Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

What is your ADR strategy?

In the past, I have done online reservations a few times, but mostly called for them. I would just go down my list and make my ADRs, arranging when things were not possible, etc. The CMs on the phone could search a span of days, and I remember being able to do that in the past online if I was beyond 180 for the end of my trip. But when I started looking around the site to be ready for my 180 day, I did not see that option - it seemed you had to go day by day.

So it got me thinking, now that you can do 180+10, do you make your ADRs in order of your trip, or do you prioritize and make them in order of importance or popularity of your choices? So instead of starting on day one, you would start with BOG, or something like that?

Just curious how most people approach. I have always done it chronologically. This time I think I may re-work my list to do it in order of popularity.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

I do it by priority/popularity. If you want a dinner at 'Ohana, that should be the first on your list as it has become far and away the most difficult reservation to get (particularly before 9pm). And the later in your trip you try for 'Ohana, the better, as less people then have been able to book that day. However, if there is any other restaurant is a real priority or a "must-do" (do I owe Stacy royalties for using that?) for your family, then I would do that first.

mcd2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

I go by popularity and which reservations mean the most to me/family that we get. Then after those are done I go by day and do the rest.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Popularity. So BOG, 'Ohana Dinner, pre-park open ADRs (MK first), then I usually just go in order of the days.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV- October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!* UPCOMING: December 2015- BLT
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745
I do it by priority/popularity. If you want a dinner at 'Ohana, that should be the first on your list as it has become far and away the most difficult reservation to get (particularly before 9pm). And the later in your trip you try for 'Ohana, the better, as less people then have been able to book that day. However, if there is any other restaurant is a real priority or a "must-do" (do I owe Stacy royalties for using that?) for your family, then I would do that first.
Thanks for letting me know! I haven't eaten at 'Ohana sine 2000. We want to eat there on our resort day this year, which is day 7 so that's a plus. I was thinking I needed to put BOG and LC up before, but I'm going to start with 'Ohana.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:56 AM   #6
mouseketeermama
Mouseketeer

At this point...prayer.

We moved our trip up a week early on Tuesday, so we now leave Sunday. I have 5 days to make reservations after months of planning an booking my others. Somehow, I have managed a BOG and Ohana, so I am beginning to think it was meant to be!

Just a married to my raising our littleand tiny
mouseketeermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:01 AM   #7
ses1230
DIS Veteran

I do what is popular and a priority for us first.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #8
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseketeermama View Post
At this point...prayer.

We moved our trip up a week early on Tuesday, so we now leave Sunday. I have 5 days to make reservations after months of planning an booking my others. Somehow, I have managed a BOG and Ohana, so I am beginning to think it was meant to be!

Old 02-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #9
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Ok, OP here...I am back with my list of desired ADRs and the order in which I think I should make them (these are over a ten day period). Please let me know if I should re-arrange the order of any of these:

BOG (dinner)
Ohana (dinner)
Le Cellier (dinner)
Tusker House (lunch)
Chef Mickey's (dinner)
Raglan Road (dinner)
Cape May (breakfast)
HDDR
1900 Park Fare (breakfast)
Kona (breakfast)
50's Prime Time (lunch)
Sci-Fi (dinner)

Thanks!

Old 02-08-2013, 03:43 AM   #10
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

Other than Akershus our 1st lunch we just make all the reservations as I see them available. This was an interesting trip becaus einstead of ( as in years before) trying to score Le Cellier I was trying to get dinner at BoG. Insist went ahead and made all our reservations but checked every day (when I remembered) to see if BoG was avail. Finally after about 2 wks. it was.
Also, let me say this is aberrant res. making for me DH surprised me with this trip so I was well within the 180 mark! You better believe I have the 180 marked and set the alarm for Sept. trip!!! That being said, even looking now with a trip looming large most restaurants have openings. I think the biggest thing for us (or me as I make the ressies) is that if you can't get the reservation your heart desires you will move I quickly and still have a wonderful, magical trip! This also goes for the few and far between totally SNAFU(d) meals. An in obtainable res., canceled tour don't define your holiday. The memories to create, people you meet and experiences you have are far and away more important than a missed CRT princess dinner, it's the time together and memories created that define your trip. Don't let your memories be scarred by a missed ADR

hotcarib is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: