Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #316
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
QOTD for Wednesday:

What has your weight less journey taught you about yourself so far?
That I need spoiling. Seriously to counteract all the deprivation and hunger-and not eating for comfort or entertainment, I need extra TLC.

Had a great breakfast today--a shake with yogurt, banana, milk, strawberries and blackberries.

Went to work out yesterday, had my backpack all packed and I was ready to go, then I peeked in to the pool area and no one was in the lanes so I maniacally undressed, showered and got 25 minutes of lap swimming in before someone popped into my lane. Didn't even ask me. For me sharing a lane just takes away any aerobic from it, if you have to wait for the other person-- it's just not how I do things. I just ducked under the rope and did 10 minutes of dog paddling.

I've decided for motivation I'm going to get a Figaro tattoo for my birthday which is April 15th. That is if I lose 10 pounds by then. Just a small one on my upper arm (least painful spot) black and white. My Mom always gives me $100 for my birthday and we should be getting our back pay from our raise. (almost 2 years worth)
I'm thinking something like these:

This will be a huge motivator for me I really really want it bad. You guys should look up pics of people with Disney tattoos-- there's some killer Disney tat's out there.

Last edited by 50sjayne; 02-13-2013 at 04:57 PM.
50sjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #317
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post

QOTD for Wednesday:

That I am really stubborn. That some things are really worth the hard work. That I am entitled to my feelings no matter what they are, but that there is really no reason to eat my way through those feelings. And that people will help you and support you if you let them--and along with that, it is pretty awesome to cheer on others as well.

So today I ran for 32 minutes (not very fast). Then I went to pt and had to warm up on the elliptical for 10 minutes--and I did not like their elliptical! She had me work on exercises to strengthen my core (including planks and bridges ) and worked on getting rid of the tightness in my back. My piriformis does not feel great today, but I am much more "moveable"--not so stiff, and that feels great! My homework--breathing, pelvic tilt, bridges, and moving cat. I will probably start adding in a little bit of plank too.

Pamela asked about the breathing--it is diaphragmatic breathing--in through the nose, out through pursed lips. Your chest should not rise, only your stomach. They actually have me practice by laying with one hand on my chest and one on my stomach. I am really bad at it. My understanding--it is the foundation of core stability. It is almost comical how bad I am at doing it.

Thanks for letting me ramble on about this.
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #318
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:

QOTD for Wednesday:

For me it certainly is how much of an emotional eater I am. I eat when I am unhappy. And I am unhappy when I gain weight and don't get any exercise. Not good - so I have learned to break out of that vicious cycle easier and earlier than I would have been able to in the past.
That I can be successful when I really put my mind to it. I just need to mentally stay the course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post

Hello Fran!! Our trip was wonderful. We had gorgeous weather (80s) and low crowds. The kids had a blast. We got to do everything on our lists plus so much more. It was very sad coming back to western PA. DH is not having any luck in the job search (respiratory therapy). Everything seems to be per diem so hospitals don't have to pay benefits. Even the hospital he is in (has worked there for 9 years) isn't hiring full time. It's really disappointing. He has expanded his search to Pittsburgh and Cleveland, but I don't know if it's worth the hours of driving and cost of gas. So, we are currently stressing about relocating. Actually, the only real stress is selling our house
I am so glad you had a great trip. Sounds like you had a nice time together as a family. I am sorry about the job search for your husband. I have heard that hospitals are doing this a lot. Nurse anathesiologist (not sure if I spelled that correctly) are also starting to be paid as consultants since hospitals don't want to carry their insurance. I hope he finds something.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:19 AM   #319
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

[quote}
So today I ran for 32 minutes (not very fast). Then I went to pt and had to warm up on the elliptical for 10 minutes--and I did not like their elliptical! She had me work on exercises to strengthen my core (including planks and bridges ) and worked on getting rid of the tightness in my back. My piriformis does not feel great today, but I am much more "moveable"--not so stiff, and that feels great! My homework--breathing, pelvic tilt, bridges, and moving cat. I will probably start adding in a little bit of plank too.

Pamela asked about the breathing--it is diaphragmatic breathing--in through the nose, out through pursed lips. Your chest should not rise, only your stomach. They actually have me practice by laying with one hand on my chest and one on my stomach. I am really bad at it. My understanding--it is the foundation of core stability. It is almost comical how bad I am at doing it.

Thanks for letting me ramble on about this. [/QUOTE]

I think I missed something are you getting physical therapy or is this a personal trainer?

Helped daughter move today--husband saw her and her boyfriend walking, pulled over and made her talk to me. We had heard this week she was homeless for a few weeks....was a little worried....but she found a good place, everything is in her name so she can kick out useless if he $%#*'s up again. Some womens program is paying 1/2 the rent. She also says she's going back to school--he's been a problem with this.
Still had enough time to lift weights at least tonight. Tomorrow I'll probably just do the elliptical.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #320
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY WISHERs!

I do NOT have to sit in a doctor's office or drive anyone to ANY type of doctor today!!! (fingers crossed there)

DH told me last night he lost 2lbs!!! He said he ate Chik Fil A for lunch yesterday but had to MAKE SURE to tell me that he asked for the nutritional menu first and looked it over before he ordered!!! Something is sinking in.

So far I am on track and the weigh in better be good tomorrow.

Things are absolutely stressed here at my house to the maximum right now but I am staying the course FOR ME. I have to healthy in order to make it through.

Today I am going to head out to Victorias Secret and buy some fancy YOGA PANTS. It is time for a ME DAY. I have earned it.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #321
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Quote:
I actually cannot pick one favorite fruit. I love all fruit. In summer, I love all the berries and watermelon. In fall, I love fresh apples. In winter, I love all the citus fruits. Yum! I don't prepare fruit in any way. I just it it fresh and rip

THIS!! I am such an emotional eater. I eat when I am stressed. That is the reason I am not doing too good right now. Too much stress at work and home

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone. Just a quick check in before classes start. I swear I have less time to check in each day! And, it's going to get worse with the boys spring sports starting. Trying to fit in trips to the gym will be difficult, but I am going to try my best. Hopefully the weather will start warming up and I can get outside to run. I'm just not a cold weather runner. Trust me, I've tried! Running just gives me such a clear head. I think I need that right now!

Anyhow, to anyone who needs it. And, keep swimming! I'll check in later (hopefully~even if it's just to catch up reading). Have a great day!

Jill
Hope you stress levels will decrease soon! I hear you about winter running. For me it isn't so much the temperature as the lack of daylight. I just don't enjoy running in the darkness as that confines me to running around the block in circles.

Being an emotional eater, I find it even helps me to know that and therefore question my motives for eating something. I also find that it helps to have small treats, so I don't feel too bored with the food I am eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Morning friends! I'm working today, so I won't be around a lot, but DD may not be heading to regular practice tonight, so I might have some time when I get home to chat.... plus it is an early release day from school!

For some reason I am feeling just so big and bloated this week. I know I've been eating more carbs than usual, but still staying within my Points. Curious to see what the scale will show on Friday. Last week I posted a solid maintain... not bad, but was wishing for a loss.

I'll pop on again about 9:30 when my class heads to Art! I'll see if the QOTD is posted yet and try to do that before the kids are in here this morning.....P
Hope you will be able to post a loss tomorrow despite the carbs effect you are feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Good morning everybody! I'm on day 2 of getting up at 5:15 (yes a.m.!) to get a quick 20 minutes done on my elliptical before work. Of course, now it's 8:30am and I'm SO ready to go back to bed instead of sit at a desk all day. I don't drink coffee so thank goodness for Thermonex (basically caffeine in a capsule !)

Great QOTD! I think I've found that I'm not an emotional eater, but I used to be a bored eater. Sitting around watching TV? Let me stuff my face with something junky. Nothing to do, what convenient food can I find in the pantry. I do occasionally have days when I feel like I can't get enough to eat and end up munching all day long. I just try to to keep the munchies healthy, like fruit, veggies, string cheese, etc.

A big learning experience thanks to WW was really paying attention to portion sizes. Now I don't load my plate up with more than a serving (maybe a serving and a half) of pasta or rice, whereas before I would just keep scooping! Now that I've gotten used to what an actual serving sizes actually looks like, I don't have to measure as much and consequently eat less.

A big down side to all of this is how DH and friends seem to all think I've become obsessed with working out and watching what I eat, which I just don't get. Someone asked me the other day why I pay so much more attention to what I shove in my mouth now. I told her I just want to live a healthier lifestyle. I still party like a rockstar on the weekends and don't say no to margaritas and pizza, I just consume less of it. And now that I've found a running BFF who's just as crazy about putting in the miles as I do, I have someone to commiserate with over the sore legs, PR's, and race schedules . I think maybe DH is sad because he can't run with me as much as he used to due to chronic foot problems, but we still make it a point to run together at least once a week . I've read articles that sometimes people feel threatened (?) about others successful weight loss and see it as a bad thing. And it's not like I have any kind of disorder, I love food WAY too much for that! And I've discovered if I run too much, I always end up catching a cold. So now I only run three days a week, got to yoga 1-2 times a week, and only occasionally hit up the elliptical, as it's not my favorite. And as long as the weather is agreeable (record highs today in the 80's?! Yuck!), I walk at lunchtime just to alleviate 8 hours of sitting at a desk all day. Three mostly healthy meals a day, and a couple of healthy snacks, and there's a typical day. Does any of this sound extreme to anyone?

Now that I realize I've just gone on a DIS rant (sorry everybody!), I think what I've learned most about myself is I have to be patient and learn to make smart choices. And that it's okay to be human and eat those Girl Scout cookies when I want to !
First, don't worry about the rant! I often find it helpful to read about other people's weight loss struggle as it shows me that I am not the only one finding this difficult!

Then: Congratulations on managing to get your exercise in early! I rarely can get myself motivated for that.

Having learned to correctly judge portion sizes is a huge plus! Very helpful!

Finally, I am sorry that people around you seem to react negatively to your struggle to stay healthy. Pamela already had a very thoughtful reply to that. One thought that I had is that because people know a lot about eating disorders they might just be scared that you might get affected by that because you focus so much about food. So it might just be a way to show that they care for you, even if their fear is really unfounded. Not sure how you can educate people better that there is a very big distinction between a sensible, planned nutrition (which is what you are saying that you are doing!) and an eating disorder....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Me too!!! I suppose this answers the QOTD as well....

Taking back control of my home, life, and health is exhilarating, exhausting, depressing, scary, and on and on....

No more "emotional eating" as I am dealing emotions instead. Basically for me, my life has to change in many ways.

Many HUGS to all of us here!!!!

Yoga Pants!
So how was the yoga pants day??

Quote:
That I am more capable of change than I would have thought. That I am TRULY interested in HEALTH and FITNESS, not just being slim. And that I am WORTH IT!!
That's great!!

I think the distinction you make between being healthy and fit as opposed to just being slim is a very important one. While the first is maybe more difficult to acchieve, it just gives you so much more!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #322
Flossbolna

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
That I need spoiling. Seriously to counteract all the deprivation and hunger-and not eating for comfort or entertainment, I need extra TLC.

Had a great breakfast today--a shake with yogurt, banana, milk, strawberries and blackberries.

Went to work out yesterday, had my backpack all packed and I was ready to go, then I peeked in to the pool area and no one was in the lanes so I maniacally undressed, showered and got 25 minutes of lap swimming in before someone popped into my lane. Didn't even ask me. For me sharing a lane just takes away any aerobic from it, if you have to wait for the other person-- it's just not how I do things. I just ducked under the rope and did 10 minutes of dog paddling.

I've decided for motivation I'm going to get a Figaro tattoo for my birthday which is April 15th. That is if I lose 10 pounds by then. Just a small one on my upper arm (least painful spot) black and white. My Mom always gives me $100 for my birthday and we should be getting our back pay from our raise. (almost 2 years worth)
This will be a huge motivator for me I really really want it bad. You guys should look up pics of people with Disney tattoos-- there's some killer Disney tat's out there.
How great for you that you have found something to keep you motivated and on track - and being nice to oneself is really important! I hope you will be able to get your Figaro tatoo done, he is such a sweet looking cat! And if that is something that makes you happy I am sure it can be a great motivation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
That I am really stubborn. That some things are really worth the hard work. That I am entitled to my feelings no matter what they are, but that there is really no reason to eat my way through those feelings. And that people will help you and support you if you let them--and along with that, it is pretty awesome to cheer on others as well.

Thanks for letting me ramble on about this.
I am always impressed how you don't give up besides all those difficulties you encounter - so I can understand when you say you learned how stubborn you can be!

My core strength is really rather non existing, so I find it interesting what you say how that has affected you. Doing the 30 Day Shred I noticed how my abs have become stronger already and how that has an effect on my posture and the way I am walking. I really need to keep working on that area!

I hope you will keep getting better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
That I can be successful when I really put my mind to it. I just need to mentally stay the course.
The knowledge of being able to succeed can be very powerful!

Quote:
Helped daughter move today--husband saw her and her boyfriend walking, pulled over and made her talk to me. We had heard this week she was homeless for a few weeks....was a little worried....but she found a good place, everything is in her name so she can kick out useless if he $%#*'s up again. Some womens program is paying 1/2 the rent. She also says she's going back to school--he's been a problem with this.
Still had enough time to lift weights at least tonight. Tomorrow I'll probably just do the elliptical.
Good that you don't have to worry about your daughter maybe being homeless anymore!

Quote:
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY WISHERs!

I do NOT have to sit in a doctor's office or drive anyone to ANY type of doctor today!!! (fingers crossed there)

DH told me last night he lost 2lbs!!! He said he ate Chik Fil A for lunch yesterday but had to MAKE SURE to tell me that he asked for the nutritional menu first and looked it over before he ordered!!! Something is sinking in.

So far I am on track and the weigh in better be good tomorrow.

Things are absolutely stressed here at my house to the maximum right now but I am staying the course FOR ME. I have to healthy in order to make it through.

Today I am going to head out to Victorias Secret and buy some fancy YOGA PANTS. It is time for a ME DAY. I have earned it.
Happy Valentines Day to you as well! I love how positive your post is despite all the stress you have! Eating habits are very difficult to change, but it is great that your DH is more aware of what he eats now!

I had no idea that Victorias Secret sells yoga pants! They don't exist here in Germany and I have only been in one of their shops a few times when I was travelling in the USA. One of my possible treats if I manage to lose enough weight before my spring vacation in the US that I might pick up something nice there... Maybe even yoga pants!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Old 02-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #323
Flossbolna

Happy Valentines Day!!

This day also marks the end of the first half of February! For me it is also the day when I will try level 2 of the 30 Day Shred for the first time. I am a bit scared as I don't know which exercises will be waiting for me. But I am excited to progress to new challenges. I am still very much in love with this programm. It is so easy to fit in 30 minutes of exercise in front of my TV and I love the mixture of strength, cardio and abs. I already ordered Ripped in 30 to start that once I am done with the 30 Day Shred. And I am planning on using these workouts in the future as cross training from my running. Unfortunately due to weather and also tiredness from the 30DS I haven't been running for quite some time. Might try to fit a run in this weekend. Just hope it won't start snowing again...

While the scale still hates me, I was pleasantly surprised when a pair of trousers which I barely fit in before Christmas and hadn't tried on since, fits tightly, but comfortable enough to be worn! I love NSVs!!

On to the question of the day:

QOTD:
Yesterday was Ash Wednesday, so the lent has started which is a period of fasting and abstinence. While that is different from weight loss it is in a way similar. Many people take the idea of lent - whether in its religous context or totally seperate from that - to consciously abstain from something, be it food or anything else, maybe even something intangible. Have you ever consciously decided to do without something for a certain amount of time just for the experience of it - whether for lent or for any other reason?

Old 02-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #324
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Haven't had the time to come on for a few days. Let me answer a couple of the QOTDs I missed.

Fave fruit: I really love all of them. I don't think there's one fruit that I don't like. But right now my favorite is probably frozen grapes. I just find them so satisfying.

What has my weight loss journey taught me: That I am stronger than I thought I was. Since January 1st I have worked out 6 days a week every week and have been well within my points range every week (rarely touch my weekly or activity points). It hasn't even been a struggle because my whole mentality has shifted and now I am doing this FOR me. This is not some punishment, it's a reward to be able to work out every day. I know I can do it this time.

Well, my house was attacked by Cupid this morning. When the girls and I woke up we found the kitchen table fully decorated with rose petals, stuffed animals, chocolates, flowers and cards from DH. He is so sweet The girls and I also made him cookies that they decorated last night. So right now our house is a dieter's nightmare!! I sent some of the stuff to school with my 5 year old to give to her friends on the bus. The Lindt chocolates are 2 points a piece, so I figure I can eat 24 of them with my weekly points! (I'm only kidding). Honestly, as I said above I am just so on track and I know that I am worth it, so all these chocolates aren't even tempting me. Yes, I'll have a few and indulge my sweet tooth, but I'll count the points and I won't feel badly about it.

I hope everyone has a great Valentine's day with the ones you love!
October 2011: ASMo with DD4 and DD7months
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #325
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Valentines Day!!

This day also marks the end of the first half of February! For me it is also the day when I will try level 2 of the 30 Day Shred for the first time. I am a bit scared as I don't know which exercises will be waiting for me. But I am excited to progress to new challenges. I am still very much in love with this programm. It is so easy to fit in 30 minutes of exercise in front of my TV and I love the mixture of strength, cardio and abs. I already ordered Ripped in 30 to start that once I am done with the 30 Day Shred. And I am planning on using these workouts in the future as cross training from my running. Unfortunately due to weather and also tiredness from the 30DS I haven't been running for quite some time. Might try to fit a run in this weekend. Just hope it won't start snowing again...

While the scale still hates me, I was pleasantly surprised when a pair of trousers which I barely fit in before Christmas and hadn't tried on since, fits tightly, but comfortable enough to be worn! I love NSVs!!

QOTD:
Yesterday was Ash Wednesday, so the lent has started which is a period of fasting and abstinence. While that is different from weight loss it is in a way similar. Many people take the idea of lent - whether in its religous context or totally seperate from that - to consciously abstain from something, be it food or anything else, maybe even something intangible. Have you ever consciously decided to do without something for a certain amount of time just for the experience of it - whether for lent or for any other reason?
Missed the new QOTD while I was posting before. I can't say that I've ever decided to go without anything unless it was for dietary reasons. Like right now, I'm abstaining from all alcohol. I didn't drink much in the first place but those few glasses of wine a week add calories that I'd rather spend on food.

Congrats on progressing on the 30 day shred! I love Jillian I have that DVD from one of my previous weight loss attempts but haven't used it in a long time. Right now I'm doing TurboFire with Chalene Johnson and then intend on doing Jillian's Body Revolution once I'm done with that (they're both 12 week programs)
And congrats on your NSV!
October 2011: ASMo with DD4 and DD7months
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #326
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Happy Valentines Day!!

QOTD:
In the past, I also gave up drinking anything alcoholic, whether it be wine or mixed drinks. I don't drink a whole lot to begin with so it really wasn't that difficult, but sometimes it can be tricky as the DH occasionally likes to have a glass of wine with dinner. But I stick to my guns and stay with water. But, seeing as it's Valentine's Day, and we planned our date night at our fave local wine bar, that will SO not be the case tonight! It's all good though, I have an 11 mile run planned for this Saturday, I've been really good with my food and activity this week, and all of you wonderful ladies keep me so motivated!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #327
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
QOTD for Wednesday:

My weight loss journey has taught me alot about myself but the one that stands out is that I am capable of doing so much more than I realize!

Quote:
Good morning all. Sorry have not been around. A ton of awful stress to deal with.
So sorry for the stress! But woo hoo for yoga pants!

Quote:
Hello Fran!! Our trip was wonderful. We had gorgeous weather (80s) and low crowds. The kids had a blast. We got to do everything on our lists plus so much more. It was very sad coming back to western PA. DH is not having any luck in the job search (respiratory therapy). Everything seems to be per diem so hospitals don't have to pay benefits. Even the hospital he is in (has worked there for 9 years) isn't hiring full time. It's really disappointing. He has expanded his search to Pittsburgh and Cleveland, but I don't know if it's worth the hours of driving and cost of gas. So, we are currently stressing about relocating. Actually, the only real stress is selling our house
So sorry for your stress, too, Jill. I hope your DH finds the perfect job very soon!

Quote:
For some reason I am feeling just so big and bloated this week. I know I've been eating more carbs than usual, but still staying within my Points. Curious to see what the scale will show on Friday. Last week I posted a solid maintain... not bad, but was wishing for a loss.
Sorry for the fluffy feeling, Pamela. It is so not fun!

Quote:
Now that I realize I've just gone on a DIS rant (sorry everybody!), I think what I've learned most about myself is I have to be patient and learn to make smart choices. And that it's okay to be human and eat those Girl Scout cookies when I want to !
Kudos to you for learning how to make smart choices and still do what you want to do -- I call that success!

Quote:
Susan, a Figaro tattoo would definitely suit you! to you about your DD. She is a lovely young woman -- I always think of her with beautiful blue hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
I think that you will find that breathing thing helps with a lot of aspects of life, Rose! Funny how to you have to learn how to do something you do without thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
You go, Fran!

Quote:

QOTD:
Good luck with level 2 of the Shred! Be sure and let us know how it goes!

I find that nothing makes me crave something more than saying I can't have it for a certain amount of time. So I try to avoid it. But I do admire people who feel strongly enough about their convictions to take such things very seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
What has my weight loss journey taught me: That I am stronger than I thought I was. Since January 1st I have worked out 6 days a week every week and have been well within my points range every week (rarely touch my weekly or activity points). It hasn't even been a struggle because my whole mentality has shifted and now I am doing this FOR me. This is not some punishment, it's a reward to be able to work out every day. I know I can do it this time.
Isn't that wonderful? You are doing so well!

Quote:
It's all good though, I have an 11 mile run planned for this Saturday, I've been really good with my food and activity this week, and all of you wonderful ladies keep me so motivated!
I have an 11 mile run on Saturday, too. Good luck with yours! When is your next race? I have a 5 mile race in April and a half marathon at the end of May. Then it's on to
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #328
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Thank you so much, Magdalene, for coaching this week! You did a great job!

And a big WATP welcome to our new coach starting tomorrow, Jill.

A friendly reminder about weigh-in tomorrow. When you send me your PM if you would put the words "Weigh in 2/15" and your number in the subject line that is very helpful to me as I update the spreadsheet and double check the numbers.

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you and remember to love yourselves, too!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #329
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:

QOTD:
Oh yea. I posted before that I gave up sugar for a year in college. I also ate NO junk food including birthday cake. Drank black coffee.
Funny thing was the thought of sugar actually made me feel sick after awhile. Maybe it was psychological?

I gave up reg. soda 2 weeks ago? Maybe 3? In that time I have only had about 12 diet sodas. I am not giving up the diet but I hate it with a passion so it is not like I rush to drink it. I drink it to stop myself from getting a reg. soda.

I am not giving up anything else at this point because that is enough for me. Plus, I can't really think of anything I NEED to give up right now. Coffee is something that I would like to ditch in the future, but not ready yet. I don't want to.....
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #330
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

I have an 11 mile run on Saturday, too. Good luck with yours! When is your next race? I have a 5 mile race in April and a half marathon at the end of May. Then it's on to
We must be on the same Galloway calendar! My next one is a 10k on 3/9 and a Half on 3/30. I haven't signed up for anything after that, but probably will tackle another 5k in May before the big Italy trip. If the March Half goes well, I just may hit up one or two more before the W&D.

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: