Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
ChemGirl2000
Earning My Ears

Easter On Board

This may have been answered in another post somewhere. But I JUST realized that we will be onboard the Disney Wonder over Easter. (I know...all I can think about is the cruise not what might actually be going on with the rest of the world.)

Has anyone cruised with Disney over Easter? Are there any Easter related activities? (i.e. egg hunts, coloring eggs, etc....) I'm trying to decide if I need to put plastic eggs on my packing list for our room for my DD5/DS1. And, yes, I am already making my lists.

Thanks!
ChemGirl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

We boarded on Easter last year and there was nothing except Holy Week mass every morning for the Catholics.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #3
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

We were on the Wonder for Easter 2011, actually in Cabo San Lucas on Easter. The White Rabbit was there, but no Easter Bunny, no egg hunts. They had a lot of giant chocolate Easter eggs made up, and they were on display for a midnight dessert buffet.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
micheleq
DIS Veteran

I've read that there will be Easter baskets for purchase on the DCL website under the "Gifts" section. Right now there are Valentine's Day items on the website until 2/28. I would think shortly after that the baskets would up in the website.

There are a few threads floating around about Easter on the ships; I believe one said their kids did participate in an egg hunt.

CB 1/01 SSR 12/08 YC-CL 10/11 SSR 11/14 VGF 1/15
Magic Western Caribbean 2/12
Wonder Easter 3/13 Western Caribbean
Fantasy Easter 4/14 Eastern Caribbean
DL PPH-CL 8/13
micheleq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
LasseKjus
Mouseketeer

Easter on the Magic last year and the white rabbit was there. There was an easter egg hunt, which we skipped and facepainting of easterish stuff.
LasseKjus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
mmmears
DIS Veteran

We disembarked on Easter. The only thing I saw was a few decorations in the lobby (Large chocolate eggs with Disney characters around them if I remember correctly).

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #7
queenbee99
DIS Veteran

This, we were on the Magic in 2011 for Easter and the White Rabbit was there. They did Donald and Daisy in their Eastery outfits and they had a dance party where all the characters were in Eastery outfits. They had face painting and did chocolates in bags with face painting at the end. They had egg hunts in the kids club but you had to sign up for it that day because it was in the part where the computers were and they only let a few kids in at a time. They had to go thru this tunnel to get there and dd thought it was fun.

We shopped at WDW for the Duffy in the Easter suit before we boarded only to come on the boat to find them selling them there. We brought plastic eggs and the Easter Bunny hid them everywhere...on the balcony, in the bath, in our fish extender....Dd had a blast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasseKjus View Post
Easter on the Magic last year and the white rabbit was there. There was an easter egg hunt, which we skipped and facepainting of easterish stuff.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #8
ChemGirl2000
Earning My Ears

Great info!

Thanks so much for the info. We board on Saturday with Easter on Sunday (at sea).
ChemGirl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: