Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #31
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

Ohhhhh I love trevis. And yes they are at bed bath and beyond. ...

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards
Old 02-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #32
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICX2 View Post
I have a Tervis tumbler from Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, and Hilton Head Resort. I saw the GF one on our trip in Dec. 2012 but did not think it was nice at all. My OKW, SSR and HHI Tervis all have a patch design that is awesome! The GF only had a wrap style that was brown with a light blue color polka dot and the scrolly type letters GF on it. You would never know it was from Disney. They did have a Tervis water bottle that had a GF patch but it was a dull brown and cream and not pretty to look at all. Hoping they roll these out for all resorts!!
It's all so personal. I saw that GF Tervis and was all over it. I LOVE love love it. Whereas I have passed up the patch ones at OKW (a resort I adore madly) multiple times because they are not to my style at all. Not even to collect it have I bought one.

The GF design on the tumbler is on everything GF related, including the strawberries and cream at the tea room. Anyone who has been to the GF would know it's from there.

I'm just beyond sad that I didn't buy the one from the cruise we'd just been on. I knew to buy it when I saw it, but I couldn't decide which one (decided on the more understated one), and then I just didn't GET how short the actual shopping time would be on a 3 night cruise. During the time the shops were open, my feet were closed, LOL.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #33
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot
I'm just beyond sad that I didn't buy the one from the cruise we'd just been on. I knew to buy it when I saw it, but I couldn't decide which one (decided on the more understated one), and then I just didn't GET how short the actual shopping time would be on a 3 night cruise. During the time the shops were open, my feet were closed, LOL.
Bumbershoot - if you post a request on the DCL board, someone may respond and purchase one for you. There are quite a few requests for Tervis and a lot of offers to purchase and ship them out. When DD and I cruised, we went down a couple of decks to take photos of a door for a fellow DISer, so you never know, your request may be granted!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #34
mouseketeermama
Mouseketeer

They had 2 at AKL, but neither of them said AKL. One was Zebra print and the other was Leopard.

Just a married to my raising our littleand tiny
mouseketeermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #35
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso

Bumbershoot - if you post a request on the DCL board, someone may respond and purchase one for you. There are quite a few requests for Tervis and a lot of offers to purchase and ship them out. When DD and I cruised, we went down a couple of decks to take photos of a door for a fellow DISer, so you never know, your request may be granted!
I'm going on the April 4th cruise, Bumbershoot.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #36
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
Oh wow, cool! I didn't realize we could make such requests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
I'm going on the April 4th cruise, Bumbershoot.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #37
jennabcassell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2minnie1 View Post
I want my Tervis at the Poly! I am going in June, but if anyone sees one let us know. I will order right away. they just do not have enough resort specific merchandise, especially for my Poly.
I couldn't agree with you more about the Poly merchandise!!! I'm going May 27th. I'm debating on getting that yellow/cream t-shirt that says polynesian on the front and has some sort of hawaiian scene on the back. Not my favorite...but they really don't have anything else!! They need to figure out how to bottle up the smell of the GCH!!! I keep trying to replicate it with some candles but I cant find one that smells like the chlorine/water from the GCH to go with the cinnamon Tonga Toast smell from the restaurants. That with a Tervis and poly t-shirt will keep me going between visits!!!

jennabcassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #38
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

Yeah for Tervis and Disney. Lets have them at all the Resorts.
Useful and MADE IN THE USA !
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~
dvc at last ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #39
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
If you go to Tervis.com, free shipping when use the FEBFREE code!
You temptress, you! I just placed an order. Thanks for posting the code. Looking forward to our first Tervis tumblers! (We've got some icky off-brand at the moment. Pieces of junk. )
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #40
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout

You temptress, you! I just placed an order. Thanks for posting the code. Looking forward to our first Tervis tumblers! (We've got some icky off-brand at the moment. Pieces of junk. )
Enjoy! They make great gifts, too. I gave out a total of five tumblers as Christmas gifts...buying from both Tervis.com and bealls.com!!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #41
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

I have been getting Tervis Tumblers since 1971 when we visited my parents in Venice, FL and went to the factory store - in fact a lot of our designs aren't even made anymore (a problem when we need to replace one out of a set of designs). We still get a few new designs each visit to FL and add to our collection as well as return and replace the broken ones. I love the fact that each person can have their own design and there is no "Whose glass of _______ is this? - don't know so get a new one". They are dishwasher safe, but recommend the top rack only. You can even put them in the Microwave provided there is no metallic thread in the design or other metallic in the design. They have several sizes including a cup and do sell handles for the 16 and 24 oz size tumblers.
Can't wait until they have more designs only available at WDW to add to my collection.
cruisingkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #42
glass half full
Mouseketeer

Not resort specific, but picked up 2 today at DtD @ Team Mickey. I got one with a Mickey golf patch and a 24oz Espn branded one. Also, some MLB, Disney char ones there.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: