nocomment711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #512
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment711 View Post
Sorry I disappeared. Went away for a week. -.-

Gained almost 3 pounds. Not happy.
Welcome back! And I remember someone mentioning on this thread about how there is always room to hop back on the wagon. Don't worry about the 3 pounds. Just start from where you are now

I'm hoping to get one more pound lost before this month is over. That won't get me to my monthly goal, but it is one more pound lost. Wish me luck (and self control.)

QOTD: I definitely find as I eat better and less, my appetitie decreases. When I'm eating right, one cookie is enough. When I'm not I'll eat half a dozen. (Though thin mints do not work in this equation. I can alway eat a whole roll of those.)

Last edited by dismagiclover; 02-25-2013 at 04:36 PM.
dismagiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #513
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Hi guys! I have out of commission for a week... first I was off the wagon for a few days, and then I got sick Still a bit under the weather but back up on the wagon now! I will never catch up so I will just jump in from here. I need to start exercising again, though it won't be near what I was doing before getting sick... my chest congestion and accompaning shortness of breath will be an issue for at least another week I think . But I do plan to start tonight with strength while watching the Biggest Loser Good news, while off the wagon I only gained 1 lb. MUCH better than I expected And even better news... I finally ordered a Bodymedia Fit Link armband!! I can't wait for it to come in the mail, should be just about the time I can start hitting the Y hard again I had planned to order the Core armband, because I really couldn't justify the $150 for the Link. But I wanted access to real time data so I had decided to get the Core + Display for $129. But then I checked Costco and they had the Link for $149 INCLUDING a 12 month subscription! So ultimtaley I spent $10 less to get the Link, hope I love it! $149 is a lot of $ for us...

Well ttfn, be back tonight to check in (I hope).

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #514
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Good morning Wishers. Today is Feb 25th. March is almost here, which means SPRING is around the corner.

I am trying to pull myself out of the funk I am in at the moment. Not feeling positive right now. My b-day is Wed and I will be 48. Yikes.

I need to do some organization today to get back on track. Things got away from me and did not go as planned.

So if you are like me, today is a new day and we can do it!!!
Hey ... Happy Early Birthday! I am 46 ... so right there with you. Hope you have a great birthday week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Good morning everybody! As usual, my weekend was packed from start to finish - camera class Saturday morning, dinner with BFF's Saturday night to celebrate DH's retirement/new job, and a 13 mile run on Sunday (ironically on the same day as the Princess), so I haven't checked in since Friday. Please indulge me while I catch up.

NSV-Most of the pants I bought almost 2 years ago when I started this job, no longer fit! I've been able to either buy new ones at smaller sizes, or can fit back into pants I haven't been able to get over these thighs in almost a year and a half! Whoo hoo!

DIS Name: Pluto has always been my fave Disney character and I just love, love, love dogs!

After three weeks stuck at the same darn weight , the numbers finally went down at the last weigh-in! I'm now only 6 pounds away from my goal weight that I want to hit before this summer's big trip. Keeping those fingers crossed!
You can make that number! Keep up the great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Happy birthday Mikamah!

QUOTD:2/25 Monday

Do you find as you're eating less your appetite gets less?

I finally kicked in as far as that goes-- I find I'm satisfied with less, only in the last week though and I started in January.
I find that when I finally start to get serious about losing weight, my body finally kicks in and starts to realize I don't need so much food. But I agree with others ... it has taken me since January to get to this point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post

I have a new 6th grade student today. I will have his class at noon, but another teacher texted me to let me know he has tattoos. 6th grade. Tattoos. Unbelievable, but not suprising for the students that I teach.

Okay, I am off to work on my progress reports. Have a great day!

Jill
Wow ... 12 years old with tattoos. That is so sad. What tattoo artist does that even if the parent agrees?

Quote:

Come on back! We would love to help take those 3 pounds away from you.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #515
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Managed to finally motivate myself to go to the gym. Once i was there i was so happy! Maybe now i can start really losing instead of gaining and losing the same pound!
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:14 AM   #516
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
When I'm eating right, one cookie is enough. When I'm not I'll eat half a dozen. (Though thin mints do not work in this equation. I can alway eat a whole roll of those.)
Tis the season lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Hi guys! I have out of commission for a week... first I was off the wagon for a few days, and then I got sick Still a bit under the weather but back up on the wagon now! I will never catch up so I will just jump in from here. I need to start exercising again, though it won't be near what I was doing before getting sick... my chest congestion and accompaning shortness of breath will be an issue for at least another week I think . But I do plan to start tonight with strength while watching the Biggest Loser Good news, while off the wagon I only gained 1 lb. MUCH better than I expected And even better news... I finally ordered a Bodymedia Fit Link armband!! I can't wait for it to come in the mail, should be just about the time I can start hitting the Y hard again I had planned to order the Core armband, because I really couldn't justify the $150 for the Link. But I wanted access to real time data so I had decided to get the Core + Display for $129. But then I checked Costco and they had the Link for $149 INCLUDING a 12 month subscription! So ultimtaley I spent $10 less to get the Link, hope I love it! $149 is a lot of $ for us...

Well ttfn, be back tonight to check in (I hope).
I'm sorry for you and the rest who have been sick or have some kind of injury. It is so frustrating to have some resolve and start seeing results to be just knocked down.
Sounds like you're making lemonade...good luck with your contraption. Ma kettle here is a bit technically challenged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfigment View Post
Managed to finally motivate myself to go to the gym. Once i was there i was so happy! Maybe now i can start really losing instead of gaining and losing the same pound!
Good! It's nice to have that social support too.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:58 AM   #517
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Good morning on Feb. 26! Well, I made some headway yesterday on getting out of this funk. Not quite there yet though. Where is SPRING, I need you!?

Today I go to the podiatrist and I am still waiting on my bloodwork results. I think it is starting to get to me.

QOTD for yesterday? Yep, my appetite is busted, thank goodness. That took about a month I would say.

I will say I am having trouble meal planning. I am sick of everything. Anyone else? Also I read that you are not supposed to have more than 12ozs of FISH in a week. That depresses me. I could eat it everyday. WAAH.

Enjoy your day today WISHERS!!!!
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #518
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
After three weeks stuck at the same darn weight , the numbers finally went down at the last weigh-in! I'm now only 6 pounds away from my goal weight that I want to hit before this summer's big trip. Keeping those fingers crossed!
for new numbers on the scale! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
QUOTD:2/25 Monday

Do you find as you're eating less your appetite gets less?

I finally kicked in as far as that goes-- I find I'm satisfied with less, only in the last week though and I started in January.
I think that I am getting better at listening to my body's signals about having enough food or thinking about whether I am really hungry, or am I bored or cranky, rather than eating. I do know I feel full most of the time when I eat now. It is a process!

Jill, hope that you are able to shake that cough soon. There is a special place in heaven for teachers, you know!

Quote:

Phooey! Glad you found your way back to us. Luckily the wagon is always close by so hop in, get back on track and use those regrets to move yourself forward again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Welcome back! And I remember someone mentioning on this thread about how there is always room to hop back on the wagon. Don't worry about the 3 pounds. Just start from where you are now
Yep, always room in the wagon and it's never too late to join one of our challenges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Hi guys! I have out of commission for a week... first I was off the wagon for a few days, and then I got sick Still a bit under the weather but back up on the wagon now!
Sorry you have been feeling sick! Glad to have you back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
I find that when I finally start to get serious about losing weight, my body finally kicks in and starts to realize I don't need so much food. But I agree with others ... it has taken me since January to get to this point!
It is nice when that idea kicks in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfigment View Post
Don't you wish you could bottle that feeling and take it with you everywhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Good morning on Feb. 26! Well, I made some headway yesterday on getting out of this funk. Not quite there yet though. Where is SPRING, I need you!?

Today I go to the podiatrist and I am still waiting on my bloodwork results. I think it is starting to get to me.

QOTD for yesterday? Yep, my appetite is busted, thank goodness. That took about a month I would say.

I will say I am having trouble meal planning. I am sick of everything. Anyone else? Also I read that you are not supposed to have more than 12ozs of FISH in a week. That depresses me. I could eat it everyday. WAAH.

Enjoy your day today WISHERS!!!!
Good luck at the podiatrist today!

I would do some more research on the fish consumption amounts. I did some quick research and could only find the 12 oz recommendation for pregnant women. I did find limit to 6 oz a week of the fish they say could have mercury. Some of the information that is out there is several years old, too, so look for more modern info and let us know what you find.

Minichallenge for the rest of February: Write down 100 things you could do besides eating.

This was inspired by our QOTD and another discussion I have been having about eating when you are hungry. One of my friends challenged us to write down 100 things you can do besides eating. Write your list and share some of your ideas. Then whip that list out next time you are tempted to eat "just because."
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #519
nocomment711
Ces Soirees-La

I dunno what was up with my scale yesterday, but I don't think it is possibly that I dropped nearly 5 pounds overnight... I don't know what to believe.
nocomment711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #520
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

just saying I'm still here!!

Just been a busy few weeks with winter break and back to back to back dentist appts, etc.

BTW, can someone please send a memo to Old Man Winter that he can go on vacation now?!?!?
Old 02-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #521
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I dunno what was up with my scale yesterday, but I don't think it is possibly that I dropped nearly 5 pounds overnight... I don't know what to believe.
did you weigh in at the same time? Did you have a lot of sodium the past few days? water?

all those are contributing factors.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #522
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
did you weigh in at the same time? Did you have a lot of sodium the past few days? water?

all those are contributing factors.
Yeah-- I'd check your batteries too.

Sorry it took me so long to post quotd today. Watching the oscars this year and knowing many of us are bummed about aging I set out to find picture of bodies over 40 to aspire to. Found that to be quite difficult unless you are a celebrity and everyone knows they put a lot of money into their faces and bodies. Did find some fun over 40 calendars for charities that are inspiring...

Anyway quotd 2/26 Tuesday:

Who is your over 40 role model?

For me it's always been Susan Sarandon, Halle Berry, Suzanne Somers but I ran across this picture today of Salma Hayek who is 45 and swears up and down she's had no plastic surgery even though people say she's had implants.

This was a recent pic and I think she's gorgeous.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #523
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Realized today I am down a pound this week--just didn't realize it all week. Had to do math...lol.

Speaking of math I did some on Misty. Thanks to the boards I have a track record for her. I got her on Jan 22nd and about a week later noticed she looked pregnant. By all accounts you really can't notice any pregnancy in cats until they are at least 3 weeks so I figure she's at least 49 days in and gestation is generally 63 days. So I just have to be patient and enjoy them kicking around in her tummy lol. I think it's actually pretty good of me to call it so early but really even though haven't had much experience with pregnant cats I did have a cat when I was 19 who got pregnant her first heat (she was only 4 months old and my boyfriend "accidentally' let her out. I was very interested in her pregnancy then and also got knocked up the same time lol so all the stages were very interesting to me. It makes me feel better too knowing that we couldn't possibly be responsible for the kittens too even though she got out twice in the first week we got her-- there would have been no way for me to tell in that short of time.

I have lost my mind with impatience about this though-- I need to focus on something else...maybe I'll try the 100 things...
Old 02-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #524
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Hi Wishers, I am back from the podiatrist. I did like the place and the philosophy they have, was made for me. (Let's hope!)

Diagnosis, my tendons are tight as heck. (DUH, knew that already.)

His approach for my treatment is....

1) Wearing "Minimalist Shoes" when I do wear shoes and going barefoot when I can. Makes sense that is for sure. You can google minimalist shoes to see what that is all about. Basically, wearing a minimalist shoe will put my foot into a "passive stretch" which will help cure my issue. Wearing a pair right now. They are Merrell's and were 100 bucks.

2) I am going for some physical therapy on my feet starting tomorrow.

3) Foot massage. He has a guy from Thailand who does foot massage for 60 bucks an hour.

So I am excited to get started on this journey so I can get my life back!!!

QOTD? Women over 40 role models? Well, I don't know.

I really like fashion, brains, and drive so I will nominate Anna Wintour aka "Devil Wears Prada" or also known as "Nuclear Wintour".
She is 63.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #525
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Sorry for being so absent! Trying to catch up at work is very tiring.

But great success: I restarted the 30 Day Shred today and survived the exercise. So I am officially healthy again. I restarted with level 1 - will do this for another 2 days and then try my best at level 2 again. I lost exactly 7 days of training, but since I am going back 4 days, this will turn into a "41 day shred and flu"...

QOTD: I love the question, but fail to come up with an answer. I agree that Selma Hayek looks great - and I love it that she does not just look thin. However, she is just such a different type from me that I can't identify with her. I think I draw my role models more from everyday life and often watch other women who are slightly older than me to figure out in which direction I want to move (or not!).
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: