Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #481
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

QOTD Saturday:

Pix13dust : I love tinker bell she's cute and very naughty!!

Hey Pamela, I think you asked about my juice fast. It's actually not fruit juices. It's mostly vegetables, most juices are: kale, spinach, parsley, cukes, and celery with an apple and strawberries to add sweetness.

I'm starting to get my husband interested in healthy eating, yay! And he's even becoming more supportive of my exercising and healthy eating. It's been a good week

I love reading all the responses to today's QOTD.

Melinda
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #482
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Evening all! Sorry I didn't make it on sooner than this. When I got home from the Y today it was straight into laundry and cleaning and cooking. It just consumed the whole day! I don't think I stopped moving until I sat down for dinner at 6:00pm!

On the menu for tonight was broccoli cheddar soup and DD requested that it be served in bread bowls, so I made those this afternoon as well. I stayed within my Points because I ate light earlier in the day, but definitely went on carb overload...but it was so yummy! And there is enough soup left for another day.

We are supposed to get 6-12 inches of snow tonight, so probably no church in the morning. That's okay, as I could use a sleep-in day.

Well, nothing more important to report from me, so I'm off to watch a few TED talks with DD for our Saturday night entertainment! .........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #483
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post

Hey Pamela, I think you asked about my juice fast. It's actually not fruit juices. It's mostly vegetables, most juices are: kale, spinach, parsley, cukes, and celery with an apple and strawberries to add sweetness.

I'm starting to get my husband interested in healthy eating, yay! And he's even becoming more supportive of my exercising and healthy eating. It's been a good week

Melinda
Your juices sound great! So many people only juice fruit and carrots. Have you ever juiced a sweet potato? One of the health blogs I follow has a recipe that includes it. I never would have thought of it. How about beets? They make everything such a pretty color, but they are very "earthy" tasting, so I tend to use them sparingly.

Love to hear about any good juice recipes you find......P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #484
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla

Your juices sound great! So many people only juice fruit and carrots. Have you ever juiced a sweet potato? One of the health blogs I follow has a recipe that includes it. I never would have thought of it. How about beets? They make everything such a pretty color, but they are very "earthy" tasting, so I tend to use them sparingly.

Love to hear about any good juice recipes you find......P
Funny you should mention beets and sweet potatoes. I had a beatnik today : beets, carrots, apple and ginger. It was yummy, I would use a little less carrot next time. I also bought the ingredients for a Sweet P: sweet potato, pear, splash of vanilla almond Milk and cinnamon garnish. I can't wait to try it.
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #485
DisFam95
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Funny you should mention beets and sweet potatoes. I had a beatnik today : beets, carrots, apple and ginger. It was yummy, I would use a little less carrot next time. I also bought the ingredients for a Sweet P: sweet potato, pear, splash of vanilla almond Milk and cinnamon garnish. I can't wait to try it.

Oh I've missed you're juicing info. What machine are you using? We had a juicer and loved the juice but cleaning was a huge PITA carefully cleaning the sharp filter, pulp container and hence stopped our commitment. PLus I always had issue with not getting the fiber of the veg. We recently got our Vitamix and totally love it. Same taste and smooth as silk but cleaning could not be easier, fill w water and buzz for 15sec and rinse.

We do a lot of veg and a bit of fruit to add the sweetness. I've never eaten so many veg in my life!

Had a good week and down 2.2 pounds - not sure how that happened. Well I guess the last 3 days I have to say I was spot on perfect with my food intake. No cheats or sweets. TOM starts this coming week so hoping not to undo what I;ve done this week
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:35 PM   #486
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
Mine is my regular online name. It originally came from my mom calling me her night angel and my sister her day angel. My sister is a blond and I have black hair. Back in high school, I went by NightAngel99 (graduation year), but then after high school I didn't think that was cool. lol So i needed to change it but NightAngel by itself was never available. I was also a huge X-files fan, so I tried putting an X on the end and it worked! Its unique enough that I almost always get it.

Sorry I've been MIA. I've been really busy. But I have been good at exercising and counting calories.

I weighed in today! Down to 203.8!!! Wooohoo! Finally some movement! I also took measurements (i measure myself once per month) and while I won't bore you with all the measurements my waist and bust is down a full inch and a half inch off nearly everything else I measure. YaY! So excited!

Also I've been realizing some non-scale victories. When i was at 220 (and above) it was starting to get hard to put my socks and shoes on. Not too difficult, but enough to be frustrated by it. But a week or so ago I was putting on socks and shoes and realized how easy it was.

Then last year when I was doing fertility treatments often times my wedding ring was so tight it would hurt and leave red marks. I honestly thought about getting them resized bigger because I feared if I got pregnant they might have to be cut off. However now they are so big they are moving around sometimes (but they fit most of the time).

Oh and DH is down 4 lbs!!!! So we are on our way!

I hope everyone else is having a wonderful weekend!! Keep up all the hard work. We can do it!!!
great!

Quote:
QOTD Saturday:

Pix13dust : I love tinker bell she's cute and very naughty!!

Melinda
For both above-- that's awesome to have dh's on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Evening all! Sorry I didn't make it on sooner than this. When I got home from the Y today it was straight into laundry and cleaning and cooking. It just consumed the whole day! I don't think I stopped moving until I sat down for dinner at 6:00pm!

On the menu for tonight was broccoli cheddar soup and DD requested that it be served in bread bowls, so I made those this afternoon as well. I stayed within my Points because I ate light earlier in the day, but definitely went on carb overload...but it was so yummy! And there is enough soup left for another day.

We are supposed to get 6-12 inches of snow tonight, so probably no church in the morning. That's okay, as I could use a sleep-in day.

Well, nothing more important to report from me, so I'm off to watch a few TED talks with DD for our Saturday night entertainment! .........P
I envy your dinner and your snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
Oh I've missed you're juicing info. What machine are you using? We had a juicer and loved the juice but cleaning was a huge PITA carefully cleaning the sharp filter, pulp container and hence stopped our commitment. PLus I always had issue with not getting the fiber of the veg. We recently got our Vitamix and totally love it. Same taste and smooth as silk but cleaning could not be easier, fill w water and buzz for 15sec and rinse.

We do a lot of veg and a bit of fruit to add the sweetness. I've never eaten so many veg in my life!

Had a good week and down 2.2 pounds - not sure how that happened. Well I guess the last 3 days I have to say I was spot on perfect with my food intake. No cheats or sweets. TOM starts this coming week so hoping not to undo what I;ve done this week
Yeah every month I am completely waylaid by this awful "friend"

Husband cleaned the spare room tonight so I feel better leaving Misty alone now. Plus there's just no cat free zone where I think she would feel safe in the house so this is how it will have to be. Managed to ride my bike to work again..yay and didn't get rained on lol.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #487
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

quotd 2/24 Sunday

NSV's NSV's I am loving NSV's.

Since the start of the year what is your favorite Non Scale Victory? If you haven't had any luck yet so far then name something from your past.

For me it's less pain. The more I lose the less back pain I have...
Old 02-24-2013, 03:04 AM   #488
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Good Morning everyone!

I am finally feeling better. Woke up this morning and besides the little bit of coughing I am feeling like a normal person again! Very happy that I get today to just relax before heading out to work tomorrow. It snowed over night and now the sun is coming out, so after breakfast I am going to head out for a walk! So much looking forward to being outside and getting some mild exercise. Still will wait a few more days until I restart the 30 Day Shred though.

I am also back at tracking calories. I think I did rather well through my illness to not eat too much junk. Yesterday when I went shopping I thought I would like a treat and was looking at all the candy and realized that all of this was not really appealing to me as it is far too sweet. Yay! I know I am a good place when I don't like store bought candy anymore!!

QOTD:

I actually had a NSV yesterday. I took out the "pre-packing bin" as my trip to Florida is coming closer and I wanted to start collecting stuff to figure out what I might want to buy before the trip etc. I have one skirt that is a size 6 (I actually think they might have mislabeled it ) which is a great summer skirt that has come on trips to WDW in the past with me. I tried it on yesterday expecting it still being too small. But no, it wasn't!! It is very tight, but I could wear it today!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:09 AM   #489
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Wishers!!!

NSV for the QOTD? Well, that is my favorite for sure!!!!

1) Feel better. I feel like I have so much more energy.

2) Eating better and taking my probiotics faithfully has made my digestive system better in many ways. My reflux is better because I am not drinking soda or eating bad stuff before bed. And I am more "regular" if you catch my drift.

3) Hoping for good numbers on my cholesterol next week. That remains to be seen but I am sure it is going to be improved. So overall "health" for the body is better.

4) I am FIXING everything including this stupid foot. I have an appt. to see a podiatrist now. I will not stop until I see someone who actually helps me. Hopefully I have found it. Their philosophy on their website is something I agree with.

5) Losing inches because that is what it is about for me. I have lost 2 inches around the middle.

6) CLOTHES!!!! I am excited to shop and buy clothes. My self esteem is much better with that. Instead of going UP UP UP in sizes, it is going the other way. My closet looks like GOODWILL because I have not been buying clothes for several yrs. Heck, thrift shops look better than my closet and I know because we have been shopping there. (Yes I shop thrift now, esp for jeans. We have so MANY thrift stores now, it is crazy.)
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #490
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Those both sound yummy! I take it that you didn't find the beet taste overwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post

I would love to have a Vitamix, but the price holds me back. I bought my juicer after my DH had his accident and was on liquids for about 8weeks. It had to be just liquid with no fiber, or else it would get stuck in his wires. Wish I could have taken that money and put it toward a Vitamix instead. I sometimes use the pulp in baked goods (if I have planned ahead and as long as it is organic) and we compost the pulp as well.

Wowza on 2.2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post

I envy your dinner and your snow.

Dinner was delish and so easy! Recipe is on the WISH recipe thread!

And you are welcome to the snow. Only got about 3 inches during the night, but it is coming down strong now!

Yeah every month I am completely waylaid by this awful "friend"

Husband cleaned the spare room tonight so I feel better leaving Misty alone now. Plus there's just no cat free zone where I think she would feel safe in the house so this is how it will have to be. Managed to ride my bike to work again..yay and didn't get rained on lol.
So lucky to be having biking weather!

Quote:
quotd 2/24 Sunday

Since the start of the year what is your favorite Non Scale Victory? If you haven't had any luck yet so far then name something from your past.

NSV? I guess it would be wearing and feeling confident in a clingy wrap dress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Good Morning everyone!

I am finally feeling better. Woke up this morning and besides the little bit of coughing I am feeling like a normal person again! Very happy that I get today to just relax before heading out to work tomorrow. It snowed over night and now the sun is coming out, so after breakfast I am going to head out for a walk! So much looking forward to being outside and getting some mild exercise. Still will wait a few more days until I restart the 30 Day Shred though.

I am also back at tracking calories. I think I did rather well through my illness to not eat too much junk. Yesterday when I went shopping I thought I would like a treat and was looking at all the candy and realized that all of this was not really appealing to me as it is far too sweet. Yay! I know I am a good place when I don't like store bought candy anymore!!

QOTD:

I actually had a NSV yesterday. I took out the "pre-packing bin" as my trip to Florida is coming closer and I wanted to start collecting stuff to figure out what I might want to buy before the trip etc. I have one skirt that is a size 6 (I actually think they might have mislabeled it ) which is a great summer skirt that has come on trips to WDW in the past with me. I tried it on yesterday expecting it still being too small. But no, it wasn't!! It is very tight, but I could wear it today!
Glad you feel better! How about just some stretching or yoga after your walk, if your not up to JM yet?

Woohoo on the skirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Good Morning Wishers!!!

NSV for the QOTD? Well, that is my favorite for sure!!!!

1) Feel better. I feel like I have so much more energy.

2) Eating better and taking my probiotics faithfully has made my digestive system better in many ways. My reflux is better because I am not drinking soda or eating bad stuff before bed. And I am more "regular" if you catch my drift.

3) Hoping for good numbers on my cholesterol next week. That remains to be seen but I am sure it is going to be improved. So overall "health" for the body is better.

4) I am FIXING everything including this stupid foot. I have an appt. to see a podiatrist now. I will not stop until I see someone who actually helps me. Hopefully I have found it. Their philosophy on their website is something I agree with.

5) Losing inches because that is what it is about for me. I have lost 2 inches around the middle.

6) CLOTHES!!!! I am excited to shop and buy clothes. My self esteem is much better with that. Instead of going UP UP UP in sizes, it is going the other way. My closet looks like GOODWILL because I have not been buying clothes for several yrs. Heck, thrift shops look better than my closet and I know because we have been shopping there. (Yes I shop thrift now, esp for jeans. We have so MANY thrift stores now, it is crazy.)
I love thrift stores! The majority of my wardrobe is second hand (by choice). I can have MORE that way!

Enjoy shopping for some new goodies!

Morning all! Well, so much for my sleep-in! I was wide awake at 6:15 am! No church today, as it is snowing heavily.

I'm enjoying my coffee while I wait for the family to rise. I will indulge them with pancakes today. Whole grain with a few chocolate chips for the kids and flaxseed for DH and I.

I made a new recipe last night that I found on my new favorite healthy blog (www.rabbitfoodformybunnyteeth.com) and I am anxious to try it this morning. It is refrigerator jam made with chia seeds (the newest healthy food craze around here). I made blueberry jam and I can't wait to try it on my flaxseed pancakes. Actually, DD made it and I just helped.

I recorded a few shows yesterday on my new favorite TV channel (Veria) and now I am going to relax and watch a bit! Speaking of TV, does anyone know where I can rent/borrow season 2 of Downton Abbey? It isn't available on Netflix and I've only found season 3 on DVD.

Off to enjoy my coffee, watch the snow fly, and relax before the family is up and running! ............P

Old 02-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #491
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone! This is a quick check in. My boys are at Sunday school until 10:30 & I'm at Panera. I got all caught up last night & went to reply (on my phone) and the app closed. Then none of my apps would work. Then my phone shut off & I lost all of my contacts. Grrrrrr. So, I will be on again later when I have time to get on my computer. Happy Sunday!

Jill
Old 02-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #492
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

QOTD Sunday. my NSV is that since starting my diet 6 weeks ago, I have only woken up with a pounding headache on 2 occasions (it used to be very frequent.) On both occasions it was after I'd had chinese takeaway for dinner the night before. Now I've knocked that on the head, no headaches at all!!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #493
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Good morning everyone! This is a quick check in. My boys are at Sunday school until 10:30 & I'm at Panera. I got all caught up last night & went to reply (on my phone) and the app closed. Then none of my apps would work. Then my phone shut off & I lost all of my contacts. Grrrrrr. So, I will be on again later when I have time to get on my computer. Happy Sunday!

Jill
So sorry about the phone problems...hope I they are easily and quickly fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
QOTD Sunday. my NSV is that since starting my diet 6 weeks ago, I have only woken up with a pounding headache on 2 occasions (it used to be very frequent.) On both occasions it was after I'd had chinese takeaway for dinner the night before. Now I've knocked that on the head, no headaches at all!!!
Probably sodium and /or MSG related. Glad you figured it out!

Morning again! Power is flickering at times, probably due to heavy wet snow on the lines and limbs. Hopefully it won't go out and stay out. Still snowing, but it has slowed down. Probably got 6-8 inches of wet sticky snow. It is clinging to every branch and wire....so pretty.

Pancakes were good and the chia seed blueberry jam was good, but bland. I did end up adding a bit of sweetener to my portion.

No plan for lunch. I had assumed that pancakes would be BRUNCH for my sleepy-heads, but everyone rose fairly early, so they will actually want 3 meals today! There are leftovers to use up, so it will be a "help yourself" lunch.

Busy reading my new fave blog...so many great recipes and food ideas! BBL to chat........P

Old 02-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #494
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Susan, thanks for coaching this week! :thank:

Thanks for all those PMs. I will be updating the numbers tomorrow morning so you still have time to send me your updated number if you need to.

Quote:
QUOTD 2/22

Do you or have you ever taken any diet supplements of any kind?
I did the dexatrim way back when, too. We are all lucky we didn't kill ourselves off with that one. I think if there was a magic pill that worked we would know by now.

Quote:
My name is Susan by the way--not Jayne lol.

Quote:
Quote:

My name is Susan by the way--not Jayne lol.
HaHa...My name is Helen, not Eliza!!!! (Elizabeth is my middle name!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
And I am Fran, not Mary. Sorry ... just had to add to the thread. And I think I may have called you both Jayne and Eliza. Sorry about that.

TheMysteryMachine, hope the podiatrist helps you to feel better soon! It really is the pits to have foot pain.

Quote:
No diet suppliments for me as such. I take cod liver oil for my joints, but that's it. Not on any prescription drugs either, so guess I'm not doing too bad for 49 and a bit really!!!
Do you think it helps? I have joint pain, too.

Quote:
QUOTD 2/23 Sat.

What's the meaning of your DIS name?

An oldie but goodie and appropriate this week :-) Mine is for Jayne Mansfield. For those who don't know she was a 50's bombshell that sort of played second fiddle to Marilyn. I really love her because she started out with a few kids in tow when her husband was in the army to help support them and she was always working out even back then when it really wasn't very cool. She had a bunch of kids and pets and you may know her daughter Mariska Hargitay of Law and Order. Mickey Hargitay, her second husband was a champion body builder.
This is a great story, Susan!

Glad that you are feeling better, Magdalene!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Hi everyone. I'm a samer this week which is better than a gain, but I'd like a loss. I need to get more serious about not cheating. My goal for today is only fruits/vegatables and lean proteins. My plank is up to 55 seconds. It's tough though. I've incorporated a few hip exercises into my routine too because my hip has been bugging me after runs. I'm a bit conerned about that. I'm only at 10 miles a week or so. I've got lots of miles to prepare for Goofy and I don't want to deal with hip pain. Hopefully the exercises help take care of it.

QOTD: My name is self-explanatory, but it wasn't well thought out. I didn't think I'd be much of a poster so I didn't think it would matter. If I could choose again I'd pick something else. Probably MrsDarling because that fits with my trip report themes.

Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday!
This is me, too! Good idea getting ahead on the hip pain now. It takes forever to heal if you let it get ahead of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
I hope everyone else is having a wonderful weekend!! Keep up all the hard work. We can do it!!!
Great NSVs!

Quote:
quotd 2/24 Sunday

I'm glad that your back pain is improving, Susan.

I've had several NSVs. The best one was my check up where my cholesterol was down 30 points so no meds for me!

Keep up the good work everyone! This is our chance to finish strong! I will update tomorrow through all PMs received today. Then update again on Friday, March 1st with all PMs received through Thursday. After that I will be handing you off to our next hostess with the mostest, Pamela!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #495
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Did we have any Princess runners? I don't think so. I had a great time this morning following all the WISH folks and virtually cheering. Can't wait to be there next year in person.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: