Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 12:54 AM   #166
akhaloha
Mouseketeer

30 minutes Cardio Axe (Brazil Butt Lift DVD)
30 minutes Strength Training (Les Mills Pump & Burn)

155/1000
Old 02-06-2013, 05:18 AM   #167
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran

30 minutes on the treadmill

139/600
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #168
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Smile

Good morning everyone! Hope your week is going well.

2/5 - 45 minute walk
45 minutes on elliptical
10 minutes PT exercises

241/1300

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #169
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

60 minute walk

30 minutes stairs ( last night )

285/1200

pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #170
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagny View Post
My dearest Rose.... any ideas on what to do while I am nursing this broken foot of mine. Gained 6 pounds since Marathon weekend from sitting on my All Star Sports....
I think I will be joining you soon. My back is very, very angry at me and I am self diagnosing it as piriformis syndrome. I go to the doctor Friday.

Are you in a cast or a boot? If you are in a boot can you get in the pool? I trained for the 2012 Princess in the pool "running" in the deep end with a float belt on? Our Y has a crank machine--I am sure there is a more formal term, but it has a seat and you can adjust the resistance and crank our a workout with your arms. It is really hard and I am usually dripping sweat at the end. When I had to be off my foot I was up to 20-30 minutes--10 each direction. Yesterday I did 2 each direction....It is hard!

You can lift weights from a bench and be off your foot. Yesterday I used the bench because my back was hurting so much. You could try chair yoga--which if you google it, it will come up saying it is for seniors, but one thing I read said for those with mobility issues as well.

I am sorry you are having to deal with this. It is so difficult when you are used to being active. And it is so hard for me to control the emotional eating when I am injured, so I totally get what you are dealing with. I told Mike that if I am sidelined again he is going to have to come get me off the roof.

Hang in there!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #171
JimB.
DIS Veteran

135 minutes cardio and weights yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
GATOR NATION RULES!!!
JimB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #172
Chicago262
Mouseketeer

Forgot to post Mon & Tues... An hour Strong class on Mon and an hour WERQ class on Tuesday bring me to:

330/2013

Heading to the gym now to rack up some more minutes...

Deanna

12/10 - WL, 1/10 - AKL,10/08 - WL & MNSSHP & Discovery Cove, 12/06 - Surprise Christmas trip WL & MVMCP, 9/05 - WL, 11/04 - WL, 5/03 - Ten yr. Anniversary trip WL, 4/93 - Disneymoon Dixie Landings, other off-site trips that I fail to mention on purpose (less magic if you stay off property)

Chicago262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #173
Debbie19
Mouseketeer

30 minutes Curves

55 minutes exercise bike

230/1000

Debbie
Old 02-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #174
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

2/5- 45 min of PT (OUCH!)

95/950

I'm sick, and my knees hurt. Not a good start to February exercising!

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #175
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Updated through post 174.

Hang in there everyone! Lots of injuries and illness, so just do the best that you can. That's all you can really do.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #176
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike
I think I will be joining you soon. My back is very, very angry at me and I am self diagnosing it as piriformis syndrome. I go to the doctor Friday.

Are you in a cast or a boot? If you are in a boot can you get in the pool? I trained for the 2012 Princess in the pool "running" in the deep end with a float belt on? Our Y has a crank machine--I am sure there is a more formal term, but it has a seat and you can adjust the resistance and crank our a workout with your arms. It is really hard and I am usually dripping sweat at the end. When I had to be off my foot I was up to 20-30 minutes--10 each direction. Yesterday I did 2 each direction....It is hard!

You can lift weights from a bench and be off your foot. Yesterday I used the bench because my back was hurting so much. You could try chair yoga--which if you google it, it will come up saying it is for seniors, but one thing I read said for those with mobility issues as well.

I am sorry you are having to deal with this. It is so difficult when you are used to being active. And it is so hard for me to control the emotional eating when I am injured, so I totally get what you are dealing with. I told Mike that if I am sidelined again he is going to have to come get me off the roof.

Hang in there!
Dagny and rose- just saw this. I feel your pain. Seriously being injured is SO tough. People underestimate the emotional strain. I try to get thru it by doing all the things I never have time to do, like go thru my giant stack of cooking magazines to look for new recipes, and shore up other body parts w strength moves. But sometimes, Icecream is the only cure...

Just try to remember that u will get thru it and be stronger (physically and mentally) for having done so.

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Old 02-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #177
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Rose. I know there are a lot of us struggling right now.

I hope that you, Dagny, Figment and everyone else can get answers from your docs that will help you get back into the action as quickly as possible.

I was able to get in 40 minutes today.

15 minutes stationary bike
25 minutes elliptical

Brings me to 270/625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Updated through post 174.

Hang in there everyone! Lots of injuries and illness, so just do the best that you can. That's all you can really do.

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #178
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post
Dagny and rose- just saw this. I feel your pain. Seriously being injured is SO tough. People underestimate the emotional strain. I try to get thru it by doing all the things I never have time to do, like go thru my giant stack of cooking magazines to look for new recipes, and shore up other body parts w strength moves. But sometimes, Icecream is the only cure...

Just try to remember that u will get thru it and be stronger (physically and mentally) for having done so.
Thanks. This is my 4th injury in 2 years which is going to require pt or rest (I am assuming). I am seriously debating whether it is time to hang up my running shoes. I have never felt stronger (cardiovascularly) and weaker (glutes/back) at the same time. It is what it is...but mostly it is just frustrating. Thanks again for the good thoughts.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #179
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike
Thanks. This is my 4th injury in 2 years which is going to require pt or rest (I am assuming). I am seriously debating whether it is time to hang up my running shoes. I have never felt stronger (cardiovascularly) and weaker (glutes/back) at the same time. It is what it is...but mostly it is just frustrating. Thanks again for the good thoughts.
Don't give up. I feel your pain- seriously. I have been battling an injury for 2 years as well - and had a second and third thrown in there too. I have decided that I just am going to listen to my body tho and do what I feel is best. So rest, or exercise, and ice and heat and massage and stretches and strength moves are my combo. Pt and extended rest have not worked for me but i don't have a back problem (I have a knee /quad issue plus I had a foot, shin, and neck problem last year that have healed).

Random question- how is your work environment seating? And mattress, and shoes? Sometimes it's not our movements, it's other stuff. after countless testing and lots of pt, a new chair at work solved my neck/headaches. (4 months of headaches!)

Old 02-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #180
DisneyBelle99
DIS Veteran

40 min treadmill, 20 min machines, another 40 min walking=100 today
Total so far: 160/999
DisneyBelle99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: