouseketeer

Door magnets - where did you have yours printed?

For those who did not print your own door magnets, where did you go to have them printed? I don't have an inkjet printer and all the local places I checked couldn't print them either. Thanks.
melglnh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by melglnh2o
For those who did not print your own door magnets, where did you go to have them printed? I don't have an inkjet printer and all the local places I checked couldn't print them either. Thanks.
Easy!! Upload them to your local photo printer - we upload to Target via Shutterfly. They are 19 cents for a 4x6. Then, using a coupon, we use a magnet roll with sticky back & stick on the photo & then cut it out. Cheap, easy & prettier than magnet paper in your printer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by melglnh2o View Post
Were the local copy shops balking at the magnetic paper, or were they worried about copyright infringement? If you can find someone to print the images on regular paper with a color printer, you could have the the pages laminated and glue magnetic strips (available at Michael's or other crafty store) on the back.

If you're part of a DIS meets group for your particular cruise, perhaps one of your fellow passengers with a friendly printer would do yours for you?
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
melglnh2o
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Easy!! Upload them to your local photo printer - we upload to Target via Shutterfly. They are 19 cents for a 4x6. Then, using a coupon, we use a magnet roll with sticky back & stick on the photo & then cut it out. Cheap, easy & prettier than magnet paper in your printer!!!

Great. Thanks for the idea.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #5
melglnh2o
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
Were the local copy shops balking at the magnetic paper, or were they worried about copyright infringement? If you can find someone to print the images on regular paper with a color printer, you could have the the pages laminated and glue magnetic strips (available at Michael's or other crafty store) on the back.

If you're part of a DIS meets group for your particular cruise, perhaps one of your fellow passengers with a friendly printer would do yours for you?
The printing places only had laser printers so it did not have to do with copyrights. I thought about adding the magnets strips but thought the magnetic sheets would look cleaner and neater. Thanks for your response.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #6
DebbieOBX
Mouseketeer

Open up a Walmart photo account. They will give you 25 free prints. : ) YEP works perfect. 4 x 6

I then purchase the plastic magnet sleeves so i do not have to cut...bla bla.

it workes perfect
DebbieOBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
Silverfox97

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by melglnh2o

Great. Thanks for the idea.
FYI I don't use magnet "strips." This is what I get at Michaels - it's $9.99 & I use a coupon for 40 or 50% off. It's a continuous sheet/roll.

https://www.promagproducts.com/catal...3dj3etas714n22

I've never had any issues uploading them/printing at Target with regards to copyrights. Usually, we reuse our magnets from cruise to cruise & do 1 new cruise-specific 8x10.

ETA: I'm in no way saying my way is the only way. It's just super cheap & they look very pretty!!! I can't imagine paying for those magnetic sheets and printer ink when pics are under 20 cents (even the 8x10 is only $2.89) and that magnet roll is $5 after my coupon.

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder

Last edited by Silverfox97; 01-30-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #8
Silverfox97

Dup post

Old 01-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
melglnh2o
Mouseketeer

Quote:
FYI I don't use magnet "strips." This is what I get at Michaels - it's $9.99 & I use a coupon for 40 or 50% off. It's a continuous sheet/roll.

https://www.promagproducts.com/catal...3dj3etas714n22

This seems like the best solution to my problem! Thanks a bunch from one Buckeye to another. I am originally from Columbus

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, comments, ideas, etc.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #10
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

Walmart, Snapfish, and Shutterfly can print magnets, they won't do copyrighted images though.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #11
socaintexas
Mouseketeer

I ordered mine from Vistaprints.com. They have not arrived yet but I will let you know how they turn out!
socaintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #12
mattykin
Mouseketeer

Once we decided to book the cruise my DD and I went to Michaels and bought scrapbook paper, disney stickers and letters and a roll of magnet paper and made our door decorations....she had a ball and they came out super cute

mattykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #13
JustUs275
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Would you mind to answer a question for me? When I try to upload the magnet disigns to Walgreens as a 4x6 (from Photobucket), the little picture it shows me on the Walgreens site has the top and bottom of the Mickey head cut off - will it actually print that way, or will it print right and the little picture is just off??? (sorry, technologically challenged here!)
Old 01-31-2013, 06:01 AM   #14
LeslieG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustUs275 View Post
Would you mind to answer a question for me? When I try to upload the magnet disigns to Walgreens as a 4x6 (from Photobucket), the little picture it shows me on the Walgreens site has the top and bottom of the Mickey head cut off - will it actually print that way, or will it print right and the little picture is just off??? (sorry, technologically challenged here!)

I don't have the answer, but I'm glad you asked the question, because I'm having the same problem. I think it does print as shown, because I tried a test print on my printer at home, and it came out cut off.

Also, some of my prints look kind of blurry. Any fix for that?
LeslieG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:21 AM   #15
Silverfox97

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustUs275

Make sure your source image is a 4x6 or it will get cropped. See what happens if you choose 5x7; if it doesn't get cropped, your source image needs adjusted.

Hope this helps!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: